BREAKING NEWS: Dolphins have offered their 1st round to Wash for RAMSEY. (merged) | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Dolphins have offered their 1st round to Wash for RAMSEY. (merged)

Well I would think the MAIN difference would be Fiedler's 11/13 TD/INT ratio compared to Ramsey's 14/9 TD/INT ratio.

I mean dude, Ramsey is obviously way more careful with the football than Fiedler.

I sort of let Fiedler slide on a couple of the picks personally. I mean geez....Bouncing off of your receiver's shoulder? :shakeno:

I'm a present Fiedler basher :D but I do excuse him for a couple of things. :lol:

Thompson

Just a quick tidbit to throw in.

I guess it is not a bad thing to have the recently re-committed to Derrius Thompson to have Ramsey to throw to. There is probably some residual familiarity there.

And didn't Norv have Ramsey when he was there?

I'm not putting down Ramsey but he has not proved me that much he is not a good leader and gets rattled easy after a sack. I believe he is decent but not good enough for our 20th this just my opinion so don't get mad. But if we did get Ramsey it would be better than Redskins getting Brunell because Ramsey is younger.

Originally posted by Noland
I'm not putting down Ramsey but he has not proved me that much he is not a good leader and gets rattled easy after a sack. I believe he is decent but not good enough for our 20th this just my opinion so don't get mad. But if we did get Ramsey it would be better than Redskins getting Brunell because Ramsey is younger.

No way Ramsey is worth the 20th round pick. And I'm still in Derrius Thompson shock, so another Redskin player doesn't sound too good.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I must admit Patrick Ramsey is better than Fiedler, I still dont think he is worth our first rd pick! I hope the FO isnt serious about this!!!

I feel I don't know but I think we got just as good as chance to be successful with Rivers or Henson than we do with Ramsey. If we can't get Brunell I would go elsewhere or I would keep JF or BG to me Ramsey aint worth the chance.

If we offered a trade for Ramsey I guess they answered my quetion if they are still interested in Rivers since Marino has been gone I guess the answer is.........NO.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
not to mention FO is playing this perfectly
they make a pitch for ramsey, get gibbs to tell him one story
he told brunell another
now the whole thing could blow up in their faces
good play by spielman either way

exactly.....as I said.....keep stirring the pot Rick....!

I really do not know much about Ramsey's play, but I for one would definetely not doubt Spielmans attempt at Ramsey cause he also went for Matt Hasselbeck..

There is no doubting Ramsey's play period. When he had even limited time, he made plays. Even for those who doubt his potential or ability, there isn't anyone who can doubt his arm or accuracy.

There is a reason Redskins fans were not only shocked this week, but upset, Ramsey has all the tools you would pray for in a first round draft pick.

That in itself, is why Gibbs is so reluctant to depart with Ramsey. If Gibbs is simply trying to drive up Ramsey's price, by posturing, he's doing a damn good job of it. Cause by all accounts, Ramsey is still there QB of the future.

Only good thing for us is that Ramsey wants to PLAY NOW. If he threatens a hold out, he's as good as gone. Gibbs won't take that kind of insobordination, but hey, who can blame Ramsey. Fans, Media, and Players all love him, you can add me to that list.

Originally posted by ZOD

Sorry about the cut and paste and nothing against you here but you had the stats in your post.

The difference?

One is a two year starter and age is on his side.
The other is a fifth year starter, old, and has run out of his welcome.

Every comment I ever heard about Spurrier's pass protection suggested that a scheme was non-existent. Fiedler had a tight end holding in to protect, slides, roll outs, and every other PROFESSIONAL protection scheme you can think of thanks to Norv Turner.

The difference is HUGE!

Not a problem. I'm familiar with Ramsey but didn't watch the skins constantly so the stats were just a quickie job to help compare the 2 QBs. In regards to our blocking schemes, they sure weren't executed very well....missed blitz pickups, missed chipshots on DEs, etc. and in regards to another post concerning the 'focus' of the defense vs. our offense....keying in on Ramsey or keying in on Ricky....either way, our O faced an 8 man stacked box more often then not with 1 corner man on man with Thompson (then Newson, then Tolver a few plays) as none of #2's could shake single coverage.....that left the other corder and free safetey doubling up on CC more often then not.....with our TE's helping the Oline block.....who exactly was Jay supposed to throw to? Yes, the opposing Defenses were keyed in on different areas.....a QB vs. a RB....but the end result is the same......the running game is diminished (in our case, skins probably don't know how to spell 'run') while the passing game is also diminished (skins....we don't have a strong one anyways).

Like I said in other posts....I think they are both similiar to alot of degrees....and at the same time I think Ramsey is young enough and has alot more potential to become something then Jay does.....IMO....is he worth the #20 pick? Unless someone else can guarantee me Rivers would be there......yes, if we let Ogun go for the other 1st & 3rd. So all the nonsens 'crapshoot' crap aside....Spielmen is doing one of two things.....1) trying to really get Ramsey or 2) trying to screw up the Brunell deal so he lands back in Miami. It's that simple. Which one he's up to we may never know.

I don't know what to think about this....:confused:

I personally Like Ramsey a little, but 20th overall?? Seems a bit much, all I can say is we better get good picks for O-Gun.

I realize Ramsey played behind a horrible line, but he had, like a 52% completion rate or somethin (To lazy to look it up now). Lets not make excuses, esspecially with that above average recieving corps he had.

I would like to remind everyone, when considering Ramseys stats from last year, that HE PLAYED THE ENTIRE SEASON WITH A BROKEN FOOT.

Back
Top Bottom