Breaking: Gase To Jets! | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking: Gase To Jets!

I would think they would let it in this forum, although not directly Phins related, I'm sure there is plenty of interest and a lot of gloating to go around!

hahahahahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

I agree. I've seen a bunch of people making snarky comments about it on the internet, so I had to stop and think about it. And like you, after thinking about it, I realized that it would explain a lot of things.

He is not a bad person, he just struggles badly to deal with some people on an emotional / personal level.

The more I think about this it becomes more interesting. It definitely could explain some of his more idiosyncratic behaviour,

I think Gase could become a successful HC in the NFL if he could improve his interpersonal skills, get better at managing difficult players, gain some humility, surround himself with better coordinators, etc.

However, if he's really on the spectrum then that's not going to happen. Or, at the very least, any improvements he makes in interpersonal skills are going to be very limited.

I hope this doesn't come across like I'm being rude or taking shots at folks with AS, let alone more severe forms of autism. That's not what I'm trying to do here.

But if Gase is dealing with something like AS then it's highly unlikely he'll be able to make the changes he needs to take the next step as a HC.

As someone who is a journalist by profession, I think it will be fascinating to see how Gase responds to the press in New York.

He was terrible with reporters in Miami and really let his frustrations/emotions get the better of him at times this year. But the Miami press corps is nothing like the journos in New York. The scrutiny he'll be under there will be considerable.

If he thought Mando and Omar were annoying to deal with, wait till he gets introduced to the Jets beat reports from publications like the NYT, NY Post, or NY Daily News, amid a rough stretch in his tenure. There could be some fireworks at the pressers.
and also the Newark Star Ledger and Long Island Newsday - 2 more publications with respectable circulations.. On every misstep, there will be loads of sharks in his waters looking to one-up the other. And then you've got the radio guys too.

Just read on NFL.com he’s trying to get Loggains (Patton Oswalt) to be his do-nothing OC. And Vance Joseph to run his wide 9.

Gase is gonna lose it when the NY media starts climbing up his backside. He couldn’t handle Miami’s powderpuff journalists. NY is a different league. I can’t wait to see him blow a gasket.

Just read on NFL.com he’s trying to get Loggains (Patton Oswalt) to be his do-nothing OC. And Vance Joseph to run his wide 9.

I don’t see them having the personnel for that defensive scheme but I guess it’s not our problem any more

and also the Newark Star Ledger and Long Island Newsday - 2 more publications with respectable circulations.. On every misstep, there will be loads of sharks in his waters looking to one-up the other. And then you've got the radio guys too.

The radio guys already hate him... joe bonigno was already raking the Jets over the coals at the thought of hiring Gase. He wanted McCarthy badly.

Back
Top Bottom