Brandon Graham leaning towards Dolphins- per source | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Graham leaning towards Dolphins- per source

I wonder what the heck the Eagles are doing. They've traded McCoy, lost Maclin in free agency, re-signed Sanchez (three awful moves right there). Cut Cole and now letting Graham walk, released 3/4 of their starting DBs from last year...Eagle fans should be pretty upset and confused.

Chip Kelly has been very arrogant this off-season. Good coach, but that's why can't give certain coaches full control. If he thinks his system can overcome the lack of good talent, he's kidding himself. It's still early, and you still have the draft, but it will be hard to replace both Shady and Maclin in one off-season.

Chip Kelly has been very arrogant this off-season. Good coach, but that's why can't give certain coaches full control. If he thinks his system can overcome the lack of good talent, he's kidding himself.

I can't wait to see it either.

Fresh off the press

The Giants are one of several teams pursuing Eagles defensive end/linebacker Brandon Graham, and it’s possible he could be their first free-agent signing when the market opens at 4 p.m. on Tuesday. An NFL source confirmed their interest and that they’re one of a handful of teams the 26-year-old is considering.

He is also reportedly drawing interest from the Miami Dolphins and Tennessee Titans. Meanwhile, there were conflicting reports on whether the Philadelphia Eagles were attempting to lure him back.

The 6-2, 265-pound Graham had 5 ½ sacks last year playing mostly at linebacker in Chip Kelly’s 3-4 defense. He last played defensive end in 2012 when he also had 5 ½ sacks. But he’s been a part-time player for most of his five-year NFL career, and is considered to have some untapped potential.

Graham, after all, was once a first-round draft pick – drafted 13th overall in 2010, just two spots before the Giants took Jason Pierre-Paul. The Giants obviously just “franchised” JPP at the cost of $14.8 million and they also have defensive end Robert Ayers and Damontre Moore. But defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo wants a deep rotation of speedy pass rushers that he potentially could even play together along the defensive line. And that’s what the Giants have been looking for in the early hours of free agency.

Unfortunately for them, the market has been wild and the numbers have been huge. Jerry Hughes, another defensive end they were eyeing, re-signed with the Buffalo Bills for five years, $45 million and $20 million guaranteed. Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, of course, broke the bank with a six-year, $114 million deal from the Miami Dolphins with $60 million guaranteed.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gi...brandon-graham-blog-entry-1.2142958?cid=bitly

Wasn't he a 4-3 DE converted to a 3-4 olb?

Maybe that was the "round peg in square hole"?

Free agent DE Brandon Graham is reportedly seeking a four-year deal worth $30 million, with $20 million guaranteed.
This is a max price and not necessarily what Graham will get paid. The New York Daily News confirms the Giants are in prime contention for Graham, while the Dolphins and Titans are also pursuing him. The Fins are a tough sell because they are already so deep on the defensive line. The Titans would be an un-ideal fit, as they run a 3-4 and Graham is best suited for a 4-3.

isn't this money best spent elsewhere?

Two words I can't stand together...untapped potential...in other words he has yet to deliver production on the field relative to his athletic ability and the media doesn't want to admit they're wrong about the kid when he was drafted.

He's been in the league for 5 seasons, played sparingly because he's not good enough to get on the field full time, has 17 career sacks but somehow he's a "top notch" pass rusher with "untapped potential". At some point people have to admit you are what you are and it's not getting better. He's played in a 4-3 and a 3-4 and he's been more productive as a 3-4 OLB but people think he's a better 4-3 DE...smh.

how bout the suh signing??? you on board with it and the terms???

Yes. I was shocked at the numbers when they were first announced but then I went back and did more research and learned that Reggie White's deal in 1993 made him the third highest paid player in the league at the time. I just created a thread about it with some of the comparative numbers.

Yes. I was shocked at the numbers when they were first announced but then I went back and did more research and learned that Reggie White's deal in 1993 made him the third highest paid player in the league at the time. I just created a thread about it with some of the comparative numbers.

yeah you get a shot at something that level you do not pass it up

Misi in the middle again? :crazy:

Please... let us hit on at least 4 players in the draft so that we can actually compete this year...

Haha don't count on that. When was the last time that has happened? Actually when was the last time we drafted a perennial all pro? It's amazing how often fans say, we can draft A, B, C to replace players.

I know we sign big free agents often but we also draft every year and still have a mediocre team

Back
Top Bottom