BREAKING NEWS: Boston Coming Back! | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Boston Coming Back!

phinman1 said:
Just his presence on the field will help, even if it is as the number 3 or 4 WR. Defenses simply have to respect the guy, thereby opening things up for CC, Booker and McMike, not to mention the running game.

I wonder whether he can come back full strength, or whether he is compromised forever becuase of his injuries. The first step for this guy is just making it through camp.

I'm encouraged by the fact he's apparently been running at full speed for nearly a month.

enigmatics said:
Where does it say that?

Oops. I may have read it wrong. Here's the quote:

Boston completed his rehabilitation before the target date of April 21 and has been running at full speed.

I assumed that running at full speed was an indication of his having completed rehabilitation.

DrAstroZoom said:
Oops. I may have read it wrong. Here's the quote:

I assumed that running at full speed was an indication of his having completed rehabilitation.

Whoops.......I guess I was so enamored that I forgot to read the whole commentary. lol

Philter25 said:
I totally agree, it all depends on how healthy Boston is. If he is healthy, then either Boston or Chambers in the slot is going to cause problems.

I have faith in Boston. Last year when we signed him he was dedicated. He lost the weight we wanted him to and he looked incredible before his injury. Im trusting that since we are giving him a 1-year deal, its pretty much a "prove yourself" deal. Players want to get paid. Boston knows this is probably his last chance in the NFL. If he doesnt show up like a stud WR and rehab is butt off, he wont get paid for years to come.

I definitely see no "risk" in this signing. Just as I see little risk in Ricky returning.

Teammates appreciate hard work and dedication. If both of these guys return in the aftermath of Wanny, I feel the team will give both a fair and equal chance to earn their paycheck.

Say what you want about both, I feel every team needs "purpose". Using last year as a motivational tool, I could see the team welcoming back both players as they seek "closure" to last year.

To some players, I'm sure last year never really "happened". It was so horrible, they've probably forgotten about the injuries, turmoil and losses. I'm sure this season is not necessarily a "rebirth" for many of our vets. Many of our vets don't have time to "rebuild". They need to find immediate resolution to some of the monkeys they have been carrying for some time.

This is why I believe Ricky would be welcomed back by the vets. He DID endure 2 years of Wanny. He did share in Pro Bowl performances that led to nothing. He knows their frustration. They have a bond.

If this team starts winning and continually builds cohesion and purpose, I see something magical possible.

And I have always been a person who has hushed Super Bowl talks. All I am saying is the potential exists for something wonderful, it's left up the players to make it happen.

Phinz Rule!

NathanHunt said:
I definitely see no "risk" in this signing. Just as I see little risk in Ricky returning.

Teammates appreciate hard work and dedication. If both of these guys return in the aftermath of Wanny, I feel the team will give both a fair and equal chance to earn their paycheck.

Say what you want about both, I feel every team needs "purpose". Using last year as a motivational tool, I could see the team welcoming back both players as they seek "closure" to last year.

To some players, I'm sure last year never really "happened". It was so horrible, they've probably forgotten about the injuries, turmoil and losses. I'm sure this season is not necessarily a "rebirth" for many of our vets. Many of our vets don't have time to "rebuild". They need to find immediate resolution to some of the monkeys they have been carrying for some time.

This is why I believe Ricky would be welcomed back by the vets. He DID endure 2 years of Wanny. He did share in Pro Bowl performances that led to nothing. He knows their frustration. They have a bond.

If this team starts winning and continually builds cohesion and purpose, I see something magical possible.

And I have always been a person who has hushed Super Bowl talks. All I am saying is the potential exists for something wonderful, it's left up the players to make it happen.

Phinz Rule!

Good post, I have 1 point of contention though. Ricky's subsequent attitude towards his initial action, in regards to his teamates ie "coworkers" not so much the FO ie "management". He showed no REMORSE (which would have helped a lot) and was flippant about his teamates ligitamate issues about what he did. That attitude shows that he did not have the bond that you speak of at the time of his decision and worse gave no credence to that bond in the aftermath. That being said, the gap can still be bridged it just means that its going to be doubly more difficult...

