Both the Steelers and Dolphins showing alot of interest in Najee Harris at Senior Bowl | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Both the Steelers and Dolphins showing alot of interest in Najee Harris at Senior Bowl

If I were convinced that Najee Harris was going to be the best and most dominant RB in this draft I'd take him in the 1st round. But I'm not convinced it's him.

I'm convinced he's going to be one of the best - he's a lock pro because of his size, intelligence, and has no weakness other than lacking a top gear. But there's a tier of backs at the top consisting of about 4 or 5 backs that are all fairly close with different strengths and weaknesses. I just think your shot of landing the best back in the class is just as good at the top of the 2nd round as it is in the middle of the 1st round.

I think most teams typically see it that way in most drafts and it's why the run on backs usually starts in the 30's. A kid you like at RB is always going to be there in the 2nd round. More good backs have always been selected in the 2nd/3rd rounds than in the 1st round.

Occasionally there will be a draft where there's one back that teams believe sticks out as the total package that goes top 10 like Barkley, Gurley, Fournette, Adrian Peterson, Tomlinson, etc., but not very often.

friermuth or one of these say top 3 rbs at pick 35 all things being equal?

friermuth or one of these say top 3 rbs at pick 35 all things being equal?

Javonte Williams.

As an aside, Saban just hired his RB coach. Coach Huff just left to take the head coaching job at Marshall.

LOL. Honestly, he reminds me a little of that awesome power back for the Falcons years ago ... can't think of his name though. Huge thighs ... reminded me of Earl Campbell a little bit. Javonte Williams isn't as good as that Falcon guy, and neither is even close to Earl Campbell ... but there's room in the NFL for a power guy like Javonte Williams.
Michael Turner or Devonta Freeman?

LOL. Honestly, he reminds me a little of that awesome power back for the Falcons years ago ... can't think of his name though. Huge thighs ... reminded me of Earl Campbell a little bit. Javonte Williams isn't as good as that Falcon guy, and neither is even close to Earl Campbell ... but there's room in the NFL for a power guy like Javonte Williams.

Sounds like you're referring to Michael Turner.

Only 2 RB's in the free agency are going to alter the draft.
who ever signs aaron jones is immediately wiped off the board.
who ever signs Drake, i would be pretty confident want take a RB high

1. Jags..fine...robinson was a find
2. Jets..need but not at 2... drafter perine in 4th but they need a speed back
3. us...need, too early here

AT 3, WE CAN GET WHATEVER RB WE WANT WITH NO DETERRENCE, VERY DUMB THOUGH

4. Falcons..need
5. Bengals..set with Mixon
6. Eagles...set with Sanders
7. Lions...set with Swift
8. Carolina..set CMac
9. Broncos..set Gordon
10. Dallas...set Zeek
11. Giants...set Bark
12. 49ers...set with RB by committee...i think they are the new Broncos with plug and play backs succeeding
13. Chargers...set Ballage
14. Viks..set Cook
15. Pats. set RB by commit Michel Harris
16. Cards...I think if Drake leaves they need a RB, with only 5 picks in draft, i dont think they have the luxury of 1st round RB, also one of the reasons i see them trying to bring Drake back...but this could be the first potential RB spot.
17. Raiders...Jacobs
18. us...need RB, if the Cards resign RB this is the last chance we get the top RB on board IMO, too early for my blood

AT 18, I ONLY SEE POTENTIALLY ONE RB HAVING BEEN PICKED AND THATS IFFY. I DO THINK PITT IS A SMART ENOUGH ORG TO NOT TRADE DRAFT CAPITAL TO MOVE AHEAD OF US FOR RB

19. Redskins..set Gibson
20. Bears...set Montgomery
21..Colts...set Taylor
22. Titans..set Henry
23. Jets....need RB...will pick twice before our next pick
24. Steelers...need RB (and alot more)
25. Jags...fine (above)
26.. Brown...set Chub
27. Ravens..set Dobbins
28. Saints..set Kamara
29. GB...Aaron Jones?? if no aaron jones, Rodgers is gonna scream for a RB that can catch or WR
30. Buff...think they run it back with Moss and try to go defense to offset KC
31 TB..fine with Jones
32. KC..set with CEH
33. Jags (above)
34. Jets (above)
35. Falcons. need RB
36. us need

AT 36, I THINK POTENTIALLY THE TOP 2 RB'S WOULD BE GONE IF WE SAT AND WAITED.
ASSUMING CARDS RESIGN DRAKE, IF YOU WANT TO GUARANTEE RB OF YOUR CHOICE, I THINK YOU HAVE TO JUMP TO 22. DO I AGREE WITH TRADING UP FOR RB, NO, BUT 16, 23/34, 24, 29, 35 COULD ALL POTENTIALLY BE RB (HARRIS OR T ET)

so i guess if you love Harris and a player you dont love is on the board at 18, you could potentially try dropping down a couple spots
If you like him at 22, why not take him at 18?

If you like him at 22, why not take him at 18?

I dont like the thought of first round RB at all. i pretty much did that run down because i was saying that potentially the RB needy teams hit picks 23 thru 35 hard. Hence why you could potentially drop 4 spots (assuming pitt or the jets dont use draft capital to move up in front of us if we made that move). Do i think you'll see a mini-run there, NO,if its going to happen, is that where it'll happen at...quite possibly.

But if you want him at 18 then go for it, i dont see him being there at 36

Najee Harris is a very good RB, and I'm sure his skill will translate to the NFL. He has power, athleticism, tenacity, and decent speed. He can pass protect and catch the ball. The RB position may be devalued in today's pass-first NFL, but Harris is probably the 2nd best RB prospect in this class (after Etienne), and one of the very few elite RB's in this draft class. It's understandable that all of the NFL is interested.

That's the analysis I'd like to see on every R1/R2 RB. Given ability to run the ball, Flo will have little interest if he can't catch and pass block

And what about a wide receiver? We need a stud in this draft not a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Heck, all we really needed this year was receivers that could catch the damn ball.

I'm not opposed to using a first rounder for WR. Still haven't even made it past the Senior Bowl, though.

Back
Top Bottom