Breakout Player for this Training Camp and Pre Season, who you Got? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breakout Player for this Training Camp and Pre Season, who you Got?

I agree, Doaks is going to shock a lot of people in camp.

It's going to be tough for the coaching staff to keep a 7th rounder that needs to prove himself, from seeing a good amount of action as early as week 1.
I hope Doaks is good enough to replace one of the RB’s on the roster but the fact he lost his starting job in college leaves me with the impression he is going to have a difficult time making the final 53. I see him more as a PS type player who is going to have a tough time getting any carries in the NFL.

Since the OP didn’t state the breakout player was limited to the rookie class, I predict Tua will be the player who will have the biggest breakout season in 2021.
I usually don't make this kind of prediction, but I think you may be right.

He has his body right. I believe he has mental focus. He has been surrounded with weapons (at least some of them will be healthy?).

Now, as you said before, a lot will depend on having an O-line that is at least above competent.

I hope Doaks is good enough to replace one of the RB’s on the roster but the fact he lost his starting job in college leaves me with the impression he is going to have a difficult time making the final 53. I see him more as a PS type player who is going to have a tough time getting any carries in the NFL.
Didn't he start every time he was healthy (even as a Freshman)?

Tom Brady could not ever shine enough to become the starter in Michigan...Priest Holmes ended up being 3rd String in Texas...

Doaks started plenty of games, and proved himself when he was healthy.

Is it possible that Doaks does not succeed in the NFL, sure, but the talent and tools are there if a team uses him right, I like his chances in Miami.

Tom Brady could not ever shine enough to become the starter in Michigan...Priest Holmes ended up being 3rd String in Texas...

Doaks started plenty of games, and proved himself when he was healthy.

Is it possible that Doaks does not succeed in the NFL, sure, but the talent and tools are there if a team uses him right, I like his chances in Miami.
Brady's situation at MI was more political than talent. The boosters (who hold immense power there) were adament that Drew Hensen, a home town kid, be handed the job.

That being said, had Brady been drafted by almost any other franchise, he likely doesn't see the end of his rookie contract.

Didn't he start every time he was healthy (even as a Freshman)?
In 2019 he played behind Michael Warren who left after his junior year to enter the draft. Warren wasn’t drafted and he has been unable to stick with 3 teams so far. He is now on his fourth team in the NFL in less than 2 years. Doaks also had less carries than the 2nd team running back for the Bearcats in 2019.

I hope Doaks is as good as some on here believe he will be. I just don’t know if he is better than the top three RB’s on the roster. Perhaps he will beat out Laird for the 4th RB on the roster but I will be surprised if he is on the final 53 roster unless they have injuries to the RB’s in front of him on the depth chart.

I root for every player on the Dolphins roster. So I am certainly not rooting against Doaks making a big impact for the Dolphins. Yet I will admit I will be totally surprised if he makes the final roster this season.

In 2019 he played behind Michael Warren who left after his junior year to enter the draft. Warren wasn’t drafted and he has been unable to stick with 3 teams so far. He is now on his fourth team in the NFL in less than 2 years. Doaks also had less carries than the 2nd team running back for the Bearcats in 2019.

I hope Doaks is as good as some on here believe he will be. I just don’t know if he is better than the top three RB’s on the roster. Perhaps he will beat out Laird for the 4th RB on the roster but I will be surprised if he is on the final 53 roster unless they have injuries to the RB’s in front of him on the depth chart.

I root for every player on the Dolphins roster. So I am certainly not rooting against Doaks making a big impact for the Dolphins. Yet I will admit I will be totally surprised if he makes the final roster this season.
I've never seen him play, except for a few highlights, but my understanding was that he was always their lead back when he wasn't battling or recovering from injuries.

I've never seen him play, except for a few highlights, but my understanding was that he was always their lead back when he wasn't battling or recovering from injuries.
If you go back and look at the stats of the RB’s while he played for the Bearcats, you will see that he was
a rotational back that had less carries than other RB’s in his first three years. Last year he was their leading rusher but his YPC was less than two other RB’s on the team.

Of course all that doesn’t mean he can’t come in and be a success with the Dolphins. I was merely responding to those who view him as the breakout player for the Dolphins this coming season. I just don’t see it but I am also wrong a lot more than I am right. If you don’t believe me, just ask my wife,

If you go back and look at the stats of the RB’s while he played for the Bearcats, you will see that he was
a rotational back that had less carries than other RB’s in his first three years. Last year he was their leading rusher but his YPC was less than two other RB’s on the team.

Of course all that doesn’t mean he can’t come in and be a success with the Dolphins. I was merely responding to those who view him as the breakout player for the Dolphins this coming season. I just don’t see it but I am also wrong a lot more than I am right. If you don’t believe me, just ask my wife,
i think this summarizes Cinci's thoughts on the kid going into last year.

Michael Dieter. Everyone wrote him off his rookie year because he was a player that was going to take a few years to develop. Now he's in year 3 and I think it's possible he beats out Kindley for that LG spot if given the opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom