BREAKING NEWS: Boston Coming Back! | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Boston Coming Back!

dolfanmark said:
Sorry. Guys like Boston are more trouble than they are worth. In the 1 year that we had Boston on the team, he managed to get injured, get suspended for violating the league's banned substance policy, and get arrested for assault.

Boston has long been suspected of steroid use, ever since he put on 35 pounds of muscle after his college career. He defended himself against these accusations by talking about how strict he was about what he would put into hsi body. Then, he got arrested for driving under the influence of cocaine and marijuana, and had 2 bags of cocaine in the backseat. Does that sound like a guy who cares about what he puts into his body? And this is a guy who got traded by San Diego because of repeated run-ins with his coach. And he's torn the patella tendon in each knee in 2 of the last 3 years.

As a Dolphins' fan, how can you count on this guy to do anything for the team?

Again. Had we signed him to a 7 year $50 million contract, I think most people would agree with you. But we will likely offer him a one year deal at close to the minimum. If he fails, what did we lose?

Considering the alternatives excellent signing for an excellent cap number. Boston knows this will probably be his last shot in the league. He adds depth to our already deep recieving corps. If chambers, booker, thompson, get hurt we can survive. Realistically two of the four top recievers will fire. I see boston in the slot muscling a smaller cb for 6 yds to keep drives alive. This offense should be damn good. Feeley has a good enough arm to hit these friggin guys. How can you not be excited? Boston has more upside than any reciever available right now. He has even more upside than rod gardner who will be cut after the first. Though im not surprised im thrilled with this signing. Get Traylor and wait for a safety or center cut after the first and we will have a chance for a playoff spot.. NICK YOU ARE A GOD!!!! You are playing this perfectly.

Last offseason, I was very excited by what I saw of Boston on the field. He was awesome on the practice field. He was doing and saying the right things to comeback.

I am glad we gave him another chance but for this reason only: We paid him around $3 mil last season to rehab his knee...I want to see him on the field during the season. If we get one decent season from him, I'd feel a lot better about it.

I don't think that anyone can argue with his "potential". He's proven that. The question is can he stay healthy and can he avoid the 'roid issues.

So, I am cautiously optimistic about his return. I am not a very patient person, so this is difficult for me to wait and see on...same thing with Ricky...it's extremely difficult to wait and see how these guys turn out...But for the sake of the Fins, I'd love to see them pan out, for at least one season...then they can both move on...

Jnaledu3 said:
Well it doesnt hurt to add more players to the practice squad.

..I remember some "genius" predicting we would NOT resign Boston....who was that smart guy???:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

same thing with Ricky...it's extremely difficult to wait and see how these guys turn out...But for the sake of the Fins, I'd love to see them pan out, for at least one season...then they can both move on...[/QUOTE]

...Please dont put those 2 in the same sententce!!!! One guy QUIT on his team when they needed him the most....the other got injured, I will never look at RW the same....he sent our team into a downward spiral last season......

Muck said:
This is going to be a very low-risk contract for the Phins. I'll bet it's for or close to the veteran minimum.

Chambers | Booker | Boston | Thompson | Gilmore | Welker

Ain't looking too bad from where I'm standing. And with McMichael and Ronnie Brown out of the backfield, A.J. must be salivating right about now. Believe it or not, I'm also expecting good things from Thompson in this offense.

Not too mention, FINALLY, we have QUALITY DEPTH at all offensive skill positions!

And, if Dope Dude comes back, we would have incredible depth at RB.

If Saban and Linehan can utilize the totality of offensive skill on our roster correctly, I see us dictating offensively to nearly every team on our schedule.

Now that the media hype is loosening, I can see "pieces" aligning perfectly along both sides of the ball. If we shore up the Secondary and add one more insurance policy in the defensive middle (K. Traylor?), I really so no limitations to what this team can do.... in year ONE.

With this many weapons, any QB will not have to worry about being "the man". He just simply needs to play to his ability and get everyone the ball.

And yes, I'm a supporter of Reefer Williams coming back. In the right roles and situations, he could become a very vital contributor to this team, again. However, I think the undeniable future and #1 RB is Ronnie Brown. I'm sure Saban will make that very clear to Reefer.

Don't get me wrong guys, Reefer could give us extreme value and unbelievable strength at RB WHEN he returns to GAME SHAPE.

PHINZ Rule!

Breaking news: Boston Coming Back!

Breaking and Boston in the same sentence. Not good. :lol:

A separate question (now legit):

Given Booker is #2 in nearly everyone's mind, what ACTUAL roster spots do Boston, Chambers and Booker best fit in?

WR1 - Chambers
WR2 - Booker
WR3 - Boston

I was trying to determine (from Minnesota) if WR2 or WR3 is the "possession" WR. Wouldn't Booker be the "possession" guy?

Great sign if it happens. I hope he is our #3 WR and stays healthy all year. With him and Chester playing, now im excited.

NathanHunt said:

Given Booker is #2 in nearly everyone's mind, what ACTUAL roster spots do Boston, Chambers and Booker best fit in?

WR1 - Chambers
WR2 - Booker
WR3 - Boston

I was trying to determine (from Minnesota) if WR2 or WR3 is the "possession" WR. Wouldn't Booker be the "possession" guy?

Yeah that--at least at the start of the season anyhows

NathanHunt said:

WR1 - Chambers
WR2 - Booker
WR3 - Boston

Personally, I would LOVE, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see Chambers operate out of the Slot. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Chambers in the Slot.

Booker is your posession #2 WR, I can handle Boston outside opposite of him, Chambers in the slot would dominate any secondary in the NFL.

We just need Boston to stay healthy. If he stays healthy, we COULD.... COULD... have the best WR corps in the NFL. Without him we are mediocre with Thompson in the #3 spot.

Philter25 said:
Personally, I would LOVE, LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to see Chambers operate out of the Slot. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Chambers in the Slot.

Booker is your posession #2 WR, I can handle Boston outside opposite of him, Chambers in the slot would dominate any secondary in the NFL.

We just need Boston to stay healthy. If he stays healthy, we COULD.... COULD... have the best WR corps in the NFL. Without him we are mediocre with Thompson in the #3 spot.
:yes: I was thinking the same thing. Chambers and Booker would get the majority of the playing time, but whenever we use 3 WR slots, I would love to see Chambers at the slot. :cool:

NathanHunt said:

WR1 - Chambers
WR2 - Booker
WR3 - Boston

I think Booker is good for the slot, or at least running those underneath 8-10 yard routes over the middle of the field. He made a living of that in John Shoops system in Chicago. Hes not a speedy slot receiver, but he can be very effective over there because hes got great hands and runs good routes.

dolfanmark said:
Do you have the results of the NFL test that reveals exactly what it is he tested positive for?

There are many threads on it for last year, just search back.

Back
Top Bottom