Brace Yourselves... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brace Yourselves...

You said I was lying or something. Keep lying or something along those lines.

I explained it the best I could. You never explained anything. Like I said though this is a waste of time.

I didn’t say you were lying, bud. I said your lying eyes were telling you Drake wouldn’t have scored on that play. It’s an expression.

But I know, show you the tape.

So let me see if I can sum up what you’re saying. Because the defense showed Tannehill zone pre-snap, and no defender followed Drake’s motion, that means he can’t believe what his eyes are telling him post-snap. That even though a defender would be in Drake’s area, the fact that the defender was 10 yards off, he should still throw that ball to O’Leary. Not only that, throw him into the defender who is closing on him.

How the heck is what I said to you rude?

This is what happens when I ask someone to explain their side of it.

Instead of doing it they say I’m rude. Let’s just move on. I know what that motion is about. And I already explained it anyways further up.

Because all you stated was “ I’m sure you do” in the post before you edited it and added..

All I saw was the the first phrase..

He wasn’t in a gap pre snap so it’s the backs pickup post snap. But no way no how is either drake or ballage gonna stone that guy Barr on that. No way.

It’s set up for failure if the backer blitzes because he’s not your normal backer

Hoops, this is the kind of adjustment to a blitz from a LB that is not standing in the gap, announcing his intention to blitz that I was expecting from Larsen. The Minn RG engages on the double team but also sees Kiko coming and stonewalls him.

I just cannot believe that our OL is unable to adjust to any kind of stunt or delayed blitz.

Hoops, this is the kind of adjustment to a blitz from a LB that is not standing in the gap, announcing his intention to blitz that I was expecting from Larsen. The Minn RG engages on the double team but also sees Kiko coming and stonewalls him.

I just cannot believe that our OL is unable to adjust to any kind of stunt or delayed blitz.

Call me crazy but that's called lack of preparation and call me crazy that's called crappy coaching...

The flats would be a man beater concept primary genius. Probably vs man off that motion they would incorporate some kind of traffic or rub for the defender coming across the formation with the motioned drake with the design to outflank to the pylon.

Vs zone nope. If he looks to the flats vz zone off his drop it’s likely about influencing the inside defenders into a false step so he can fit the ball in on those shallow crossers to the one of the receiving options between defenders.

Anyways I’m done with this stuff. You can’t do what I asked you to and there’s no point taking it any further.

I betcha if Adam Gase was here he’d say the same thing man beater primary not a zone one

Not to mention that zone defender is outside leveraged of the receiver options on that side pre snap and there’s no post snap reason for him given that coverage to step inside. Why is that? Cause he has the damn flats and pylon!

I get what you are saying here, and its clear why you are such a huge fan of Tannehill. Tannehill is dead set on the manual, what is supposed to happen where the ball is supposed to go. What you don't account for is a busted coverage, a defender falling etc. Just bc its a zone and a defender "should be" somewhere pre snap, doesn't mean if you see something post snap you shouldn't adjust. If he is going through a progression or even using his eyes to look someone off and notices somebody open for an easy catch and possible score, he should take it.

I get it, you always talk about "the ask" and Tannehill has the same mindset and playing style. Take whats supposed to be there. Do NOT improvise! Same reason he is such a sack taker. Can't get the ball out when he should, sure as hell can't escape, but he sure can stick to the plan before the snap, and long as everything goes perfect. But, he can execute the ask, right, its on "the tape" Great!

Yep our line is terrible in a loop, stunt etc. But, watch Kiko run to the contact! He could have tried to get skinny and stay to his right and shoot through, looks like he was influenced a tiny bit by the run fake.

That’s not the same thing. That’s a double a gap cross blitz

The o line is responsible for them within the protection there

That’s not the same thing. That’s a double a gap cross blitz

The o line is responsible for them within the protection there

Awareness of the situation and an ability to react is what I am looking for. If the answer for the defense is to just delay a bit before blitzing and the guard will let you run straight to the QB, we are screwed.

Back
Top Bottom