I can't help it.... But this is everyone's turn to say I TOLD YOU SO to those who said he wasn't coming back here! : )

If he stays healthy, we are going to have a powerhouse of an offense. I keep saying that.... But imagine if Ricky Williams came back too? I Don't see how we could be more potent. It would really make things unfair, because seldom do you have players of that caliber on a team all under the salary cap. The only reason they would be here is because they are the "problematic" type.

Man oh man, can you imagine how potent our offense could be this fall?!! Miles, no lightyears better than last year!!!

QB: AJ Feeley (Trust me, he'll be good this year)
RB: Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams (What a combo in the backfield)
WR: Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, David Boston
TE: Randy McMichael
OC: Matt Linehan

It may take a few weeks to all come together, but by Week 8 look for us to be shocking some teams with our offense.

By the way, if Ricky does come back and our offense gels quickly, we will be in the playoffs this season, book it!

Slappy8800 said:
in his defense....can we look at Hakim's Numbers vs Boston's the last few years....I would have taken Hakim over boston, if the price was right, based on Hakim actually played the last few years

Hakim has injury problems as well. I may be wrong but I don't believe he has ever played a complete season. Face it we gambled with Boston. But at least it was with a guy that could pay off big. Hakim you know what you get. He is never going to take over a game or be a go to guy. I like it, just pray it works.

My prediction is this time next year we are going to have a dilema about how to extend the Dbo contract

Nublar7 said:
Anytime you can get a guy that is a potential Pro Bowler for next to nothing its a good investment. I know Boston has struggle with many issues, but he is young and perhaps he can maturer and heal up.

My biggest concern with him is how his body will respond to being off the juice. Guys tend to fall apart when they go off of steroids and continue to play.

He will be great for us in that he's good enough to play in the slot, or outside so that Chambers can play the slot. I'm excited. The Offense just got better.

I bet we see ALOT of 3 WR sets this year.

MarksBrothers85 said:
Man oh man, can you imagine how potent our offense could be this fall?!! Miles, no lightyears better than last year!!!

QB: AJ Feeley (Trust me, he'll be good this year)
RB: Ronnie Brown/Ricky Williams (What a combo in the backfield)
WR: Chris Chambers, Marty Booker, David Boston
TE: Randy McMichael
OC: Matt Linehan

It may take a few weeks to all come together, but by Week 8 look for us to be shocking some teams with our offense.

By the way, if Ricky does come back and our offense gels quickly, we will be in the playoffs this season, book it!

I have to admit...its the best group we've had in a long, long time.

Since march it's been clear

In many threads and NFL forums it's been clear that Nick Saban is smart and is trying to bring TALENT into his Miami Dolphins.

First he started by cutting off many players that won't fit his system, people like Fieldler or Konrad with no real improvement in many years.

Boston was slaped in the face, and was forced to recover his skills (both mental and physical), so now he's running like Saban needs and surely will be lethal as 3th WR.

Nick lurked everywhere to recover as many picks in the draft as he could, this way [size=-1]Patrick Surtain was traded to KC and we obtain 2nd round and some cap.

[/size]Depth at RB is obviously important and with Ronnie Brown and the biggest draft's steal K.J. Harris there's a hell of running power.

Coach Saban seeks long term value and will recover another key member: Ricky Williams. This herb-ivorous will be blamed for last season results, but take a look at that time's depth chart and you'll find no real weapon to have more than a 7-9 season with him aboard. The real RW's fault was to be yellow when was tested positive and fly away with just a week before camps and most of his fears were unhandled by DW.

This kid need a hard hand like Saban's to recover the way and with many problems around, he's in a win-win situation. Miami will win if RW recovers physical and mental health to do 1000 + yards. This way he may be traded or be included to build a monster offense.

Predaphin said:
YESSSSSSSS!!!!

Now all we need is for Ricky to come back.

We don't need Ricky to come back, we need his talent in order to improve the team.

Back
Top Bottom