BREAKING NEWS: Dolphins have offered their 1st round to Wash for RAMSEY. (merged) | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Dolphins have offered their 1st round to Wash for RAMSEY. (merged)

Originally posted by zachseau13

Read back in the thread, I did post before now. I did not want to turn this into a personal attack.

My issue was with the style of the thread, Mandich presented it as an interesting rumor, this thread presented the offer of the first round pick as a fact.

This was a distortion of what Mandich said and has been proven incorrect.
Okay....I looked through the first three or four pages but after that I skipped along until I got to the end....must have missed it....:D

BTW, I agree with you....the first post did make it seem like a fact....

The article says that the WASHINGTON POST REPORTED IT!!!!

THE WASHINGTON POST REPORTED IT AS FACT!

Originally posted by Section126

Actually, you continue to be wrong. Here is the relevant quote from the Washington Post

"According to a league source last night, the Miami Dolphins have offered their first-round pick (No. 20 overall) for the quarterback."

This is not presented as a fact but a rumor attributed to an un-named "league source".

If you can not see the difference between the way that the Sun-Sentinel & the Washington Post presented this story and the way that you presented it, then I can not help you.

:)

The Dolphins have switched their interest from Brunell to Ramsey, according to an NFL source, and have offered Washington their first-round pick (No. 20 overall).

That is the exact quote from the Washington Post article.

Is that enough now?

Originally posted by chambers84

Not really. Yao is a foot taller than Lebron, Lebron is black, Yao is Oriental, Yao plays center, Lebron doesn't etc.......

oriental is a kind of rug.

i believe you mean Asian.

This story certainly has legs. I've tried to refute it several times in different threads.

I noted a very reliable source from Channel 4 TV in DC. George Michael reported that the Ramsey trade story was 100% false.

The problem is that Nerd boy (john clayton) from ESPN keeps repeating the story as if it is fact. For 3 evenings in a row...George Michael has ended his sports report by saying that....RAMSEY WILL NOT BE TRADED.

Although the story has always been a false one...I think it had a good effect causing Washington to have to reasure Ramsey and possibly look at other options other than Brunell.

peace.

"according to an un-named source" is not a "fact" in any stretch of the definition.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Actually, you continue to be wrong. Here is the relevant quote from the Washington Post

"According to a league source last night, the Miami Dolphins have offered their first-round pick (No. 20 overall) for the quarterback."

This is not presented as a fact but a rumor attributed to an un-named "league source".

If you can not see the difference between the way that the Sun-Sentinel & the Washington Post presented this story and the way that you presented it, then I can not help you.

:)

Dude!!!! Everything now would have to come from a league "unnamed source!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Spielman came out and said that he offered his pick for Ramsey.....He would be moron!!!

Have you ever heard a GM ever confirm that they offered their pick....especially before Trading starts? (March 3rd)

If you don't understand that, then I can't help you. :)

Originally posted by inFINSible
"according to an un-named source" is not a "fact" in any stretch of the definition.

The source was most likely Ramsey's Agent... jimmy sexton.

Sexton immediately requested a meeting with Daniel Snyder when the false rumors of Washington offering a "SECOND ROUND" pick for Brunell.

uummmm.....Getting a little carried away here about fact or fiction aren't we?

Dude heard something and relayed the message.

Take it all with a grain of salt. I like rumors.......

Except the viscious ones that Muck implicates me and a man crush. I got no man crush....

clear.gif

I don't know what gave him that idea. :huh:

Mandich said and I quote EXACTLY: "I've been asking around, and I hear that the Dolphins have offered their 1st round pick for Patrick Ramsey, I like it."

That is almost verbatum.

I read somewhere where Rick Spielman was asked about the Ramsey for a 1st round pick issue and he did not deny it, he had no comment...

I can't remember the link/article, has anyone read that somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom