Brent Grimes and Dennis Hickey met today | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brent Grimes and Dennis Hickey met today

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
According to Brent's wife on Twitter, her husband met today with Dennis Hickey. She didn't go into detail about what the meeting consisted of, but she has been re-tweeting a lot of other people's tweets that say "Dolphins won't let Grimes hit the free agent market". Maybe I am looking into this too much, but I wonder if a long term deal(or at least a 2-3 year deal) is a realistic possibility and maybe they are getting close?

Would love to see him get a contract for a few years and not have to use the franchise tag, which would take up around $11 million in cap space.

If it were Ireland the tweet would have said "Dolphins are going to let us test the market". Subsequently Ireland would have signed Asante Samuel and given him more than what Grimes would have gotten from another team.

Sign him up, blue chip player right there.

According to Brent's wife on Twitter, her husband met today with Dennis Hickey. She didn't go into detail about what the meeting consisted of, but she has been re-tweeting a lot of other people's tweets that say "Dolphins won't let Grimes hit the free agent market". Maybe I am looking into this too much, but I wonder if a long term deal(or at least a 2-3 year deal) is a realistic possibility and maybe they are getting close?

Would love to see him get a contract for a few years and not have to use the franchise tag, which would take up around $11 million in cap space.

I think the key to signing Grimes to a 3 year deal will be the guaranteed money. If the Fins give him anything over what the franchise tag is for a CB I really think he will have a hard time turning it down. Give him a 3 year deal worth $22.5 million with $15 mil guaranteed the first two years of the contract and he will have a very tough time turning it down because of his age.

Isn't Miko Grimes Brent's agent?

3 years at 2 4 million with 16mil guaranteed sounds about right

He's got to sign before the deadline because he knows he's the one that will get tagged. Plus, by signing, he knows Miami has the ammo to keep another player from hitting the market which makes the team better. If he signs early enough, they can work on their DTs although I doubt they want to keep both. You cannot have too many defenders starting for you on the wrong side of 30.

Miko just updated saying that it wasn't an actual meeting they just ran into each other at the facility and talked for the first time. So, I guess I jumped a little to soon.

I modified the thread title a little.

The earlier he signs him the more secure I'll feel with Hickey running the ship.

Miko just updated saying that it wasn't an actual meeting they just ran into each other at the facility and talked for the first time. So, I guess I jumped a little to soon.

I modified the thread title a little.

Holy ****, someone actually taking responsibility for getting a story somewhat wrong. Way to go Nubs, integrity at it's finest. To bad the national media doesn't play by those rules.

More from Miko:

Bae had a smile on his face when he talked about meeting him. Thats all i saw. There werent many smiles in that other city, unfortunately.

Seems like Hickey made a good first impression. That "other city" is Atlanta and the Falcons organization. She trashes them all the time.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I just don't know about signing a 31 CB playing for a contract last year to a long term deal.

I Believe Re-Signing Grimes is the key to the whole off season!! Get-ERRRR-Done!!!

I like resigning him but not to a long term deal. He's short. In 2 years we won't be able to move him safety like teams do with older corners

Back
Top Bottom