Brad Johnson, No Thanks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brad Johnson, No Thanks

Yeah dude with BJ yeah he's old but so is Mark Brunell. They both might be different ages but both have been showing signs of age, which means they are about the same stage right now of their careers.

Not only did Brad Johnson run Norv's offense to near perfection in Washington and would be very familiar with it, but he led the Bucs to a Super Bowl win not a year ago.

To me if he becomes available he is a no brainer for a QB we can ask to come in for two years to be the starter while a rookie learns under him and eventually overtakes him for the starter job.

Qadry also played with us for a few games but he couldn't catch Danny's hard thrown passes so we cut him shortly after.

Qadry-Minn, Mia, NO, Balt, Indy
Raghib-Oak, Car, Dal, almost signed with the Skins this past offseason but retired instead.

Best case scenario.. Brad Johnson comes to Miami to familiarize himself with the system again and then teaches the offensive players the system with his leadership abilities.. That in itself would have the Miami offense someone to hide under when the offense needs a big play...

And.. Miami drafts Phillip Rivers to learn under Brad Johnson, the perfectionist...

It really does not get any better than that to tell the truth for our QB situation.. In My Opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
He would not be bad here. I mean he was Norv's favorite QB pretty much(Aikman never put up 4000 yards).

Originally posted by ckparrothead

Not only did Brad Johnson run Norv's offense to near perfection in Washington and would be very familiar with it, but he led the Bucs to a Super Bowl win not a year ago.

But by the same token, Rich Gannon took the Raiders to the SB less than a year ago.

I hate to keep sounding redundant, but Mark Dixon summed it up well. You get old real quick in this league. And that's what I'm afraid of with Brad Johnson. That he'll get REALLY old in Miami. He'll be 36 next season.

Ya that's true. But after Sage being in the system for so damn long I am not real afraid anymore at backup.

Originally posted by T-Bone
Muck,
You think he would be that much of an upgrade from Fiedler?
I don't, what we need is an explosive qb, Brunell is not explosive any more but he IMO is a better choice that Fiedler, Johnson, Warner or Couch.

He did throw 26 TD passes W/O a running game. BUT, I still don't want him.

Originally posted by chambers84
He did throw 26 TD passes W/O a running game. BUT, I still don't want him.

Jon Gruden is very pass happy.. With Miami's run first offense, Brad Johnson would be excellent on this team.. Also, you have to take into account the amount of time it takes for a QB to learn and apply the Norv Turner offense well.. When Norv came in, he said it takes 1 full year.. Do you want to go through 1 full year of Brunell or another QB getting accustomed to a system when this team has a Superbowl ring as their goal??

I know I don't

I'd much rather have Brad Johnson who has played in this offensive system and succeeded with this system.. Having Brad Johnson play QB while a rookie QB learns on the sideline is the best option in my opinion in grooming a QB for the future as well as having the best possible option at QB to making this offense alot better, alot quicker..

Originally posted by T-Bone
Muck,
You think he would be that much of an upgrade from Fiedler?
I don't, what we need is an explosive qb, Brunell is not explosive any more but he IMO is a better choice that Fiedler, Johnson, Warner or Couch.

brunell is a better option than couch? interesting...

brunell won't stay in jax as a backup with a pay cut.... that is out of the question, especially since he wants to play and there's like 5 teams that want him as their starter qb

I don't want Brad Johnson. He's shown this season that he is VERY prone to throwing INTs, and we already HAVE a QB like that. Three or four years ago I would have liked Brad Johnson, but not now.
I am not overly enthusiastic about Brunnell either---he's a VERY short term answer. If we bring him in, we damn well better draft a QB in the first round as well.

Back
Top Bottom