Brees: The Best Dolphin That Never Was... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees: The Best Dolphin That Never Was...

Worst Brees Blunder?

• Passing on Brees in 2001 Draft

Votes: 49 39.8%
  • Passing on Brees in 2006 Free Agency

Votes: 55 44.7%
  • Neither, Brees was not a wise choice in either case.

Votes: 19 15.4%

• Total voters

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Which was the bigger mistake in your opinion? Both in hindsight of course, but let us just pretend that we only know the information presented to us during both particular times..

Passing on Brees in the 2001 Draft?

or

Passing on Brees in the 2006 Free Agency?

SkapePhin said:
Which was the bigger mistake in your opinion? Both in hindsight of course, but let us just pretend that we only know the information presented to us during both particular times..

Passing on Brees in the 2001 Draft?

or

Passing on Brees in the 2006 Free Agency?

About 30 teams passed over Brees in the 2001 Draft, so the Fins fans are not the only ones who should be kicking yourselves.

Of course, this is not considering needs in that Draft.

There was no way any QB would've survived under Wanny. Not with his Jay love and the run-run-pass-punt plan. Brees would've been considered a bust like he was with the Chargers early on. He would've had a stunted development under Wanny also. But then again, he would've been better than Jamar Fletcher. I wonder if we had Harrington early on that Saban would've taken the gamble on Brees knowing he had a solid backup plan.

it has to be this past offseason in free agency, we knew what he was capable of doing but we were hesitant because we didnt know if we believed that he would really play...well it looks like we were wrong, however the case is not out for daunte yet, he has only played 4 games as a fin with an injuried knee that was clearly affecting him, but then again on the otherside it doesnt change the fact that we passed up on the best qb of the year

I think every draft magazine I saw back then had the Dolphins taking Brees at their draft slot.. I think it was 24 or something.

I wanted a both choice.

When was the last time we drafted a QB instead of picking up leftovers?

I'm more impressed by their play calling then Breeze's actually play. He's done great but their calls put them in great position to win. They're arent gimmicky either.

Our best redzone play call has been when we Put Ronnie in at FB and Chambers at HB and then we run it in with Ronnie. Works every time....

But we resort to kicking fifty four yard FGs and HB passes to win us games. Man... I wonder what it's like to have someone with half a brain calling ur plays... and then another that plays within himself and doesn't make dumb mistakes.

Here's to next year!!! How many of us are going to have even larger expectations?? I sure will!

its amazing what's this guy is doing in new orleans, just wondering what he could have done here in miami.

It's not fair to question this past offseason. He has a busted THROWING shoulder and demands a HUGE UP FRONT contract. We don't give huge up front money to HEALTHY starters. Saban made a business decision. As of today, ist' regrettable, but I'd support Saban all over again making the same call. If Brees doesn't recover, we are locked into all that wasted money and no QB. DC cost us a pick, little cash so we have cap, and we have yet to find out how good DC will be. So it's also unfair NOT KNOWING how good DC is going to be. DC good play just as well as Brees next year making the question a push.

I Rather Take Sammy M. Over R.brown Any Day Moris Is Much Better Runner Better Speed Better Vision Hits The Holes Faster Then Brown.also Morris Breakaway Longer Runs Then Brown Dont Tell Me R.b. Is Better They Both Play With Same Off. Line Look At The Stats Whos Got Better Run Avr.

Dtronic said:
I wanted a both choice.

1983...and I think that turned out ok.

Dtronic said:

Josh Heupel. Wanny's poor make-up pick for not drafting Brees first.

Back
Top Bottom