Brad Johnson, No Thanks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brad Johnson, No Thanks

Originally posted by SMadison29

You do realize that Brunell is the younger than two of the QBs we've talked about. He's 34, Warner is 32, Garcia is about to turn 35, & Johnson is 36.

That's the biggest turnoff for all of these guys imo. The only one of those guys I really would like to take a chance with would be Brunell.

Word is that Warner will be starting in St Louis next year an Bulger will be out because is prone th throw the INT's.

Fiedler has the same disease.

You do realize that Brunell is the younger than two of the QBs we've talked about. He's 34, Warner is 32, Garcia is about to turn 35, & Johnson is 36.

Their tanks are so empty, they are all 4 running on vapor. None of them are what we need, they are over the hill, and will be cut from their teams for a reason.

I'm afraid that this sceanario is the future of the Dolphins:
We will keep winning 8, 9, 10 games a year make the playoffs about every other year, and always begin the season with a belief that this will be the great year. Every year we will lack a solid signalcaller so we'll pick up all the over-the-hill QBs that our opponents doesn't need anymore, because they know they are finished!!!

Let's face it guys, we will never get another Marino, Except for the front office :D

That makes alot of sense you put Warner on the field and he don't know were he is at wants to fumble every time a defender touches him. an Bulger have an off year not bad but that offense still put up points he was facing a tough defense playing Carolina. Carolina does that to alot of teams

I would keep Bulger starting get rid of Warner. But if they do want to get rid of Bulger I still would'nt start Warner. But I guess Warner could turn it around. It is one of those chances.

We got Marino at #27 in the draft.......the year after losing the Super Bowl to the Skins........Shula had enough guts to draft a young QB even with a playoff team......Wanny has come out and said that he did not want to draft a young QB cause the Dolphins were ready to win now.....thankfully he was not making the decisions back then......hopefully Spielman will realize that QB is the most important position on the team and you can not win with a career 50% completion passer who throws the same amount ints (or more) as TD's in Fiedler.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they don't draft a QB I will lose all hope and respect for the organization. They should have drafted a QB 2 years before Marino retired and they did'nt an it has burned them the last 4 years.

Originally posted by DolphinsDenmark

Their tanks are so empty, they are all 4 running on vapor. None of them are what we need, they are over the hill, and will be cut from their teams for a reason.

I'm afraid that this sceanario is the future of the Dolphins:
We will keep winning 8, 9, 10 games a year make the playoffs about every other year, and always begin the season with a belief that this will be the great year. Every year we will lack a solid signalcaller so we'll pick up all the over-the-hill QBs that our opponents doesn't need anymore, because they know they are finished!!!

Let's face it guys, we will never get another Marino, Except for the front office :D
Do me a favor please....check Brunell's stats and show me evidence that he is on the decline....I just don't see it......

Danny played 17 years.....Brunell is a relative pup by comparison with 'only" 10 years under his belt.

I still dont think we should pick up a QB in the first round. WE NEED A GOOD O-LINEMAN OR WR! Almost as much as we need a new QB! I would be happy with Burnell as our starter for now. Everyone is always saying "Sage is our future" so why do we need another young qb to be our "future". We ARE close with the defense we have.. it will be lost eventually so we need to do whatever is necessary to try and win now.

You all that don't want Brad johnson are crazy....

Brad Johnson has played in Norv Turners system before with the Washington Reddskins and in one of the years, Brad Johnson along with Turner had that team in the playoffs losing to the Buccs when the holder messed up and screwed the Redskins of beating the Buccs to go to the NFC Championship game to meet the Rams..

Brad Johnson is the perfect fit for this offense.. He knows the plays already, he hits WR's in stride very well and he's very humble and also has excellent leadership ability.. Sure, Johnson is 34, 35, or 36.. But he has not shown any sings of slowing down when he carried the load of the entire Buccs offense this past season while the Buccs struggled trying to find a run game..

Redskins had Stephen Davis, Brad Johnson, Qadry Ismail as their triplet when Norv was there.. With Miami, it could be Brad Johnson, Ricky Williams and Chris Chambers..

There were many, many, many times this year where Fiedler missed on long bombs to Chambers, who beat his opponents by 2-3 yards per play, and Brad Johnson is the one guy I would love to fit right in the aqua and orange jersey for Miami next year..

1. Brad Johnson
2. Mark Brunell
3. Tim Couch

Just My Opinion, but Brad Johnson seems as the best veteran option for Miami in free agency... Of course it's if Tampa gets Brunell

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
You all that don't want Brad johnson are crazy....

There were many, many, many times this year where Fiedler missed on long bombs to Chambers, who beat his opponents by 2-3 yards per play

brad johnson cant throw the deep ball either

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
brad johnson cant throw the deep ball either

He threw those long passes very well in Washington with Norv Turner.. He took advantage of those play-action passes when defenses would bite.. I believe the year was 1999 when Brad Johnson had the Redskins offense exploding in Norv's system..

all those guys are TOO OLD!!!! we don't need an experienced quarterback to get us there for ONE year then retire.... maybe thats what you guys want but i want a dynasty. brunell is too old and johnson i like better than brunell but is too old. warner hears footsteps and is not effective whatsoever with a bad O-line, and i forsee that happening next year. Couch just flat-out sucks, why is he even a consideration?

we need a fresh QB out of college to be an understudy.... let danny marino pick him too.... like was previously said, most of the best QB's in the league were not even the first QB's picked in the draft. Yes, Eli Manning will go fast and he has the name, but there will be others out there that you never heard of that will be better. I think Marino has a GREAT eye for talent and i trust his decisions.

as far as next year, maybe brunell or johnson as a temporary solution... and if garcia was available for some reason i like him the best.... he can throw far AND can scramble... and have sage rosenfels either start coming of age or get rid of him. whether he is good or not nobody knows b/c he NEVER PLAYS.... at the tennessee game the titans LET the dolphins get that TD with sage so we don't know yet.

we should get rid of griese, keep fiedler as a backup (b/c he would be a good backup), and get someone else as a starter.

get rid of derrius and mcknight, keep gadsden as your 3rd down possesion receiver, and get someone else to be your breakaway to compliment C.C.

and of course, get that damn offensive line.

i also agree about getting rid of madison - he commands too high a price now and isn't producing like he once was.... too many times he got burned this year. (uh.... OT new england game in miami ring any bells?) we need some fresh legs out of college.

thoughts?

Does anybodt rember him throwing all those pretty bombs in Minnesota that is how he got signed with the redskins. No he is not going to throw a 70 yard bomb but niether is the priemer qb's in the Warner aint Green ait Manning Aint Garcia Gannon and they are some of the best in the league. As long as they are accurate crosspatterns 30 40 yard passes I dont as long as they can lead the team.

That long ball passes are overrated to a certain degree.
that is just my opinion.

Redskins had Stephen Davis, Brad Johnson, Qadry Ismail as their triplet when Norv was there.. With Miami, it could be Brad Johnson, Ricky Williams and Chris Chambers..

Neither Ismail played for the Deadskins. With that trio the WR's were Michael Westbrook & Albert Connell.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Neither Ismail played for the Deadskins. With that trio the WR's were Michael Westbrook & Albert Connell.

In 1999, I could of sworn one of the Ismails played for the Redskins...

Back
Top Bottom