Breaking News: Tim Dobbins signs two-year extension with Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking News: Tim Dobbins signs two-year extension with Dolphins

Did anybody consider the notion that Crowder may be moving back to outside linebacker?

He gets paid too much to sit on the bench. If he doesn't cut it inside, I believe he can fill a hole at one of the outside linebacker spots (Crowder/Wake-Misi)

That's more wishful thinking, in my opinion...but I think it's possible.

I think this is a good bet on Miami's part. You know that you're at least getting good depth from Dobbins. And, if he does have a breakout season, you're getting him for a fraction of the price he would demand. I see Crowder starting Week 1, but I wouldn't put too much emphasis on him being a back up in SD. All over the league, you have back ups who are better than their starting counterparts. Wake was our best pass rusher last season - by a country mile - and he had a very difficult time getting on the field. If I had a low opinion of Crowder - like many here - I, too, would see Dobbins easily taking his spot. But, I think Crowder can be a very good ILB. When Saban was here, Crowder made plays. With Nolan's aggressive system, I expect to see Crowder having his best year to date. But, if he doesn't, Dobbins will be on his heals.

I think in a 3-4 he would not be a good outside linebacker but outside is looking sad with Anderson competing for a starting spot

guy's it's only a 2 year deal.. that does'nt say bye bye crowder to me

BP and the boys love linbackers and he fits their mold. Our special teams will be benefit greatly with all this depth at LB.

As in everything people can spin it how they want. Remember when we drafted Henne there were alot of theories.

The question now is how much did he get payed? Did they pay him possible starter type money or as a backup/ST's type money?

even that can be misleading but u have a point. Torbor definately was signed to starter money and yet while Wake gets backup money and may start

No, Crowder is not moving outside, not possible in Nolan's defence. No, Crowder did not make any big plays under Saban's regime, what games did you watch year's ago? And no, Crowder only has 2 years remaining on his contract, so in no way is he necessarily long term.

i'm not saying this extension spells crowder being let go or traded (good luck with getting any value in trade for him) but i do think it tells crowder that this year you better put up or shut up...

i think he's let go this next offseason...and i'm happy to move on from the crowder error

I think in a 3-4 he would not be a good outside linebacker but outside is looking sad with Anderson competing for a starting spot

you sure didn't sound that way last year when i was trying to tell you anderson can't sniff cam wake as a outside pass rusher...

glad you've come around...

Back
Top Bottom