Breaking News: Tim Dobbins signs two-year extension with Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking News: Tim Dobbins signs two-year extension with Dolphins

Finally some news worth talking about ...

I hope we can trade Crowder and get something...Offers could start pouring in

Tim Dobbins wasn't an afterthought in the draftday trade that allowed the San Diego Chargers to pick Fresno State running back Ryan Mathews and sent Dobbins to the Miami Dolphins.

The Dolphins have signed Dobbins to a two-year contract extension, according to his agent, David Canter.

At the time of the trade, the Dolphins praised Dobbins.

"We traded down with San Diego, picked up a player in the trade, a guy named Tim Dobbins, an inside linebacker," Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said. "He was a restricted free agent this year. We liked him in the restricted process, they put him in the trade. He was a player that we liked very much in the restricted free agency process like I said, that was a need for us that could help us in the back end of our roster at the inside linebacker position."

Dobbins signed his $1.176 million restricted free agent tender prior to leaving the Chargers.

Dobbins played in 14 games with two starts last season.

He finished last season with 57 tackles, one sack, four tackles for loss, an interception and a forced fumble. Dobbins also had four tackles and recovered a fumble on special teams.

"He’s a core special teams player, he’s had some starts at inside linebacker at both what we call the ‘Mike’ and ‘Moe,'" Ireland said. "Both inside linebacker positions. He’s coming from a familiar defense, a scheme in a 3-4 out at San Diego so we felt real good about getting him and that’s where we’re at right now. I feel great about getting Dobbins as well as part of this package."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Dolphins-sign-Dobbins-to-twoyear-extension.html

Everywhere you turn, you just keep hearing good things about Dobbins.

Was hoping my Browns could get him: he's similar to David Bowens (but a pure ILB) RT @brian_mcintyre: MIA Signs Tim Dobbins to 2yr Extension

Plus, Dobbins has had some of his best games against AFC North competition. He killed the Bengals last year.

http://twitter.com/AaronAloysius

Well Spittier probably wont even make the team and in reality is not that good so he would definately be the least of his worries. His number one worry should be recovering from his injury because if healthy is is the most talented of the three in my opinion. Now once he is healthy maybe Edds or Dobbins make him worry but the team seems committed to him as their other starter from all indications. Now if he has a year like last year Mr Dobbins could find himself the starter, much like when Willhelm had problems. Personally I would not want Dobbins as a long term starter and think his tenure as a starter would be pretty short.

Much like Brown his value is not high coming off of injury. Plus he has two years left on contract. Definately hope we dont trade him because an ideal ILB duo of him and Dansby would be replaced by lesser players in my opinion.

Spitler is a personal favorite of the Big Tuna. He impressed in OTAs and those in the know say he will be a good player.

Everyone knows I hate Crowder, but this extension doesn't really mean squat. He was probably signed for backup money. Nothing to see here really. I wish it did mean Crowder was on the way out, but I doubt it.

Dolphins award Tim Dobbins an extension

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 17, 2010 5:02 PM ET
See, some players can still get paid this offseason.

The Dolphins agreed to a two-year contract extension with linebacker Tim Dobbins, according to his agent David Canter. Dobbins was acquired in the trade Miami made with San Diego down in the first round.

The new deal indicates he was hardly a throw in to the deal. The inside linebacker could wind up taking the starting job of Florio's buddy Channing Crowder.
Looks like we arent the only ones who think Crowders days are numbered.

Well they raved about Ted Ginn and Patrick Turner last year and many others that are not with the team anymore. All coaches do this. Lets not forget they make mistakes too after all they signed Gibril Wilson to a huge contract and he was dreadful. Its a game of hit and miss and at this point all we really hear is praise

The Dolphins agreed to a two-year contract extension with linebacker Tim Dobbins, according to his agent David Canter. Dobbins was acquired in the trade Miami made with San Diego down in the first round.

The new deal indicates he was hardly a throw in to the deal. The inside linebacker could wind up taking the starting job of Florio's buddy Channing Crowder.

www.profootballtalk.com

Well they raved about Ted Ginn and Patrick Turner last year and many others that are not with the team anymore. All coaches do this. Lets not forget they make mistakes too after all they signed Gibril Wilson to a huge contract and he was dreadful. Its a game of hit and miss and at this point all we really hear is praise

I remember Sparano downgrading the hype the media had on Turner in OTAs, as for Ginn it was the political thing to say. If you read camp reports last year, the Fins were extremely frustrated with their WR position.

I see alot of coachspeak from all over this team. Once the pads are on I will buy into it alot more although still with a grain of salt. I just hope we dont go putting players on the field that did not earn it like we did with Pat white last year. It was like yea we are gonna prove we were right

Back
Top Bottom