BREAKING NEWS: Boston Coming Back! | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Boston Coming Back!

Nice low risk signing, But I'll get excited when he actually does something for the DOLPHINS.
I'll reframe from blowing my load about this (like others) until he does. :)

I agree, great low risk sign. I hope he stays healthy and wants to show how much he is a bad ***.

FireWrongstedt said:
Why is everyone reacting like we just signed Marvin freakin' Harrison? Boston hasn't done s-it in almost 3 years now. I'll start celebrating like most of you guys if he actually makes it through training camp without either hurting himself, taking some form of drugs, or assaulting someone old enough to be his dad.

The signing inspires hope, and hope is all you need for any Phin fan coming off a 4-12 season. I was one of those fan that said this guy was finish at least in Miami, but you gotta admit it does make one a little excited as to the possibilities of adding a WR of his talent to the roster.

Now, there are a lot of things he needs to do to at least get back to half what he was when he had those to good years which are the things you mentioned, however, Boston can be a dominant player but he is the biggest MORON in the world. Like you, I would wait to see if he makes it through training camp.

Surferosa said:
I think Booker is good for the slot, or at least running those underneath 8-10 yard routes over the middle of the field. He made a living of that in John Shoops system in Chicago. Hes not a speedy slot receiver, but he can be very effective over there because hes got great hands and runs good routes.
:smackhead:

If anything, Booker is the last WR I would want in the slot. In 3 WR sets, I would move Chambers to the slot or else Boston to the slot. Booker has great hands and is a great posession WR, he just doesnt have the speed.

Booker can run the 8-10 yard underneaths from the #2 WR position. At the slot you gotta take advantage of mismatches that a speedy slot WR can create and capitalize on them. Thats why signing Boston and having him healthy for me is HUGE. It opens up a whole new 1000 pages in the playbook because we can have an effective WR as #1, #2, and #3 with Thompson coming in for 4 WR sets and Randy as a TE.

Any production we get out of Boston will be gravy.

I'm not expecting a thing this time around. He's going to need to lose 10-15 pounds if he wants any chance of staying healthy.

Otherwise he'll be in and out of the lineup all season, or he'll be back on IR.

what makes you think he will be even close to what he was before after injuries and lack of steroids?

Philter25 said:
:smackhead:

If anything, Booker is the last WR I would want in the slot. In 3 WR sets, I would move Chambers to the slot or else Boston to the slot. Booker has great hands and is a great posession WR, he just doesnt have the speed.

Booker can run the 8-10 yard underneaths from the #2 WR position. At the slot you gotta take advantage of mismatches that a speedy slot WR can create and capitalize on them. Thats why signing Boston and having him healthy for me is HUGE. It opens up a whole new 1000 pages in the playbook because we can have an effective WR as #1, #2, and #3 with Thompson coming in for 4 WR sets and Randy as a TE.
I have to agree...I was at training camp last year and whne Boston got the ball on the run on a drag across the middle with some speed...he looked like a bulldozer...lets hope he stays healthy.

I love this signing. Low risk high reward. Saban just continues to show he understands the NFL more than any of us could have hoped for.

It is scary if Boston is healthy just how difficult this offense is going to be to stop for any defense.

Chambers/Booker/McM/Boston and R. Brown is one hell of a skill set for any offense in this NFL. Now throw in Linehan as the OC this potentially could be a very strong offense within a 2-years.

And if Wicky comes back and can give half of what he once was then this offense could reach its potential even before the 2-year period.

These are exciting times for Dolphin fans!

Philter25 said:
Personally, I would LOVE, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see Chambers operate out of the Slot. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Chambers in the Slot.

Booker is your posession #2 WR, I can handle Boston outside opposite of him, Chambers in the slot would dominate any secondary in the NFL.

We just need Boston to stay healthy. If he stays healthy, we COULD.... COULD... have the best WR corps in the NFL. Without him we are mediocre with Thompson in the #3 spot.

Until Boston can prove his speed has returned, I think the #1 CB will "shadow" Chambers wherever he goes. Considering Booker is not a speed demon, Boston will have to show his old self to keep the #1 CB on the outside. Remember what Denver did to Gonzalez with Champ Bailey?

You're right, in a perfect situation, Chambers would eat up secondaries from the slot. Let's just hope Boston was as dedicated to rehab as much as he was working out before the injury.

Either way, I'll take a 85% Boston over a 100% Thompson ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

This season is quietly shaping up.

patsdynasty said:
:roflmao: yeah u will beat us jan 1st in foxboro lmao

keep dreaming kid

like ive said before, pats win at home, phins win at home, another split....

You know I've been posting on MBoards since around 1995. And have spent quite a bit of time around Pat fans. I can honestly say next to Colt fans you guys are generally some of the nicest more open minded posters that there is to find on any football MBoard.

I wish you would act more like your Pat peers rather than acting like you currently are. It is so much nicer when a team that has dominated for the past 3 out of 4-years act like they don't need to defend their team. After all the Pats have totally dominated the NFL.

Why not act like you know that your team is the BEST right now?

ch19079 said:
what makes you think he will be even close to what he was before after injuries and lack of steroids?
Saban wouldnt have signed him. Theres these things that players take, what are they called again, oh yeah thats right, PHYSICALS. Im sure we are giving Boston the full cavity search BEFORE we sign him to make sure he is healthy. Its a very low risk and a ver high reward signing. If we sign him to a 1 year deal, the guy has 1 year to prove himself to the NFL. If he gets hurt again, then his career is over. Players want to get PAAAAAAAAAAAAID, Boston will show up and play if he is healthy.

What makes you think Losman can be your starting QB? :lol:

patsdynasty said:
hakim is a very good wr

alot bettter than boston is or will be

Hakim's best season with a very potent St louis O in 2000 53 rec 734 yrds 4tds
Bosten with noone else to take pressue off of him in AZ!!!!!!!!!!!! in 2001 (more recently than hakims) 98 catches 1598 yards 8 td's double in almost all categories on a worse O an done more recently. Where is your arguement?

NathanHunt said:
Until Boston can prove his speed has returned, I think the #1 CB will "shadow" Chambers wherever he goes. Considering Booker is not a speed demon, Boston will have to show his old self to keep the #1 CB on the outside. Remember what Denver did to Gonzalez with Champ Bailey?

You're right, in a perfect situation, Chambers would eat up secondaries from the slot. Let's just hope Boston was as dedicated to rehab as much as he was working out before the injury.

Either way, I'll take a 85% Boston over a 100% Thompson ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

This season is quietly shaping up.
I totally agree, it all depends on how healthy Boston is. If he is healthy, then either Boston or Chambers in the slot is going to cause problems.

I have faith in Boston. Last year when we signed him he was dedicated. He lost the weight we wanted him to and he looked incredible before his injury. Im trusting that since we are giving him a 1-year deal, its pretty much a "prove yourself" deal. Players want to get paid. Boston knows this is probably his last chance in the NFL. If he doesnt show up like a stud WR and rehab is butt off, he wont get paid for years to come.

If Boston is healthy and weighs around 230lbs I expect him to be our #2 wideout!

With Chambers, Brown, Boston, McMichael, Booker, Gordon, K.J., Thompson and an improved OL Feeley wont have any excuses this year!

Back
Top Bottom