Both the Steelers and Dolphins showing alot of interest in Najee Harris at Senior Bowl | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Both the Steelers and Dolphins showing alot of interest in Najee Harris at Senior Bowl

james Connor been hurt too much but gives them an option that I doubt they feel they need to replace in round 1 this year at least.

I’ve seen some Najee harris prospect ratings as low as 66. Not gonna read too much into that but all this top 20 stuff I just don’t buy into it

Connor is a FA

If you want him, move to where you need to in order to get him.

We failed to do so last year on a few occasions. Hoping guys fall to us instead of being aggressive and getting your guy.

In my opinion, Najee won’t last until the Texans second rounder, where most seem to be targeting him for. He will go late first. Get a pick in 25-30.

Better value: Najee 18 vs. Williams at 36?

I wouldn't get too cute and wait any longer and end up missing out on the entire lot like last year.
I think there are more good backs in the draft than just those two...Kylin Hill is a good back that can be had later. Gainwell is a good back. Rountree is a good back. Chubba Hubbard, etc.

I know we only focus on a couple of players at each position (I see people we MUST HAVE either Smith or Chase at WR--ROFLMAO). We need good players at almost every position. We just need the players we pick, whatever position, to work out like Raekwon Davis and Robert Hunt.

If you want him, move to where you need to in order to get him.

We failed to do so last year on a few occasions. Hoping guys fall to us instead of being aggressive and getting your guy.

In my opinion, Najee won’t last until the Texans second rounder, where most seem to be targeting him for. He will go late first. Get a pick in 25-30.
Then pick the best player you can get there and get a RB later.

That Chiefs offense is in a league of their own. Mahomes is great but his weapons are something I don't ever remember a team having.

Mahomes is a HUGE part of that offense. If Henne were the starter for example going in to the Bills game..they lose! PERIOD!

The combination of QB and weapons is unreal!

Then pick the best player you can get there and get a RB later.

We tried that last year. Didn’t work. We waited too long and missed out completely. Baltimore unexpectedly going RB screwed us.

looking back I would of loved to give a mid round pick to move up a few spots and get Dobbins. But we waited and were left with our tail between our legs.

So many people think we should wait till day 3 for a RB but then you look at our running game and see how bad we could use a good RB. I agree with the people saying we should not wait too long again this year but of course we don't have all those picks we had in the last draft. We need to make our picks count this year.

So many people think we should wait till day 3 for a RB but then you look at our running game and see how bad we could use a good RB. I agree with the people saying we should not wait too long again this year but of course we don't have all those picks we had in the last draft. We need to make our picks count this year.
I want one of Najee (fav), ETN, J Williams. We should 100% be able to grab one after 18

Thank for this, very good analysis
By the way, what about Mark Ingram? Can he take one of those teams out of the early rb consideration ?
Specially someone in win now mode like Buffalo, Pitt or GB

didnt even realize that Ingram had been released. I would think he could possibly benefit a win now team like the Steelers or Packers (if they lose Jones). Hes got a lot of years in, his best bet would probably be finding a team with a running back by committee instead of a team investing fully in him. I'd prob have him about 3rd on my list of RB's available, but only if i was in win now mode, which the Jets arent

If I were convinced that Najee Harris was going to be the best and most dominant RB in this draft I'd take him in the 1st round. But I'm not convinced it's him.

I'm convinced he's going to be one of the best - he's a lock pro because of his size, intelligence, and has no weakness other than lacking a top gear. But there's a tier of backs at the top consisting of about 4 or 5 backs that are all fairly close with different strengths and weaknesses. I just think your shot of landing the best back in the class is just as good at the top of the 2nd round as it is in the middle of the 1st round.

I think most teams typically see it that way in most drafts and it's why the run on backs usually starts in the 30's. A kid you like at RB is always going to be there in the 2nd round. More good backs have always been selected in the 2nd/3rd rounds than in the 1st round.

Occasionally there will be a draft where there's one back that teams believe sticks out as the total package that goes top 10 like Barkley, Gurley, Fournette, Adrian Peterson, Tomlinson, etc., but not very often.

My personal preference is to take whomever among Najee, Etienne , or Javonta Williams makes it to 2A, but I also believe that the team taking the guy they want is far more important than "positional value". Reality is that if they want Harris and don't take him at #18 they probably won't get him. How comfortable are they with that and with the alternatives?

Personally, I'm very comfortable with the alternatives. I like Harris, but I worry that much of his college success is just b/c he's he's bigger than most guys he goes against. If you're 6'2" 230 in college, you're probably bigger than most LBs you face, but that won't be the case in the pros. That is why bigger backs that rely on physicality are more difficult projections. There aren't many Derrick Henry's that are 247#. That's why my preference is to pass on RB at #18, but I'm also not going to fault the team if they follow their conviction and get their guy.

(But personally I feel that DeVonta Smith is a perfect, spot on fit for Miami. I see the alternatives as a clear step down for Miami. I'm not saying they can't also be great players, but for Miami, I have Smith as a guy I would not risk missing on and settling for the alternatives.)

If I were convinced that Najee Harris was going to be the best and most dominant RB in this draft I'd take him in the 1st round. But I'm not convinced it's him.

I'm convinced he's going to be one of the best - he's a lock pro because of his size, intelligence, and has no weakness other than lacking a top gear. But there's a tier of backs at the top consisting of about 4 or 5 backs that are all fairly close with different strengths and weaknesses. I just think your shot of landing the best back in the class is just as good at the top of the 2nd round as it is in the middle of the 1st round.

I think most teams typically see it that way in most drafts and it's why the run on backs usually starts in the 30's. A kid you like at RB is always going to be there in the 2nd round. More good backs have always been selected in the 2nd/3rd rounds than in the 1st round.

Occasionally there will be a draft where there's one back that teams believe sticks out as the total package that goes top 10 like Barkley, Gurley, Fournette, Adrian Peterson, Tomlinson, etc., but not very often.
If they really believe in him then they may wanna take him late in RD 1 to secure control of him for a 5th year for cheap

Back
Top Bottom