Brian Flores Claps Back at Reports of Bad Relationship with Tua Tagovailoa | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores Claps Back at Reports of Bad Relationship with Tua Tagovailoa

Deafening only to people who have chosen to be tone deaf.

I know how this works for you guys.

Where are the players who support him? Wait, don’t try to confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up. 😀

The below is deafening to you?! Not surprised.

G/T Jesse Davis: “I think it’s sad. It’s a sad feeling for everybody. Any time that happens it’s kind of unsettling, but it’s a business, and unfortunately we’re all under that circumstance as well, so you just kind of put your best foot forward, and wish everybody good luck, and move on. We all wish ‘Flo’ good luck on everything he does. He’s an awesome coach.”

DT Christian Wilkins: “The thing he preached the most, the thing that is going to stick with me in my head for forever is the mindset of ‘one day at a time, one play at a time.’ That is obviously something he was big on. That’s always something I’m going to remember, just that mindset that he instilled into all of us, instilled into me for my three years working with him which was an honor. Like I said, I think he’s a great coach and a great man and a great person. Just things like that and earning respect; you’re going to have to earn it every day. It’s a week-by-week thing in this league and he just taught me a lot, really. As a coach, he could really coach football well and like I said, I got a lot of respect for him.”

LB Jerome Baker: “I think once you get to know him and get to feel him out – he plays that ‘got to stay focused, got to – that mentality, but he’s a great guy. At the end of the day he wanted you to be the best player you could be, and that’s really what it is. Not just be the best player, but also just be the best person you can be, and that’s all you can really ask for. He truly just wanted us to do well and wanted us to just win games and be great people, and that’s unfortunate that he’s gone now.”

Two Dolphins assistant coaches have risen to Flores’ defense in the wake of his lawsuit alleging discrimination regarding his interview process with the Denver Broncos and New York Giants and his dismissal last month by the Dolphins.

“I’ve worked with Brian Flores for 3 years and this story that he is “Hard to work with” is news to me,” cornerbacks coach Charles Burks said on Twitter. “His coaching style is what you’d expect from a great teacher: Demanding, Detailed and a heightened sense of Urgency to make corrections.

“This is the Standard of coaching in the NFL. Unfortunately, if you’re a “Black Man” this can lead to a “Smear Campaign” keeping you from other opportunities. I’ve had the pleasure of working for Brian Flores the past three years. I’ve experienced nothing but accountability, direction, and inspiration from Brian Flores. He was and IS a true leader of Men.”

After Flores filed the lawsuit Tuesday, Dolphins defensive backs coach Gerald Alexander said on Twitter: “I already had a lot of respect for Brian Flores before today. Today confirmed he’s one of the best leaders I’ve ever been around. Respect the experience that I had with him as a position coach on his staff the last 2 seasons and the courage he’s displayed with the news of today and what that can mean for his own career in the coaching profession.”
Communication skills lacking or not (LOL), when you fall on your face with the playoffs on the line in an epic fashion like he did two years in a row, is it really that big of a surprise to see him fired?

There is a reason he couldn't keep coordinators around.

So he's now on I am athlete. His take is automatically considered and primetime because ...eh?

Deafening only to people who have chosen to be tone deaf.

I know how this works for you guys.

Where are the players who support him? Wait, don’t try to confuse me with facts, my mind is already made up. 😀

The below is deafening to you?! Not surprised.

G/T Jesse Davis: “I think it’s sad. It’s a sad feeling for everybody. Any time that happens it’s kind of unsettling, but it’s a business, and unfortunately we’re all under that circumstance as well, so you just kind of put your best foot forward, and wish everybody good luck, and move on. We all wish ‘Flo’ good luck on everything he does. He’s an awesome coach.”

DT Christian Wilkins: “The thing he preached the most, the thing that is going to stick with me in my head for forever is the mindset of ‘one day at a time, one play at a time.’ That is obviously something he was big on. That’s always something I’m going to remember, just that mindset that he instilled into all of us, instilled into me for my three years working with him which was an honor. Like I said, I think he’s a great coach and a great man and a great person. Just things like that and earning respect; you’re going to have to earn it every day. It’s a week-by-week thing in this league and he just taught me a lot, really. As a coach, he could really coach football well and like I said, I got a lot of respect for him.”

