Brent Grimes and Dennis Hickey met today | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brent Grimes and Dennis Hickey met today

Good football player. Quality guy. Seems to be in great athletic shape. Again, he is guy I want on this team.

I like hearing this. You can tell that the Grimes family were really treated badly by the Falcons organization and they are still upset with how things ended. They seem to love Miami and Hickey appears to have made it known that they really like Brent and want him to stay. Just making them feel wanted is going to go a long way in these contract talks.

House hunting in Miami would make it seem that they think a multi-year deal is very possible.

I was thinking the same thing, however that could be just her expectations at this point. You know if they can't reach a long-term deal and the team franchise's him this does have the possibility of her comments becoming ugly quickly.

I have to agree with most on here and that we need to lock this guy up for at least a couple years. He likely won't sign a 2-year deal (too short) and would just prefer a tag at that point, so a 3-year deal is probably in order. Probably try to get a 3 year deal with a guaranteed amount that won't kill us on cap, but is fair to him.

I like Grimes a lot and would love to see him back next season. Smart quality football player that was raised on whole milk....

Having positive role models in the lockerroom is incredibly important.
We got a great player and leader at a discount this year.

We are not in a position to jettison positive lockerroom elements for nothing.
I love the fact that he is a small college player that has gotten to the top through determination and grit.

Pay the man a reasonable age and keep him in the fold.

Back
Top Bottom