Boyer hate needs to end | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boyer hate needs to end

Not true. At some point slow adjustments can bite. And if the opponent is adjusting every series, 1 adjustment a game won't get it
I mean this is pure opinion and I'm speaking on pure fact. Your gripe is they are not adjusting fast enough... opinion based on what? We have won every game that a 3rd string QB hasn't played in. We've adjusted our defense in 4 of our 5 wins (we didn't need to adjust it in game 1 cause the Pats O sucked all game). So I ask again why you think they need to adjust faster? Did it cost us a game or something? It's just FEAR that your opinion is based on.

Haven't lost because of them yet, but we have won in spite of them.

I will give them credit when it's due and there have been some really good individual efforts, but overall I am not impressed with the schemes, assignments, and calls.

No Madden world here, reality of how bad they rank.

We have won 2 of our 5 games purely because of defense. Game 1 and Game 7 were won because of defensive effort, in spite of the offense.

It's called complimentary football. If you ever played sports growing up, you get that teammates have to support each other.

Best post in this thread
I can do better, what I really wanted to say was…..

Some of y’all need to quit watching football on Sunday’s!
Get a hobby, cart yer’ ass to Church, scrapbook, hopscotch,
Find a practice girl,
(don’t be like X wear a condom!🤭
whatever floats your boat. Find something that makes you happy instead of nitpicking on every little thing in a football contest,
wanting coaches fired because “Random f**k Phins Fan from Coos Bay Oregon
(*made up name not an actual member) don’t agree with something the Dolphins coaches did or didn’t do.
Newsflash, We’re winning football games!!! Enjoy that!
Y’all would want poor 80 year old Gladys who volunteers at your work fired because her Macaroni and Cheese casserole at the company potluck wasn’t as tasty as last years!!
Send her packing with her arthritic hip, and teardrop in her milky cataract eye!

*”YOU SUCK GLADYS!! “

*”ITS NOT A TOP TEN CASSEROLE!!

*”YOUR THE NOAH IGBINOGHENE
OF MACARONI AND CHEESE MAKING!!”

(That’s how ridiculous some of you sound like!! Ridiculous….. like a booger I stick to this!!)
Rant over…..FINS UP!!

We have won 2 of our 5 games purely because of defense. Game 1 and Game 7 were won because of defensive effort, in spite of the offense.

It's called complimentary football. If you ever played sports growing up, you get that teammates have to support each other.
I'll give you the Patriots game, but if you want to hang your hat on the Steelers game, I guess ok if it makes you feel better. They are close to the bottom of the NFL in every offensive category, and are actually at the bottom in points scored. So sure, the defense was great there...

I fully understand complementary football. Other than those two games the defense has been very complementary to the other teams offense.

I mean this is pure opinion and I'm speaking on pure fact. Your gripe is they are not adjusting fast enough... opinion based on what? We have won every game that a 3rd string QB hasn't played in. We've adjusted our defense in 4 of our 5 wins (we didn't need to adjust it in game 1 cause the Pats O sucked all game). So I ask again why you think they need to adjust faster? Did it cost us a game or something? It's just FEAR that your opinion is based on.

Just because it HASN'T cost game doesn't mean it WON'T. Slow to adjust can mean the opponent scores once more. At some point 'one more can be too many

Just because it HASN'T cost game doesn't mean it WON'T. Slow to adjust can mean the opponent scores once more. At some point 'one more can be too many
Worrying about something that has not happened and not sure if it actually ever will.

This is literally the definition of anxiety.

I'll give you the Patriots game, but if you want to hang your hat on the Steelers game, I guess ok if it makes you feel better. They are close to the bottom of the NFL in every offensive category, and are actually at the bottom in points scored. So sure, the defense was great there...

I fully understand complementary football. Other than those two games the defense has been very complementary to the other teams offense.
At this point it seems like you’re looking for something to complain about. You don’t want to give the defense credit for only giving up 10pts and nothing in the second half against the Steelers? In a game where our offense struggled…

You don’t give them credit for being the only team in seemingly 2 years that’s been able to hold the Bills to 17pts?

You don’t want to give them credit for late and clutch stops against the Ravens?

Are we all rooting for the same team? How do you guys not enjoy the wins? It’s blowing my mind.

It’s the NFL. There is more parity in this league than any other… you’re not going to get 30pt blow outs every week and anyone with those expectations is the problem. You guys come into the season expecting 13-14 wins are the problem. We are a good team who is going to scrap the whole way.

This is the best team we’ve had in 20+ years and you’re all still complaining.

At this point it seems like you’re looking for something to complain about. You don’t want to give the defense credit for only giving up 10pts and nothing in the second half against the Steelers? In a game where our offense struggled…

You don’t give them credit for being the only team in seemingly 2 years that’s been able to hold the Bills to 17pts?

You don’t want to give them credit for late and clutch stops against the Ravens?

Are we all rooting for the same team? How do you guys not enjoy the wins? It’s blowing my mind.

It’s the NFL. There is more parity in this league than any other… you’re not going to get 30pt blow outs every week and anyone with those expectations is the problem. You guys come into the season expecting 13-14 wins are the problem. We are a good team who is going to scrap the whole way.

This is the best team we’ve had in 20+ years and you’re all still complaining.
OK, you win...nothing wrong with Boyer or the defense they are absolutely fabulous.

I agree they are a good team, just not a fan of Boyer. I don't think he is getting the best from his squad.

OK, you win...nothing wrong with Boyer or the defense they are absolutely fabulous.

I agree they are a good team, just not a fan of Boyer. I don't think he is getting the best from his squad.
Your first paragraph has teeth - I agree they definitely aren’t perfect.

Second is where you’re off the tracks… Boyer is getting 10000% out of this makeshift group.

The GM spent all the money on the offense and it shows - we spent ZERO on new players for defense… just a fat extension to Ogbah and let our decent #4 CB leave… added Ingram end of offseason as a throwaway addition and that was huge.

Meanwhile we are missing our #2 CB and 2nd highest paid defender the entire season.

#3 CB out for the year

#4 CB and #5 CB both have missed games

#1 CB has missed 1.5 games and looks beat up otherwise

Starting safety out now

The DE you gave the extension to has been seemingly injured ALL season.

One of our most effective blitzers who got a large rotation of snaps - AVG - was out or useless for the first 4 games and only coming on now.

Seriously when you consider all that… and THEN see how big the defense has been (the sole reason we won 2 games, and doing important things in our other 3 wins, and playing well in our 3 losses), how are we still talking about Boyer not maximizing the team?

Back
Top Bottom