Brees: The Best Dolphin That Never Was... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees: The Best Dolphin That Never Was...

Worst Brees Blunder?

• Passing on Brees in 2001 Draft

Votes: 49 39.8%
  • Passing on Brees in 2006 Free Agency

Votes: 55 44.7%
  • Neither, Brees was not a wise choice in either case.

Votes: 19 15.4%

• Total voters
Trekbiz said:
This argument continues to come up but it's pointless.

Culpepper's leg IS still hurt.

Brees' arm IS NOT.

He's taken hits in N.O. and not reinjured it so that argument goes out the window IMO.

Unless we could see into the future there is no way we would know things would be like this though.

Not knowing what I know now Id still make the same decision for Culpepper 10 out of 10 times. Not to mention Brees had never had a season like this before in his life. There was no way to know he would play this way.

Its a pointless question though your right on that

As I said back before the decision was made betwee Cpep and Brees, no matter who the Fins picked, the other QB would wind up being the one that would wind up being the right choice. If they had picked Brees we would probably be hearing about how Culpepper was having a career year. It's just the Luck of the Fins. :D

I'm SO SO SO SO SO sick of hearing about Drew Brees.

His arm was in limbo with all that surgery.
BIG BIG BIG RISK.
The Saints got him.

End of freakin' story!

worth it? how much was Drew's salary this year? I remember his contract being effectively a 1 year for about 10 mil, imagine how much more he will demand next year. Would we honestly want to pay 15 million for Brees if we could?

Lets just face it we got stuck with handicap qb in which he is emptying our pockets and the pay increases every season .He needs to prove next year he was hurt and light up the score boards next season !

Best post of the month

Desides said:
Can we please get over Brees?

Yeah and AMEN! NO more threads about how we shoulda coulda woulda and oh poor us we missed out on Brees. He's with NO, GET OVER IT!!!!! One star is too high for this thread.

The sad thing isn't just that we didn't take Brees. It was that we took Jamar Fletcher instead. Decisions like that just make me nuts. I mean Brees wasn't a Randy Moss in that he had some knocks against him or anything. Everyone knew Brees was going to be good (even though he took a little while to prove it on the field).

Decisions like this are going to drive me to a 12 step program at some point.

dolphinfan2k5 said:
:lol: I understand that QB is the most challenging position, and takes time to adapt to, but there is a reason that the Chargers wanted Philip Rivers. They didn't think Brees was going to amount to anything, and they were ready to cut ties with him and try again, then luckily he showed something and gave the Chargers a great dilemma. I don't think you can say for sure that he would have been any different here. But I think after 3 years of showing little to nothing here I'm not sure he would have been given another shot, especially with Wanny and Fiedler.

Philip Rivers has nothing to do with the final product. They drafted Drew Brees. He struggled for a few years. He became an excellent QB. That SD thought he was going to be a bust and drafted Rivers is irrelevant to the point of the post.

I found it interesting what Mort said in last nites MNF game coverage. He indicated that Saban was definitely more interested in Brees and the major reason that he past on him was because the Phin's medical people refused to sign off on him.
If this is true then it causes me to wonder about the quality of their medical staff.

I realize that hindsight is 20/20 but you'd think that they wouldn't have been so far off of about Brees potiential health and overall recovering possibilities.

Our loss... in a big way!

Interesting zombie thread (dug up from antiquity). I will make this comment - read Brees book 'Coming Back Stronger'. Brees had very strong interest in signing with the Dolphins. But they treated him like a piece of meat. No personal touch or warm greeting on his initial visit to Miami. They just ordered him to report to their doctors first then tour the Phins facilities. The Saints on the other hand had newly hired Sean Payton pick him up from the airport. Payton got lost after picking him up, they ended up in a Katrina ravaged area. Then the Saints ownership, GM, and staff took him to dinner. He talked about how warmly he was greeted and how his feelings began to shift with the edge swinging toward the Saints. After talking to his wife then praying Brees signed with the Saints. The Saints were one impersonal meeting away from losing Brees, thank goodness they didn't.

Back
Top Bottom