Breaking: Gase To Jets! | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking: Gase To Jets!

Fair enough. The Jets obviously have a better QB situation for the future than the Fins do at the moment. That I'm not contesting. I just disagree with the roster assessment as a whole. I would certainly rather have the Fins secondary, DTs, WR and RB moving forward. And I don't think the O-Line is drastically worse; Tunsil is obviously a clear reason why. It's not even that the Fins Line was any good...it's just that the Jets wasn't much better. I certainly don't expect Gase or Loggains to make something special out of what they've got.

I hope you are right. In his first year, I thought Gase was legit, but after these last couple of years I soured on him quite a bit. His personnel moves were baffling at times, and Tannehill regressed badly under his watch this year. I hope the next coach we hire can spot and develop talent! We need to raise the bar.

I hope you are right. In his first year, I thought Gase was legit, but after these last couple of years I soured on him quite a bit. His personnel moves were baffling at times, and Tannehill regressed badly under his watch this year. I hope the next coach we hire can spot and develop talent! We need to raise the bar.

Agreed 100%. And I totally bought in on Gase. It's amazing how much HE regressed as a coach. Just sad to watch, really.

I was pleased when watching Get Out this morning and Greeny wasn't happy about the selection. hahahahahahaha

Not sure I’d be laughing. We are in far worse roster shape and at QB then the Jets. They also have a lot of cap space. If Gase doesn’t have personnel control he may have a good season next year. The outspoken players will determine the fate of that team IMO.

It's really crazy that the Jets wouldn't hire Matt Rhule because they didn't like his staff choices. I mean, that's what a head coach does, he picks his staff.

Really weird decision-making there by the Jets.

It's really crazy that the Jets wouldn't hire Matt Rhule because they didn't like his staff choices. I mean, that's what a head coach does, he picks his staff.

Well, maybe if our lot had overruled Gase's decision making on his staff, things would have turned out better!

Apparently it was his choice for OC they didn't agree with for Darnold's sake.

Well, maybe if our lot had overruled Gase's decision making on his staff, things would have turned out better!

I disagree. This was the best possible scenario. Instead of hiring a better defensive coordinator, Gase hired a guy who couldn't save his bacon. The net result? Gase fired due to his own hubris and failings. A just result.

I have no qualms with how that went down. Yes, Matt Burke was totally unqualified and a bad hire, but it was clear by the end of year three that Gase was not able to handle the situation he had helped create. The team needed to fire him -- not because he's terrible, but because the situation got terrible and he couldn't fix it -- and his hiring Matt Burke as DC was probably a contributing factor to Mr. Ross makign the right decision.

I disagree. This was the best possible scenario. Instead of hiring a better defensive coordinator, Gase hired a guy who couldn't save his bacon. The net result? Gase fired due to his own hubris and failings. A just result.

I have no qualms with how that went down. Yes, Matt Burke was totally unqualified and a bad hire, but it was clear by the end of year three that Gase was not able to handle the situation he had helped create. The team needed to fire him -- not because he's terrible, but because the situation got terrible and he couldn't fix it -- and his hiring Matt Burke as DC was probably a contributing factor to Mr. Ross makign the right decision.
Ah yeah, I was only joking really. I'm glad Gase is gone to be honest. My point is more ... maybe sometimes it's not a terrible thing to point out to a blinkered HC that the potential hires he's making are terrible? I mean, we all knew Burke was disastrous last year. But Gase was stubborn and stuck wit him.

Being hired by the jets "braintrust" of dummies will only reinforce Gase's sense of self-entitlement. He'll believe that the Johnsons and Maccagnon (himself holding on by a thread) bought into his act because they're smarter than Ross. What Adam really needed to do is put a year or 2 between HC jobs so he can decompress and through the perspective of time, make a realistic re-assesment of what he did wrong, failed to do or could have done better or otherwise.

It serves the Fins well that with the Jets he's going from the frying pan into the fire thinking that what didn't work down here was a result of others' failings more than his own.

We will find out. Honestly, I think his decision to hire Gregg Williams is a plus for Gase. It indicates that he is not just going to hire his buddies again.

Perhaps he learned that hiring his friend VJ and his friend Matt Burke to run his defense was stupid.

I'm predicting that he will do well in New York. Darnold is a good young QB, and they have a good defense. Adam Gase will learn from his mistakes, and I will not be surprised if he succeeds. Hey, we're tanking anyway, so I'm not too upset that we'll likely lose to New York twice next year.
He's too stubborn to learn from his mistakes. It will take some time but it will end up a train wreck in NY too. Bank on it. He didn't ruin our team overnight.

He's too stubborn to learn from his mistakes. It will take some time but it will end up a train wreck in NY too. Bank on it. He didn't ruin our team overnight.

Maybe he'll burn out of the league like Kenny Powers and come back later after hitting rock bottom. Gonna be hard to humble that one.

Back
Top Bottom