Braylon Edwards? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Braylon Edwards?

WILLIS29

shake em' and bake em'
Joined
Jun 17, 2004
Messages
98
Reaction score
0
I know alot of people are real high on him, but if this were his junior year would we still be talking about him? I never heard much about him until last year. Now that doesn't mean he won't be good, all i'm saying is he had 1 good year really.
I just keep thinking of the other michigan wide outs that have been nothing but busts in the NFL.
 

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
May 20, 2002
Messages
43,879
Reaction score
12,503
Braylon has been good for a long time.. He wouldnt have been granted the prestigious Michigan Number 1 jersey if he werent.
 

KB21

Club Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2001
Messages
10,062
Reaction score
65
Anthony Carter was a bust?
 

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Moderator
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
17,233
Reaction score
8,218
Location
Harrisburg, PA
he's been good his So., Jr., and Sr. years. Only player in Big 10 history to have over 1000 recieving yards 3 straight years.

The reasons you never heard about him last year were...
1) He said he would not go into the draft at the beginning of his Jr. Season
2) Last year was loaded with good recievers
3) Larry Fitzgerald (a WR) was a Heisman canidate
4) All the nation wanted to talk about all year was OU

Had Braylon entered last year he probably would have gone before Woods,Jenkins, and Clayton.
 

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Moderator
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
17,233
Reaction score
8,218
Location
Harrisburg, PA
and what do you mean all the other Michigan wideouts?

Carter wasn't a bust, Streets was never a number 1 guy but wasn't a bust.

The only bust was Terrel, but that's because he was egotistical and refused to work hard for anything.
 

dcdolfan

Starter
Club Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2003
Messages
103
Reaction score
4
Desmond Howard was a bust! But I think Edwards is gonna be a good pro.
 

byroan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
18,503
Reaction score
1
I wouldn't call Toomer a bust either.
 

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Moderator
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
17,233
Reaction score
8,218
Location
Harrisburg, PA
dcdolfan said:
Desmond Howard was a bust! But I think Edwards is gonna be a good pro.

as a reciever yeah, but he was still a great return man. I forgot about Toomer.

DT is the only real bust I can think of because he has had no use on ST or offense.
 

Brad528

Pro Bowler
Joined
Aug 7, 2003
Messages
2,522
Reaction score
104
Age
38
Location
All over the place
WILLIS29 said:
I know alot of people are real high on him, but if this were his junior year would we still be talking about him? I never heard much about him until last year. Now that doesn't mean he won't be good, all i'm saying is he had 1 good year really.
I just keep thinking of the other michigan wide outs that have been nothing but busts in the NFL.
So basically you never watched him other then last year. TO say he only had one good year is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Being a Michigan fan and watching every game he has ever played in i will tell you that he has been great every year in College. He has been the most dominate WR in the Big Ten since he started.
 

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Joined
May 5, 2002
Messages
16,585
Reaction score
21
Age
47
Location
London
Comparing a player to past drafted players from the same school is ridiculous. It's like comparing farts to find the smelliest. (probably)

As for Edwards, what he's done is be consistent, which was the knock on him leading into his senior year and the main reason he stayed at Michigan.
 

eltos_lightfoot

FinHeaven VIP
Joined
Aug 6, 2003
Messages
747
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
Sturgis, SD
Boomer said:
Comparing a player to past drafted players from the same school is ridiculous. It's like comparing farts to find the smelliest. (probably)

As for Edwards, what he's done is be consistent, which was the knock on him leading into his senior year and the main reason he stayed at Michigan.

Exactly. I get really tired of this talk about how Edwards is so inconsistent. All I know is when they needed him in the fourth quarter with freshman RB and QB, he made the big play over and over again.

This guy is a superstar, not David Terrell.
 

byroan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Aug 19, 2004
Messages
18,503
Reaction score
1
Boomer said:
It's like comparing farts to find the smelliest. (probably)

:roflmao: There were no other comparisons you could think of? You had to use farts?
 
Top Bottom