Brett Kollmann - Tua Tagovailoa is a system QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brett Kollmann - Tua Tagovailoa is a system QB

Seems to stress the arm limitation a little more than I think is warranted considering rpo and west coast concepts.

That’s the point where he lost me. He drastically overstated. He shows a play where he believes his arm strength was lacking, yet I’ve seen and shared numerous plays where his arm strength showed off very, very well.

IDK what anybody says. His arm strength isn’t an issue. It‘s more than adequate. And his accuracy on those throws are typically much better than adequate.

Funny I thought the guy said Tua was drew Brees a ton on twitter, I haven’t watched the video but I don’t think he was being negative about Tua by calling him a system QB. Brady is a system QB

Not sure why anybody would get defensive over this. He gushes over Tua, his entire thesis is that Tua is Drew Brees 2.0. ONLY, negative he mentions is that he has limited but passable arm strength but then goes on to say that it will not matter, that it is a perfect scenario for both Tua and the Dolphins.

You should check out his videos he does a great job of breaking down players. He compares Tua to Drew Brees in his analysis here.

He does do a great job of breaking down video, but to me he’s just looking to stir up a reaction. Unless he was some QB coach somewhere I just can’t take him seriously

I am interested to see how this play out w Tua as well.

Who the **** is Brett Kollmann? Why would anyone take stock in this guys opinion? waste of time

I tend to agree.

On his twitter account he claims “Tua Tagovailoa is not a perfect prospect, or even an elite one, but he's still going to be pretty damn good”

I can certainly agree he’s not perfect, but to say he’s not an elite prospect is shortsighted and just a piss poor evaluation.

Tua might not ever develop into an elite NFL QB, but based upon what he accomplished in college, including such prolific production, efficiency and success, and the fact he was drafted top 5 and arguably might have gone #1 had it not been for the hip injury — if he’s not an elite prospect coming out of college then nobody is.

One of many reasons his jersey is outselling every single player currently in the league, including Tom Brady, is because he’s an elite prospect. Fans are wildly excited. That doesn’t happen for merely good prospects.

Tua is having the same effect Zion Williamson had after getting drafted into the NBA. Because he’s an elite prospect, just like Zion. Just not as gifted athletically, of course ;)

This Kollmann clown surely isn’t an elite evaluator, no matter how much film he watches.

So defensive when anyone isn't worshiping Tua as perfect. Watch the video before you throw up your wall, he does nothing but praise the kid. There's nothing wrong with staying a fact about a player. Everyone isn't perfect in every single category.

So defensive when anyone isn't worshiping Tua as perfect. Watch the video before you throw up your wall, he does nothing but praise the kid. There's nothing wrong with staying a fact about a player. Everyone isn't perfect in every single category.
Objectivity takes the day off with any article having to do with Tua, Rosen, Tannehill, etc. Hopefully once there are some real sports going on we will have something real to talk about instead of rehashing the same topic in different threads endlessly.

No problem with this analysis, he's entitled to his opinion like anyone. I'm curious about his take on Burrow's arm...

Kollman puts out great videos and this is no exception. He'll the whole title is Tua is a system QB... and Thats Okay. He also stresses that there is a difference between a system QB and a Qb that makes the system better and that tmTua is the second option.

Hell he spends much of the video calling Tua Drew Brees.

Says because he says Tua isn't a God doesn't mean he isn't praising him

Tua isn't Dan Marino. Dan was his own system, Tua is a QB that can elevate the system in place if it enhances the things he does well.

The title is a little misleading and designed to cause some quick takes but inside it's pretty spot on with what you drafted.

Somebody else made the Drew Brees comparison and I think that is a good one. Except Tua can potentially give you more in the mobility department so more of an evolved version.

Tua at his best and fully healthy is truly the perfect QB to run the most popular systems used in the NFL today.

So defensive when you perceive others to be defensive. Also presumptive that others haven’t watched the video despite many of those people actually commenting or taking issue with what he said in the video. And on social media.

In other words, not well informed on your part. Pot meet kettle, huh?

Lastly, try not distorting things. Someone taking issue with some of his comments doesn’t mean they aren’t aware of other things he said or that he was also complimentary.

You‘re just full of assumptions and are jumping to conclusions. And sounding just as defensive and sensitive as those you’re mocking.

Are you Kollmann in disguise?? Or his mom?? Sure sounds like it.

Kollman puts out great videos and this is no exception. He'll the whole title is Tua is a system QB... and Thats Okay. He also stresses that there is a difference between a system QB and a Qb that makes the system better and that tmTua is the second option.

Hell he spends much of the video calling Tua Drew Brees.

Says because he says Tua isn't a God doesn't mean he isn't praising him

Not everyone is taking issue with the system QB comment.

But several of you seem to think so.

It’s as if folks speed read and cherry pick whatever words irritate or offend them.

Back
Top Bottom