Breaking: Gase To Jets! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking: Gase To Jets!

And I suspect that guy spends 18 plus hours a day in the complex.

So I don’t think he’s gonna be outworked in terms of work ethic

These guys all spend 18 hours a day working. Coaches' workloads are insane.

Gase did some good things, and to pretend otherwise is simply letting emotion get the best of you. But Gase also did some really bad things. If you ask me whether he will succeed or fail in New York, I honestly couldn't tell you. If you put a gun to my head, I think I would predict that he will fail. He did go the Jets, and the Jets still are, as Austin Tatious put it, right there in loserville with the Dolphins.

Gase being fired because he wasn’t interested in a rebuild was obviously a facade by Ross. The real reason is because Gase lost the locker room and the players were about to have a mutiny if he was brought back. If the players were fine with him, Ross would be firing him in the middle of next instead.

There’s no way you can know that. Suspect it fine but know I mean come on.

I think it was probably more about the power structure and not being willing to recede any.

That doesn’t mean he’s getting it in New York but guys don’t take kindly to perceived demotion unless they are clingers like tbaum I suppose lol

Just a nitpick here: Gase is not a millennial. He's in that weird tweener group that is sometimes referred to as Generation Y. Basically, not quite Generation X, but also in that last group of kids who grew up and made it through high school without cell phones.

I do agree with you about the emotional intelligence part. I strongly suspect that he has Asperger's or some other form of mild, but workable social dysfunction.

Eh, I'm not big on psychoanalyzing folks you don't know, but I suppose this is possible. On the other hand, he might just be an a*shole.

These guys all spend 18 hours a day working. Coaches' workloads are insane.

Gase did some good things, and to pretend otherwise is simply letting emotion get the best of you. But Gase also did some really bad things. If you ask me whether he will succeed or fail in New York, I honestly couldn't tell you. If you put a gun to my head, I think I would predict that he will fail. He did go the Jets, and the Jets still are, as Austin Tatious put it, right there in loserville with the Dolphins.

Well I can understand him getting annoyed wit the media in Miami when you got dumb asses like Omar kelly or mando asking him questions. I saw mandos tape analysis it was horrific.

Of course there will be plenty of dumb media in New York. Maybe he learns from that experience here.

My advice just deflect like bill belichick.

Eh, I'm not big on psychoanalyzing folks you don't know, but I suppose this is possible. On the other hand, he might just be an *******.

I agree. I've seen a bunch of people making snarky comments about it on the internet, so I had to stop and think about it. And like you, after thinking about it, I realized that it would explain a lot of things.

He is not a bad person, he just struggles badly to deal with some people on an emotional / personal level.

Wait till he he turns darnold into a good qb. When he kicks our ***. What will you say then. There we go back to losing to the jets again. At least gase beat the jets and won division games. I am sick about this.

Frankly, I think Adam Gase tampering with Darnold is the best thing that could have happened to the fins.

He is going to make that kid into Tannehill 2.0.

I'm just glad they didnt land McCarthy or Rhule.

Wait until Darnold finds out that Gase prefers passes thrown short of the sticks or behind the line of scrimmage!

I wouldn't rely on that. When Gase arrived from Chicago one prominent poster here said he watched every play from Gase at Chicago, and his single takeaway was that Gase never throws short of the sticks on third down. I laughed and said lots of luck with that. Every team throws short of the sticks to some degree. I don't care what it looked like at Chicago.

But the takeaway is you can't look at a coach's work at one team and be confident it will apply identically to the next team. I have been amazed at that all my life. Personnel variance. Assistant coaching variance. Changed outlook. It's like watching the first division game and believing everything that transpired in that game will unfold similarly in the rematch.

Very good move by Gase. Upside. Sam Darnold won't be 22 years old until June. At Darnold's current age, Ryan Tannehill had thrown a grand total of 9 passes as a college quarterback. Darnold had a shaky year with basically even interceptions as touchdown passes. But he really picked it up over the final four games, with 6 touchdowns to only 1 interception and a much improved yards per attempt, especially against Green Bay. I'm not sure Dolphins fans were paying full attention to Darnold's uptick over the final month. The entire team packed it in at New England in the finale. That may have concealed what happened the few weeks prior.

Good versatile tight end in Chris Herndon, assuming he learned from that DUI screw up and it doesn't resurface. I'm sure Gase would be more than giddy if some of his tight end designs that Gesicki could not execute turn out to be lethal with Herndon.

Besides, NFL rivalries are so boring compared to college, where they can define entire cities and regions and the outcome lingers at workplaces throughout the offseason. At least this hire enables some college-type intensity to a pro rivalry.

As someone who is a journalist by profession, I think it will be fascinating to see how Gase responds to the press in New York.

He was terrible with reporters in Miami and really let his frustrations/emotions get the better of him at times this year. But the Miami press corps is nothing like the journos in New York. The scrutiny he'll be under there will be considerable.

If he thought Mando and Omar were annoying, wait till he gets introduced to the Jets beat reporters from publications like the NYT, NY Post, or NY Daily News, amid a rough stretch in his tenure. There could be some fireworks at the pressers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom