Brace Yourselves... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brace Yourselves...

The defense was abysmal. Burke is singlegandedly taking down this season. If the Vikes can fire a coordinator down the stretch why can’t the Fins? He’s dead man walking. Gase has to make a change in the offseason and go get a respected defensive coordinator.

The offensive line was atrocious. It’s just bad and shows no signs of relief. If anyone thinks an aging Sitton and other stopgaps are the answer well that’s just pathetic. We have to build this line with the draft and just continue to overall fail.

RT well he wasn’t the reason we lost but once again was not the reason we won today. The game gets cut to 21-17 and we had life but just could not get it done. RT throws seemed off target most of the day. I was waiting for a drive or for him to make something happen. It never came.

I’m by no means a Tannehill fan, but these types of threads always make me shake my head, it’s a **** stirring thread. This doesn’t just apply to the Tannehaters but it goes with the Tannefans as well and a main reason I try to stay off of every Tannehill thread made in here which is about 85% of this board.
I agree, we won't learn any new things in this thread, but it does help the fans to vent. Which is needed in hard times.

Way to many penalties on this squad under Gases tenure thats meams we have a coaching issue. I was hoping with new assistants that would improve this year. I believe Gase can be very efective on the offensive side of the ball. I keep looking for more of those dump off passes ala Dan Marinio which slows down the pass rush. Looks like RT is progressing in the deep pass but he just needs to mix it up more. Wondefr why Gase left him in at the end of this game. Interesting.

Tannehill didn't step up the intensity level. That was the disappointing but familiar trend. Last week you could see that Brady was determined to get rid of the theme that he had trouble in Miami. From the outset of that road game he had more energy than normal. That 40 yard laser might have been his best throw in years.

Once Minnesota waltzed down the field to open the game today, it was obvious the defense was soft and looked like it had 9 men out there. Some games among 16 unfold that way. Ryan Tannehill should have understood the situational need and been prepared to trade touchdowns, or at least go down swinging.

Instead it was the familiar blank stare and monotone delivery. Jog off the field and see what happens next.

That's our quarterback.

I don't want this to be 10 seasons. I really don't. I trust that some of our brass are finally getting the hint and losing the apology mode. Hayden Fox's thread today was superb, regarding Tannehill today watching the pass rush and seeing ghosts. Coaches and general managers who preferred to look away years ago had to be seeing plenty of that today. And with guys like Mahomes and Watson entering the league they can't use the asinine notion that Tannehill will move up the ranks based on attrition alone.

Tanneyhill is the consummate magician. He will fool you into thinking it’s real. When all along it was just an illusion.

Everyone so quick to blame the defense but when they did make a stop Tannehills offense would instantly go 3 and out.... that can wear out even the best defenses.

I agree...Tannehill can play at a high level when everything is good around him...but he is not a big game...crunch time player....period.

7 years is enough to evaluate...good person...tough...hard worker...physical talent...lacks great field vision...slow to get the ball out(increasing the hits he takes)...fails too often in big situations.

Bring him back next year...but starting today seek and find his replacement...and figure out how to acquire him.

Exactly!!!

Even if Gase called a stupid play that needed 3 seconds for the WR's to even look for the ball...Tannehill was the one out there taking the asskicking, and should have audibled out. I thought he did a couple of times, but when I paid attention, he was only calling out who the MIKE was.

Damn the MIKE, where is the pressure coming from...and get a hot read over there.
A lot of systems identify the MIKE as a starting point for the players to identify who they have to block.

Back
Top Bottom