Brace Yourselves... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brace Yourselves...

That twitter thread by ck is an interesting read. Hoops, what do you make of what he said? Zimmer had no respect for tannehill. Agree or disagree?

I think more than anything he knew he had the formula to beat us on offense ie play action and run game and let the d dictate.

In terms of our offense I don’t think he was worried about the run. At all. Blip on the radar. That was my read. 75 yard one play td who gives a damn. We gonna meet at the qb.

I didn’t see mucb backside contain from the edge which tells me they felt they could sniff out the run witb others and get upfield to attack the los and backfield to the qb.

You’ve got to be kidding me claiming Drake wasn’t the correct read on that play. The corner was not in position to break up the throw, and I’ll take Drake one v. one.

Sometimes I can’t believe what I’m reading here.

Ok well then gif it and let’s look at it. If you right I will tell you. If you wrong oh I’m gonna tell ya too

Zimmer had no respect for the offense's ability to handle the blitz. That is play calling and execution. The script was written by the Bills.

I was asking someone who isn't related to Ryan, but thank you.

I think more than anything he knew he had the formula to beat us on offense ie play action and run game and let the d dictate.

In terms of our offense I don’t think he was worried about the run. At all. Blip on the radar. That was my read. 75 yard one play td who gives a damn. We gonna meet at the qb.

I didn’t see mucb backside contain from the edge which tells me they felt they could sniff out the run witb others and get upfield to attack the los and backfield to the qb.

So you don't agree with ck's assessment?

Ok well then gif it and let’s look at it. If you right I will tell you. If you wrong oh I’m gonna tell ya too

Dude, don't you always say how you watch the tape and such? Can't you just go look at the tape? Truly wondering because you've been thinking everyone was talking about a different play. Off memory at the very least it seemed like Drake had a 1 on 1 with a DB. I'd take those odds ten times out of ten.

I also think Zimmer knew that their defense could win the los rather easily which they did.

Like no contest just about. They knew we couldn’t take deep drops off anything other than pa and they knew that if we got behind the sticks they’d play zone behind it and wreck us with the front 4. And they did just that when the game was out of hand.

I mean we were in a buzz saw.

Only chance was d play lights out way I see it. Or we make good on the pas which we didn’t. After that curtains.

I was asking someone who isn't related to Ryan, but thank you.

So you don't agree with ck's assessment?

Dude, don't you always say how you watch the tape and such? Can't you just go look at the tape? Truly wondering because you've been thinking everyone was talking about a different play. Off memory at the very least it seemed like Drake had a 1 on 1 with a DB. I'd take those odds ten times out of ten.

I don’t know every play off memory at work boss. But yeah I have the tape I will check it.

I didn’t read cks full assessment in fact I never have read his twitter stuff so I can’t really say if I agree or disagree with it. I just know what I saw and what I was thinking was going down from a gameplan and thought process on their end. And I also know how talented that defense is. It’s top shelf talent wise

So when we were down by a touchdown or less for a lot of the 2nd half you were thinking "we better get another pick 6 or two cause this offense has no hope"? Man, I don't view tannehill as very good but even I had higher hopes. Stupid me.

So when we were down by a touchdown or less for a lot of the 2nd half you were thinking "we better get another pick 6 or two cause this offense has no hope"? Man, I don't view tannehill as very good but even I had higher hopes. Stupid me.

I thought we better hit some pas cause it’s the only chance we have to take vertical shots. And if we get behind the sticks they are gonna wreck us. That’s exactly what I was thinking. I was also thinking it won’t be long before their o counters and our d gives it up again.

When we went down 17 late I knew exactly what was gonna happen from there on.

Honestly I was hoping for a special teams play or some additional off the radar boost.

First off...it's Larsen. I expect the worse from Larsen.

I'm no Tannehill fan, but I expect him to check out of that play...but first, I expect him NOT to always take the clock down to 1 second before snapping the ball. Its only a matter of time before a player like Barr picks up in that bad habit and expose it.

If we lose just because we aren't the better team...fine, but after a while EVERYONE on that team was forced to tap out by the Vikings.
how can you check out of something if they weren't showing it . if he was up in the gap, then yes he should a checked out.

how can you check out of something if they weren't showing it . if he was up in the gap, then yes he should a checked out.

He would have checked the protection not likely checked out of the play call. But the o line would have accounted for it or at least it would have been their responsibility. Would have slanted that way

We get it, the defense gave up 41 points. But anyone who keeps pointing to the defense giving up 41 points is basically looking at the boxscore after the game.

The defense was non-existent in the 1st quarter. No one will deny that. In addition, the offense could not sustain a drive and kept putting the defense back on the field.

In the 2nd quarter, we got a pick-6 and a FG after a sustained drive. It should have been a TD, but our QB missed a wide-open Drake in the flat for a walk-in TD.

One play into the 3rd quarter, it’s now 21-17. So, it’s now time to stop blaming the defense. You now have a game that is up for grabs. The defense held for the entire 3rd quarter, while the Tannehill-led offense was going 3 & out and losing yards on every possession.

We still had a great shot after the D gave up a FG (after a huge punt return into Miami territory, mind you). 24-17....game is still up for grabs.

Unfortunately, the offense did nothing but lose yards for the remainder of the game.

Sorry, blaming the defense for everything just doesn’t work here.

Again, congrats to the defense for playing for 2 quarters. Does the game not have 4 quarters? I am not sure how that absolves them from giving up 41 points. The three and outs doesn't help a defense but being down 21-0 (after running 6 offensive plays) sure as hell doesn't help an offense on the road against a good defense. The Vikings defense was able to dictate the game from the get go.

Panthers last night had ZERO offense. Cam shoulder is hanging by a thread evidently because he didnt have it. Did that defense lay down because they had three and outs? Cam threw a pick that took points off the board going into half. Did the defense quit then? That panthers D is not very good and was going against a better offense then the Vikings.

Hell you could say the same thing of the Saints defense. The Saints offense wasnt doing jack **** either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you all braced yourselves?

So I listened to gase post game presser and he still didn’t seem to see where he screwed up with his protection ask of the back on those pas.

Then i listened to his Monday presser after he watched the tape and he seemed to see where he screwed up.

Said he could have done some things different with it. Yeah like account for Barr better.

Better late than never I suppose.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/charting-ryan-tannehill-2018-week-15-at-minnesota/

I don’t necessarily agree with all this but I will post it here. The o leary play vs zone that ball should go to stills but you will see him get rerouted early at the top of the route and tanny throws to O’Leary instead as a result. This is tight red zone you don’t have much time to wait on anything here.

The drake stuff out leveraging the outside zone defender who is basically just gonna flow to tannys eyes if he pivots outside I do not agree with as should be a primary vs that coverage.

I think it’s the 3rd gif it shows how much the backside edge respected the away action vs the run off pa. They don’t take even a step inside at all it’s all upfield.

There’s another gif with a 50/50 ball where while I agree the throw across his body in the middle is open gesicki gets out leveraged on at the top of the route with the ball in flight. I don’t hate the decision. That kid just can never win. Sometimes you got to trust your guy to make a damn play.

Last edited:
Drake’s not walking in there. There’s a defender responsible for the flat sitting there at the goalline.

Maybe amendola should have caught that and rolled in which he could have easily done.

I heard the announcer say that dumb walk in with drake stuff and there’s a man sitting there in the flat.
I take my chances with Drake catching the ball and then running it in. If you would understand football you would know that Drake's strength is running in the open field. That "terrifying" defender sitting at the goal line did not stand a chance.
Tannehill missed him. He did not see the open guy which gave him the best chance to score - again.

Instead you do receiver blaming. Tell us again how objective you are.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/charting-ryan-tannehill-2018-week-15-at-minnesota/

I don’t necessarily agree with all this but I will post it here. The o leary play vs zone that ball should go to stills but you will see him get rerouted early at the top of the route and tanny throws to O’Leary instead as a result. This is tight red zone you don’t have much time to wait on anything here.

The drake stuff out leveraging the outside zone defender who is basically just gonna flow to tannys eyes if he pivots outside I do not agree with as should be a primary vs that coverage.

I think it’s the 3rd gif it shows how much the backside edge respected the away action vs the run off pa. They don’t take even a step inside at all it’s all upfield.

There’s another gif with a 50/50 ball where while I agree the throw across his body in the middle is open gesicki gets out leveraged on at the top of the route with the ball in flight. I don’t hate the decision. That kid just can never win. Sometimes you got to trust your guy to make a damn play.

Jesus, those video clips were DEVASTATING.

I guess your lying eyes will keep telling you Drake wasn’t going to score on that play. But even outside of that play, watching Tannehill looking completely incapable of recognizing what is right on front of him is just completely disheartening.

Back
Top Bottom