Breaking News: Tim Dobbins signs two-year extension with Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking News: Tim Dobbins signs two-year extension with Dolphins

funny that Channing only has 2 years remaining on his current contract.. This will turn into a battle for the next two seasons (if Channing makes it that long

I figured they would get something done with Dobbins, I certainly didn't expect it this soon.
Dobbins signed his tender with San Diego before the trade to Miami. Dobbins was locked up for this year for a little over a million for this year. It is good that Miami signed him now, because if he had a great year it would have cost us even more. Great move by the front office.

dude does anyone have any game tape of this guy. all ive been hearing is good things about him, and i dont think ive really ever watched him play.

i'm not sure two additional years counts as long-term plans. it's not like he signed a 5-year extension.

It shows Miami likes him and are committed to him. The Fins have not been shy of letting go of players who are overpaid and injury prone. It would not surprise me to not see Crowder in a Miami uniform this year and I think it can happen if they like what they see in training camp from Dobbins and Edds in the coming weeks.

It shows Miami likes him and are committed to him. The Fins have not been shy of letting go of players who are overpaid and injury prone. It would not surprise me to not see Crowder in a Miami uniform this year and I think it can happen if they like what they see in training camp from Dobbins and Edds in the coming weeks.

Seriously?

It would not surprise me to not see Crowder in a Miami uniform this year and I think it can happen if they like what they see in training camp from Dobbins and Edds in the coming weeks

So your telling me that the Dolphins are going to cut the man that was responsible for all the defensive calls last year, aligning the front 7, making the audibles, changes, and leading their rush defense to a top 5-7 rush defense when he was in? They are going to cut him because of one down year after posting (what should be) three straight 100+ tackling seasons? And thats with the likes of Akini Ayodele as his partner Moe linebacker last year?

If Crowder sucks this year with Dansby as his Moe, then yes, it will be wise to re-consider his place on the team. But to prematurely say that after one down season, I dont even know what to say.

And 1.5 million is overpaid?

Seriously?

It would not surprise me to not see Crowder in a Miami uniform this year and I think it can happen if they like what they see in training camp from Dobbins and Edds in the coming weeks

So your telling me that the Dolphins are going to cut the man that was responsible for all the defensive calls last year, aligning the front 7, making the audibles, changes, and leading their rush defense to a top 5-7 rush defense when he was in? They are going to cut him because of one down year after posting (what should be) three straight 100+ tackling seasons? And thats with the likes of Akini Ayodele as his partner Moe linebacker last year?

If Crowder sucks this year with Dansby as his Moe, then yes, it will be wise to re-consider his place on the team. But to prematurely say that after one down season, I dont even know what to say.

And 1.5 million is overpaid?

1. It is not the same defense

2. I never said he would be cut

3. Fins obviously feel good about Dobbins when they gave him an extension and traded up in the fourth for Edds who is expected to start over Crowder on passing downs.

Even if Crowder remains with the Dolphins this year his future is questionable in Miami.

1. It is not the same defense

2. I never said he would be cut

3. Fins obviously feel good about Dobbins when they gave him an extension and traded up in the fourth for Edds who is expected to start over Crowder on passing downs.

Even if Crowder remains with the Dolphins this year his future is questionable in Miami.

You are correct, its not the same bullshit read and react defense Coach P installed. So for everyone who is crying about Crowder not blitzing the holes consistently, learn what a read and react defense is. They are installing a more aggressive scheme with Nolan with MUCH better surrounding players to Crowder. Yeah, your right, he doesnt have the 3 slowest, unathletic linebacking corps in the league surrounding him anymore.

Last time I checked they like getting players in speciality positions. Does Pat White getting drafted mean Henne's job is in jeopardy? Edds is a speciality player. White is a speciality player. Sheets is a speciality player. Edds excels in pass coverage. Why wouldn't we draft him? Dansby is a rare exception. He is exceptional in dropping in coverage and using those long arms for passing lanes and deflections.

A two-year extension does not mean he's in their "long term plans" It means they will wait and see with him before locking him into an actual long term deal.

You are correct, its not the same bullshit read and react defense Coach P installed. So for everyone who is crying about Crowder not blitzing the holes consistently, learn what a read and react defense is. They are installing a more aggressive scheme with Nolan with MUCH better surrounding players to Crowder. Yeah, your right, he doesnt have the 3 slowest, unathletic linebacking corps in the league surrounding him anymore.

Last time I checked they like getting players in speciality positions. Does Pat White getting drafted mean Henne's job is in jeopardy? Edds is a speciality player. White is a speciality player. Sheets is a speciality player. Edds excels in pass coverage. Why wouldn't we draft him? Dansby is a rare exception. He is exceptional in dropping in coverage and using those long arms for passing lanes and deflections.

A two-year extension does not mean he's in their "long term plans" It means they will wait and see with him before locking him into an actual long term deal.

I think Edds will be a lot more than specialty player for Miami, kid has the goods. As for Crowder there is no guarantee he is gone, just my opinion. The one thing that is certain is that unlike in the past he no longer is Miami's best ILB and there are two young linebackers behind him that can take his job at anytime.

Back
Top Bottom