Brace Yourselves... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brace Yourselves...

Yes it was 21-0, then it was 21-17 without barely a contribution from him, and then he continued to contribute nothing the rest of the game.

He didnt do anything after that because he was on his back the rest of the afternoon. That TD run woke that defense up.

Offense had a terrible game. **** happens. Saints last night did. Panthers did. Both had a defense that kept them in the game.
Ryan Tannehill is 14-21 against winning teams...

He is also 3-7 on the road during Gase's time. Getting beat by the Vikings was all but written in stone.

It wasn't just a "bad day at the office" for Tannehill.

Ryan Tannehill is 14-21 against winning teams...

He is also 3-7 on the road during Gase's time. Getting beat by the Vikings was all but written in stone.

It wasn't just a "bad day at the office" for Tannehill.

A bad day was ****ing 41 points to a mediocre offense that had fired their offensive coordinator the prior week.

I honestly dont see how anyone came away from that game thinking "Tannehill is what I am going to bitch about after this cluster **** of a defensive performance". I am not sure he could have played better or not honestly. I haven't looked back at the plays. Don't really care to. It would have taken a pretty special offensive performance to score 42 points in that building. Damn near impossible.

I honestly dont see how anyone came away from that game thinking "Tannehill is what I am going to bitch about after this cluster **** of a defensive performance". I am not sure he could have played better or not honestly. I haven't looked back at the plays. Don't really care to. It would have taken a pretty special offensive performance to score 42 points in that building. Damn near impossible.
You can't see because you look thjroiugh aqua and orange colored glasses...

The defense began by sh*tting the bed. The defense held their ground after that, Tannehill looks off a walk-in TD to Drake to fire a thunderbolt to Leary (obviously his first read)....until they saw the offense gave up (his vaunted "deep ball" to Stills, who had his man by at least two steps), especially Tannehill. The O-line was directly responsible for about 4 of those sacks. The rest was Tannehill being the back-up QB he really is, that's not to disrespect back-up QB's because even they know to audible out of a bad play.

After that, the offense (led by our very own Statue of Liberty) may as well thrown INTs because it was 1, 2, 3, punt. Wash...rinse...recycle.

Tannehill will come back with a decent game against Jacksonville and the Tannehillians will dance naked in front of the TV in celebration...only for us to laugh at your naked ness when the Bills beat him in Buffalo to prove their first loss was a fluke.

We get it, the defense gave up 41 points. But anyone who keeps pointing to the defense giving up 41 points is basically looking at the boxscore after the game.

The defense was non-existent in the 1st quarter. No one will deny that. In addition, the offense could not sustain a drive and kept putting the defense back on the field.

In the 2nd quarter, we got a pick-6 and a FG after a sustained drive. It should have been a TD, but our QB missed a wide-open Drake in the flat for a walk-in TD.

One play into the 3rd quarter, it’s now 21-17. So, it’s now time to stop blaming the defense. You now have a game that is up for grabs. The defense held for the entire 3rd quarter, while the Tannehill-led offense was going 3 & out and losing yards on every possession.

We still had a great shot after the D gave up a FG (after a huge punt return into Miami territory, mind you). 24-17....game is still up for grabs.

Unfortunately, the offense did nothing but lose yards for the remainder of the game.

Sorry, blaming the defense for everything just doesn’t work here.

I am. He could have.

We were within a score for almost an entire quarter. Did zilch. Zero. Nada.

This isn't even the first time we saw this happen. It was basically the Patriots game again except this time the defensive score and huge run gave us a chance.

You can't see because you look thjroiugh aqua and orange colored glasses...

The defense began by sh*tting the bed. The defense held their ground after that, Tannehill looks off a walk-in TD to Drake to fire a thunderbolt to Leary (obviously his first read)....until they saw the offense gave up (his vaunted "deep ball" to Stills, who had his man by at least two steps), especially Tannehill. The O-line was directly responsible for about 4 of those sacks. The rest was Tannehill being the back-up QB he really is, that's not to disrespect back-up QB's because even they know to audible out of a bad play.

After that, the offense (led by our very own Statue of Liberty) may as well thrown INTs because it was 1, 2, 3, punt. Wash...rinse...recycle.

Tannehill will come back with a decent game against Jacksonville and the Tannehillians will dance naked in front of the TV in celebration...only for us to laugh at your naked ness when the Bills beat him in Buffalo to prove their first loss was a fluke.

Hahaha so the defense played good for 2 quarters. good job guys, just pack it in for the fourth quarter. Don't worry about the 21-0 hole you put is in. You gave us 2 quarters of good ball. You have done your job here. have you watched the saints the past three weeks or the Rams the past three weeks? Offenses **** the bed. Defenses have to pick them up.

That saints defense has won the past two games for them.

We get it, the defense gave up 41 points. But anyone who keeps pointing to the defense giving up 41 points is basically looking at the boxscore after the game.

The defense was non-existent in the 1st quarter. No one will deny that. In addition, the offense could not sustain a drive and kept putting the defense back on the field.

In the 2nd quarter, we got a pick-6 and a FG after a sustained drive. It should have been a TD, but our QB missed a wide-open Drake in the flat for a walk-in TD.

One play into the 3rd quarter, it’s now 21-17. So, it’s now time to stop blaming the defense. You now have a game that is up for grabs. The defense held for the entire 3rd quarter, while the Tannehill-led offense was going 3 & out and losing yards on every possession.

We still had a great shot after the D gave up a FG (after a huge punt return into Miami territory, mind you). 24-17....game is still up for grabs.

Unfortunately, the offense did nothing but lose yards for the remainder of the game.

Sorry, blaming the defense for everything just doesn’t work here.

Drake’s not walking in there. There’s a defender responsible for the flat sitting there at the goalline.

Maybe amendola should have caught that and rolled in which he could have easily done.

I heard the announcer say that dumb walk in with drake stuff and there’s a man sitting there in the flat.

Maybe if it was Bobby McCain over there in the flats drake could walk in...

Because god knows he’d be out of position.

The sad thing is we will never know how good RT could have been and I feel this organization never got its act together and put the team around him he needed to succeed.
The Vikings fired the OC before this game because the HC wanted a more balanced attack. Cousins is similar to Tannehill in that he can't carry a team to victory with his arm alone, he is much more effective off play action. That is an offense RT and MANY QB's can be successful in.
Tannehill has always left too many points on the field (Overthrow of Stills on the sideline and missing Drake who would have walked in when they were in the red zone) and his offenses simply haven't put enough points on the board.
It is agreed that we have never had a dominant Oline, and at times (Jonathan Martin) it was downright awful, but his lack of escapability in the pocket has been terrible. Dude goes down every time a defender puts 1 arm on him and NEVER is able to spin off of a sack and create things downfield. His inability to create when a play breaks down is what makes him so ordinary and quite frankly boring to watch.
He has been a good soldier and has been the BEST QB we have had since Marino, BUT he is NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
Time to move on!

OK maybe not Walk In, but I will take my chances with Drake against a CB in the open field. Certainly way better than throwing to a blocking TE in tight coverage wouldn't you agree?

Tannehill snaps the ball with ONE second on the play clock...and they had damn near everyone except the ST coach on the line. There was no perfect timing, it was a blunder by a backup QB, who made matters worse by running playaction.

This would be funny if it weren't pathetic...

Tannehill snaps the ball with ONE second on the play clock...and they had damn near everyone except the ST coach on the line. There was no perfect timing, it was a blunder by a backup QB, who made matters worse by running playaction.

This would be funny if it weren't pathetic...

Lol that’s your read on this? Good damn grief. No wonder

Back
Top Bottom