Breakout Player for this Training Camp and Pre Season, who you Got? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breakout Player for this Training Camp and Pre Season, who you Got?

Michael Dieter. Everyone wrote him off his rookie year because he was a player that was going to take a few years to develop. Now he's in year 3 and I think it's possible he beats out Kindley for that LG spot if given the opportunity.
i'd be super happy with a real competition between he and Skura at center, and Deiter being right there if Skura isn't all the way back from injury (or the snapping yips).

i think this summarizes Cinci's thoughts on the kid going into last year.

I understand why they drafted him but the fact he was still on the board in the 7th round and the 18th RB drafted tends to infer that he was not a player most teams had on their radar.

He had a decent college career and hopefully he works out for the Dolphins. We will know more about his chances over the next 4 or 5 weeks. Good luck to him.

I understand why they drafted him but the fact he was still on the board in the 7th round and the 18th RB drafted tends to infer that he was not a player most teams had on their radar.

He had a decent college career and hopefully he works out for the Dolphins. We will know more about his chances over the next 4 or 5 weeks. Good luck to him.
no idea.

so many great college players turn out to be nothing in the NFL, and so many less than great college players go on to have stellar NFL careers, so I just keep my eyes and ears open once they get into the NFL :)

Michael Dieter. Everyone wrote him off his rookie year because he was a player that was going to take a few years to develop. Now he's in year 3 and I think it's possible he beats out Kindley for that LG spot if given the opportunity.
The last I heard, he is in the battle to be the starting center. So I doubt he will be playing much LG this season unless they have a lot of injuries on the OL.

This is a make or break year for Deiter IMO. Either he shows he is a player who can become a starter or else I think he will be replaced after the 2021 is over.

Last edited:
Breakout "for this training camp,' which I take to mean ignoring the season. And Thus, I won't be surprised if Waddle, Holland, Phillips, or other obvious names do well. And I see no limit to rooks only. I'll pick 3 - Iggy, Trill, Jackson
Come on man, if said player breaks out in Training Camp and Pre season, almost certainly would be impactful during the Regular season.

Well Gaskin is considered our number one back right now and he was selected in the 7th round. The 25th and last RB taken. So not sure that matters.
I don't think and team had any one of our RBs on thier radar lol

MATT SKURA solves our poor center play.
I think he will be the starter too. I was just responding to Olivadotti and his statement that Dieter could win the LG position. I was under the impression that Deiter is battling for the starting center position but maybe that has changed.

Well Gaskin is considered our number one back right now and he was selected in the 7th round. The 25th and last RB taken. So not sure that matters.
I don't think and team had any one of our RBs on thier radar lol
That is probably why the Dolphins RB’s as a group are rated near the bottom of the league by PFF and other ranking services. Yet I get your point.

On the better teams in the NFL Gaskins would be a 2nd or 3rd string RB at best. As I have stated, I will be surprised if Doaks is one of the top 3 RB’s this coming season but I would have never thought Gaskins would eventually be their #1 running back when they drafted him.

I can't see Doaks as a bell cow... ever-- even with a couple of years of experience.

But I can see him as a better Malcolm Brown. Goal line and short yardage back... power back when we are ahead... pass protector and outlet back on third down... THAT I can see, and we need one of those.

I can't see Doaks as a bell cow... ever-- even with a couple of years of experience.

But I can see him as a better Malcolm Brown. Goal line and short yardage back... power back when we are ahead... pass protector and outlet back on third down... THAT I can see, and we need one of those.
I think that's exactly what Miami will get.

The last I heard, he is in the battle to be the starting center. So I doubt he will be playing much LG this season unless they have a lot of injuries on the OL.

This is a make or break year for Deiter IMO. Either he shows he is a player who can become a starter or else I think he will be replaced after the 2021 is over.
That’s why I said “if given the opportunity “ Kindley sucks and offers zero upside. If Dieter was given a realistic shot at being a starter it would be at LG since Skura has the starting center job all but wrapped up

Back
Top Bottom