Bpa?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bpa??

Originally posted by Stamos
Its always a fact with me.

Go look at last years first round. See how many teams drafted players at positions they needed, and see how many of them even helped a LICK.

New England drafted Ty Warren and he couldn't sniff the starting line up.

DT was a MAJOR need for New England. They were coming off finishing 31st against the run in 2002. And Belichick was finally making the switch to the 3-4, moving Richard Seymour outside.

Ted Washington?? They traded for him in late AUGUST.

Here's what a lot of you "BPA" people are missing.

Yes, it's nice to draft BPA. But when you've got a gaping hole at a position.....with no adequate replacements in sight.......and you're next pick is 87th overall......you have to make it count.

In this case, BPA is a luxury IMO.

When was the last time we drafted an offensive lineman in the first two rounds?? THE SHULA ERA. And they were both enormous busts.

At some point, you need to invest in your OL. And that means taking one high. Everybody does it at least every few years. Everyone except us it seems. And it's not like we have this great line we can afford to neglect high in the draft like Tennessee or Indy. Our line stinks.

Time to address it.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I'm certainly not getting paid to offer it. :lol:

Originally posted by TheBostonBomber
whos to say there is a medium to big difference between smiley and whatever BPA.........u?

Did I say that there will be? You take things too seriously, you need to learn how to re-read things before jumping to a conclusion. I never said that there WILL be a BETTER player available than SMILEY. :sleep:

And Surfer, if Andrews is there...he's obviously my pick.

Re: Re: Bpa??

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Before I go to sleep, I will be sure to thank the lord that you are not our GM.

I agree......................have you seen my baseball?? :lol:

Originally posted by TheBostonBomber
It does matter chambers, right now this team needs o-line, we have to try our best to fill that need, we can take BPA after that need is filled.
Didn't Chambers just explain the Marino situation, and how it's similar to...

nevermind :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Stamos

Feel free to wait a couple years to reap the benefits of drafting an OL this year.

Unless were talking Shawn Andrews, the value between the next best OL and BPA would be staggering. By limiting yourself on draft day, you lose in the short term and long term.

I agree 100%

I think this waiting for the draft is gonna drive everyone here nuts.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom