Breaking News: Tim Dobbins signs two-year extension with Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking News: Tim Dobbins signs two-year extension with Dolphins

I'm getting the feeling Mr Crowder may be starting to hear footsteps for his job more and more these days. Channing better look great in camp, or he may find himself getting less time on the field then Dobbins & Edds.

breaking news...

moving van parked outside of channing crowders crib

as soon as possible...

Maybe but of course We extended Cobbs the other year and it had no bearing on the starter. I think if he got decent money in the extension it would speak to him possibly starting more. Who knows I still dont see him beating out Crowder unless he is injured. Good depth though.

Good to see the my comments in my column were not far fetched. Seems like Dobbins is in the Fins long term plans. I wonder if Miami will try lucking up Ronnie next.

Seems like the FO thinks Dobbins is what Akin should have been.

Maybe but of course We extended Cobbs the other year and it had no bearing on the starter. I think if he got decent money in the extension it would speak to him possibly starting more. Who knows I still dont see him beating out Crowder unless he is injured. Good depth though.

Just so happens Crowder is injured.

No offense Fin but us resigning him to an extension does not make your column point any more valid. You could very well be right but this does not show that Crowder is on the outs.

The Trifecta must like him believing he will preform well in the aqua & orange.
And his ability to contribute on special teams adds another factor to his value.

No offense Fin but us resigning him to an extension does not make your column point any more valid. You could very well be right but this does not show that Crowder is on the outs.
I respect your posts, and I'm in no way trying to say your wrong, but what does it usually mean for player "A" when player "B" comes in at the same position, after being traded to the team, and gets an extension? To me, thats a way of telling Crowder he better make the pro bowl this year, or he will be playing for Rex next year.

He is recovering from an injury but at last OTA did participate with the first team. His recovery has been going very well and he should be ready for training camp. Personally I think its smart to sign Dobbins to an extension. He is very good on special teams and is good insurance if Crowder has a setback or gets injured again. He has had some medical history. I think if healthy Crowder will be in no danger of losing his job but injuries do happen and get reaggrivated.

r

I know, but it oes not bold well for Crowder who is the second highest paid player at the position and currently injured. Crowder better show up, cause he has three hungry werewolves behind him in Dobbins, Edds & Spitler. Like Sparano would say, it is good situation to have.

I think in this case it comes down to Crowder is coming off a pretty bad injury and they want to be prepared in case he doesnt recover or has a setback. You would have to look at how much the extension is to make that point. We cant even say what value Dobbins was in the trade or not since there were draft picks involved. If we had traded a second round pick just for Dobbins or something like that then you could look at that as a point.

Back
Top Bottom