Boyer hate needs to end | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boyer hate needs to end

We haven't had an elite defense in so long this board has no idea how to value a defense
Boyer's defense have done a commendable job the past few weeks
Boyer's defenses give up too many yards and are not really an issue for top talent QBs.
Boyer's defenses feast on marginal QB play.

It's all relative, talk to me when Boyer produces a top ten defense in the league.

Too many of y’all expecting our D to play like the 85 Bears Defense (when they didn’t play Miami on a magical Monday night)
Guess what…..We ain’t that!
Boyer is doing a hell of a job with the “land of misfit toys” filling in for our injured players.
They stepped up when needed!

It’s weird when we get complaints and posts like this after A WIN.

The other team is paid to show up as well. They won. What is the expectation? Perfection?

It’s also weird the lack of understanding that it’s better to dominate at the end and win the final score… how many people are upset that we aren’t winning all game long? Like the other team doesn’t spend all week gameplanning too?

We didn’t come into the season the super bowl favorites… are you guys complaining that our team is not perfect? Could have told you that coming into the season.

What else? That the team doesn’t make enough adjustments so they can win by halftime and *only* win the end of the game?

Some of you have zero perspective. Or maybe zero understanding. Or both.

JMHO, but the complaint I noted has been common since game 1. This isn't just 'they messed up this time.
Yes, I'm happy with the win. Yes, this is the best O since Dan. I deny none of that. But, if this complaint remains a common complaint, it will be more difficult to win consistently. And the solution, in concept, isn't difficult . . . adjust more quickly

It is not Boyer hate - it is Boyer realization. The guy isn't getting the job done and if the offense had not made such great strides this year with the emergence of Tua as a franchise QB and the addition of Tyreek Hill and Armstead on the line we would be in a world of hurt. The D is terrible. We have some players who should be able to compete in this league on Defence. Where does the buck stop - Boyer. Just take a hard look at any one of our high paid players for instance - Jerome Baker - rewatched the whole game yesterday and zeroed in on his play. Its absolutley shocking. Phillips - while his effort is improving he's just not getting there! Obgah - mediocre. Defence is scheme and execution. Remember last year? What caused the night and day change when we started to go on the streak? I am now thoroughly convinced that was due to Flores taking the reins away from Boyer. I remain steadfast. This guy must go. I don't hate him.

We called the perfect defensive plays to make sure our offense would go for two straight 9-play, 5-plus minute touchdown drives to control the ball at the outset of the second half.

And between them, we worked really hard to make sure the Lions would get called for three straight penalties on their first drive of the second half and had a perfect 1st and 30 package ready to go.

Joking aside, the defense never stabilized. The Lions shot themselves in the foot on their first drive of the second half by getting into 1st and 30, and thanks to our offense, by the time they got the ball, it was the end of the third quarter and we were winning. From there, they had one failed drive and then the game was over—on their last drive, they still would’ve gotten points and were in FG range. They just didn’t get into the end zone.
My feelings exactly. It was pretty much the same defence in the second half but Detroit got nervous and the refs started to call a penalty or 2 to equalize things and before you know it we're knocking on the door and taking the lead. We got lucky yesterday that they didn't score a single point in the second half. Our luck is gonna run out when we play real teams.

My feelings exactly. It was pretty much the same defence in the second half but Detroit got nervous and the refs started to call a penalty or 2 to equalize things and before you know it we're knocking on the door and taking the lead. We got lucky yesterday that they didn't score a single point in the second half. Our luck is gonna run out when we play real teams.
Can you turn your brain on for a quick second and look at what our schedule has been already pretty please?

Too many of y’all expecting our D to play like the 85 Bears Defense (when they didn’t play Miami on a magical Monday night)
Boyer is doing a hell of a job with the “land of misfit toys” filling in for our injured players.

No we just didn’t expect our D to fall off a cliff from last year. Boyer is garbage

I'd give Boyer a silent ultimatum, the stupid penalties stop or you get replaced. If we keep making flagrant Pers. Foul, offsides and holding penalties, Boyer should be replaced. If the defense keeps shows up 30 minutes too late every game, then I don't see a 10 win team here. I can no longer count on them to get turnovers to help the offense, Tua HAS to be ALWAYS ON or it's a loss. No support from a D that's given up 2nd most pts in the NFL, ST is poor...I'm holding my breath every time Sanders kicks an extra point now, and the receivers have started a streak of turning over the ball once a game. God forbid Tua has a bad game, that would put a spot light on how flawed this team really is.
debbie downer GIF

With many of the same players and with the same coordinator I am expecting some of the same defence that had the league reeling last year. REMEMBER??!! The Amoeba Defence. Leading the league in sacks and hurries! Heck this year Wilkins and Seiler are playing lights out! But tell me Mr D Coordinator - Where are Phillips, Ogbah, Baker, Van Ginkel, Ingram, - frick if you can't motivate half of this defence at least scheme something! Sure we're missing the 2 Jones's but Crossen and Kohdu have filled in pretty well - X is nicked up with the groin - sure but next man up! How about some stunts to free up the pass rush? How about some Amoeba? Might as well send Baker on the blitz every down cause he doesn't make any tackles or break up any plays. Pitiful.

Boyer deserves it for that first half. The lions hadnt scored a td in last 2 games and today scored 2 in their first 11 plays and 27 points in the first half
The Lions weren’t healthy on offense vs the Pats and Cowboys. They have been an offensive juggernaut outside of those games.

Total defense ranking
This year: 26th
Last year: 16th

Sacks ranking:
This year: 20th
Last year: 6th

Turn over ranking:
Last year: 8th

It gets even uglier if you go back 2 seasons. Even last year Miami’s defense sucked and then it seemed like Flo took over and it was a completely different defense. Boyer is Olivadoti 2.0, complete trash! I would see if Wade Phillips wants to come back to the NFL this offseason

Total defense ranking
Last year: 16th

Sacks ranking:
This year: 20th
Last year: 6th

Turn over ranking:
Last year: 8th

It gets even uglier if you go back 2 seasons. Even last year Miami’s defense sucked and then it seemed like Flo took over and it was a completely different defense. Boyer is Olivadoti 2.0, complete trash! I would see if Wade Phillips wants to come back to the NFL this offseason

I don't think Boyer is trash; i just think he is way overvalued on this board.

He's an average DC; his defenses have never ranked better than average.

Back
Top Bottom