Bpa?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bpa??

Originally posted by TheBostonBomber
stamos your so full of urself its funny. You have no idea what you are talking about. I don't understand people like you.

You draft what you need, not what bpa is.

Feel free to wait a couple years to reap the benefits of drafting an OL this year.

Unless were talking Shawn Andrews, the value between the next best OL and BPA would be staggering. By limiting yourself on draft day, you lose in the short term and long term.

Best available O-LINEMEN is what we need not BA.PLAYER

Oh shoot, what's that? Marvin Harrison wants to come to Miami for $5m a year? Wait, we need an offensive lineman! We already have Chambers & Boston. We can get Greg Randall for $5m a year!

Like I said, look at last years draft....

And tell me how many of those first round picks, that were drafted out of need, actually helped the team in their rookie seasons. And more specifically, look at the second half of the first round.

1 Carson Palmer Bengals QB USC
2 Charles Rogers Lions WR Michigan State
3 Andre Johnson Texans WR Miami (FL)
4 Dewayne Robertson Jets DT Kentucky
5 Terence Newman Cowboys DB Kansas State
6 Johnathan Sullivan Saints DT Georgia
7 Byron Leftwich Jaguars QB Marshall
8 Jordan Gross Panthers T Utah
9 Kevin Williams Vikings DE Oklahoma State
10 Terrell Suggs Ravens DE Arizona State
11 Marcus Trufant Seahawks DB Washington State
12 Jimmy Kennedy Rams DT Penn State
13 Ty Warren Patriots DT Texas A&M
14 Michael Haynes Bears DE Penn State
15 Jerome McDougle Eagles DE Miami (FL)
16 Troy Polamalu Steelers DB USC
17 Bryant Johnson Cardinals WR Penn State
18 Calvin Pace Cardinals DE Wake Forest
19 Kyle Boller Ravens QB California
20 George Foster Broncos T Georgia
21 Jeff Faine Browns C Notre Dame
22 Rex Grossman Bears QB Florida
23 Willis McGahee Bills RB Miami (FL)
24 Dallas Clark Colts TE Iowa
25 William Joseph Giants DT Miami (FL)
26 Kwame Harris 49ers T Stanford
27 Larry Johnson Chiefs RB Penn State
28 Andre Woolfolk Titans DB Oklahoma
29 Nick Barnett Packers LB Oregon State
30 Sammy Davis Chargers DB Texas A&M \
31 Nnamdi Asomugha Raiders DB California
32 Tyler Brayton Raiders DE Colorado

there is only one STUD olineman in this draft and he doesnt even play RT/RG... the rest are all gonna need some coaching and some help

Like J.J. used to say "we are just gonna have to coach'em up!!!"
:D

We need and will draft an olineman, whether he can effectively help us this year will be the question.

Bomber, I guess you wouldn't have drafted Marino either too. Cause Miami probably needed a WR or DT in 83.

Stamos u dont know that there is such a difference between smiley and andrews so don't act like u do, ok.

u dont know that there is such a difference between smiley and andrews so don't act like u do, ok.

Are you saying that you know?

stamos, im not talkin about 83, im talking about 04, and if we don't sure up the o-line we will go no where

Man I hope that Andrews is there at 20, because hed likely be the BPA AND the Need pick. :pray:

Can't we all get along?...lol We'll take....................whoever Rick wants to take and I'll be fine with that.

Ozzy rules!!

im not talkin about 83, im talking about 04, and if we don't sure up the o-line we will go no where

Doesn't matter. WR & DT were both huge needs. According to your draft stradegy, the Marino pick was a bad pick.

Every smart draft-wise person knows...BPA is the way to go early in the draft, unless the value isn't far apart.

stamos, im not talkin about 83, im talking about 04, and if we don't sure up the o-line we will go no where

When you sign guys like John St.Claire and Damien McIntosh, its CLEAR your not suring up anything in the draft. There isn't a GM or coach out there who uses the draft to "sure up" any positions.

Like I said, its not a theory, its a fact. Just look at last years draft and look how many teams "shored up positions".

It does matter chambers, right now this team needs o-line, we have to try our best to fill that need, we can take BPA after that need is filled.

Back
Top Bottom