Both the Steelers and Dolphins showing alot of interest in Najee Harris at Senior Bowl | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Both the Steelers and Dolphins showing alot of interest in Najee Harris at Senior Bowl

If I were convinced that Najee Harris was going to be the best and most dominant RB in this draft I'd take him in the 1st round. But I'm not convinced it's him.

I'm convinced he's going to be one of the best - he's a lock pro because of his size, intelligence, and has no weakness other than lacking a top gear. But there's a tier of backs at the top consisting of about 4 or 5 backs that are all fairly close with different strengths and weaknesses. I just think your shot of landing the best back in the class is just as good at the top of the 2nd round as it is in the middle of the 1st round.

I think most teams typically see it that way in most drafts and it's why the run on backs usually starts in the 30's. A kid you like at RB is always going to be there in the 2nd round. More good backs have always been selected in the 2nd/3rd rounds than in the 1st round.

Occasionally there will be a draft where there's one back that teams believe sticks out as the total package that goes top 10 like Barkley, Gurley, Fournette, Adrian Peterson, Tomlinson, etc., but not very often.
I feel that much of this pertains to WR also...in general. I suspect your view on Smith is different than your view on Harris, but most years I think the same logic applies to WR.

Ricky Williams was drafted 5th overall and he was a beast jus sayin

Harris and Gaskin in the backfield, running and catching **** fire and save the matches.

Me want...Tired of not having a playmaker or 3 in the backfield. Its time to load this sucker up with scoring machines.

I would think off miamis own roster that they are coaching 4 targets for them would be devonta smith, Najee harris, creed humphrey and this eskridge kid as a slot type

obviously being targets doesn’t mean Miami will be in position for all of them or willing to pay the price they may command given there are 31 other teams but I’d bet they are draft board targets coming out of this week

I would think off miamis own roster that they are coaching 4 targets for them would be devonta smith, Najee harris, creed humphrey and this eskridge kid as a slot type

obviously being targets doesn’t mean Miami will be in position for all of them or willing to pay the price they may command given there are 31 other teams but I’d bet they are draft board targets coming out of this week

That would be a haul of a draft. I wouldn't mind a slight reach for Humphrey at #36. Eskridge would be a nice get at #81. I would want at least one piece up the middle of the defense with #50, D Line preferably. #116 would have to be a LB. I would jump over McGrone or Cox or Monty Rice or... damn, many value picks around that portion of the draft and I mean like 3 or 4 more I was too lazy to list. Mmmhhh...

I know that doesn't sound like the outcome you're hoping for but we can always go ILB next year, lol! Or pick up a FA or trade w 2022 picks after the draft.

I wouldn't hate trading 2022 picks for a young proven stud after we already killed it in O in the draft. A bunch of experienced, battle tested, pro-ready seniors to add on top of this 10-6 roster would inevitably put us on win now mode. No reason not to burn some resources if the right opportunity arises w the cap crunch.

I want a play off win next year no matter what.

Last edited:
Just hoping our top people make some golden choices for us.

We will know at the end of next season.

At least I'm honest enough to know better than to rate players based on their body parts, but to wait and see how they do in the NFL environment.

The real question is if our Coaches and Front Office can do that and do it well.

Based on last years draft and Free Agency and trades, I feel the answer to that question is a resounding YES!

I feel that much of this pertains to WR also...in general. I suspect your view on Smith is different than your view on Harris, but most years I think the same logic applies to WR.

You can say it applies to ALL positions. Because it does. But someone has to be drafted first, second, third, etc. And 32 players have to be drafted in the first round. And every draft is different in terms of overall talent available and perceived depth of talent. There is no cookie cutter way to do it. Other than take the best player available. When things are even between players or close to it, take best player available that plays a position of need. Excluding long snappers and kickers, of course.

If that ends up being a receiver, then it ends up being a receiver. MIA’s most dire needs reside on the offensive side of the ball. With play makers being at the top of the list. 2nd place isn’t all that close.

Don't worry about the Steelers, they will draft another Linebacker in the first round like they do every year it seems (especially with Bud Dupree being a free agent)

They cant help themselves, their obsession with that position is real haha

0% Williams is there in the 3rd. Easily the best back outside of Harris and Etienne....
I think Williams just might be the best of all them when we look back in 5-8 years.

Back
Top Bottom