LB Jerome Baker: “I think once you get to know him and get to feel him out – he plays that ‘got to stay focused, got to – that mentality, but he’s a great guy. At the end of the day he wanted you to be the best player you could be, and that’s really what it is. Not just be the best player, but also just be the best person you can be, and that’s all you can really ask for. He truly just wanted us to do well and wanted us to just win games and be great people, and that’s unfortunate that he’s gone now.”

Two Dolphins assistant coaches have risen to Flores’ defense in the wake of his lawsuit alleging discrimination regarding his interview process with the Denver Broncos and New York Giants and his dismissal last month by the Dolphins.

“I’ve worked with Brian Flores for 3 years and this story that he is “Hard to work with” is news to me,” cornerbacks coach Charles Burks said on Twitter. “His coaching style is what you’d expect from a great teacher: Demanding, Detailed and a heightened sense of Urgency to make corrections.

“This is the Standard of coaching in the NFL. Unfortunately, if you’re a “Black Man” this can lead to a “Smear Campaign” keeping you from other opportunities. I’ve had the pleasure of working for Brian Flores the past three years. I’ve experienced nothing but accountability, direction, and inspiration from Brian Flores. He was and IS a true leader of Men.”

After Flores filed the lawsuit Tuesday, Dolphins defensive backs coach Gerald Alexander said on Twitter: “I already had a lot of respect for Brian Flores before today. Today confirmed he’s one of the best leaders I’ve ever been around. Respect the experience that I had with him as a position coach on his staff the last 2 seasons and the courage he’s displayed with the news of today and what that can mean for his own career in the coaching profession.”

So what is your point brother ? He's gone and never coming back

Support the team not an ex coach who's suing us

At least that is my take on it

If you take Flores over the Dolphins that's your choice my friend. I just happen to disagree

Plus **** that loser. Good luck ever working in the NFL again

I dunno why..... but the term "clap back" really annoys me.

No doubt in my mind Flo had a great relationship with the QB.

The only problem....... that QB was DeShawn Watson.

Funny how now that Flos Gone Watson is being a hero and expanding the list of teams he's willing to play for.

Even if he goes to jail...... he'll still be back in the NFL sooner then FLO will.

It's sad, at the start of last season I was on the Flo train. He could do no wrong

I soured when it became obvious he didn't like or want Tua. I posted it many times during the season.

The more thats coming out now shows his issues and inability to coach went a lot farther then just sabotaging Tua.

He sabotaged the oline, refused to make adjustments. I don't believe for a second he was calling defensive plays either. But now my bias may be getting in the way.

I wonder if he learned from the Tua situation in how to answer questions.

Can't way to see how he answers these questions

" so you say Ross offered you to tank and offered you $100,000 per loss. You also say he told you to take a "vacation". Did you believe his offer to take a vacation was a serious offer?"

No one in their right mind will say yes. When he says no. You simply ask
" so did you believe his offer for $100,000 per loss was a serious offer?"

If his answers are different to those 2 questions his WHOLE case is done.

However, if he answers yes to both it loses credibility. When a team that historically bad head coach suddenly goes on vacation? Give me a break.

Lastly I would love to see his response to
" You claim he offered and wanted you to tank, or lose games. Yet you won 5 and fell in the draft. Explain how if that was a serious offer, an offer you apparently refused, how is it you remained employed for 2 more seasons. Would the lack of retaliation imply the offer wasn't serious if an offer was made"

I would really love to hear his responses to those questions.

Reason being.... allegedily.... Ross is going to claim it was a joke or made in jest.

If so, I believe if was one of those half serious offers. Ross was kinda joking but serious enough to gage interest. If G
FLores went along great. If not no big deal I wasn't serious anyway

Actions speak louder then words. Ross actions, or lack thereof, give more credibility to even if an offer was made it wasn't a SERIOUS offer.

If you take Flores over the Dolphins that's your choice my friend. I just happen to disagree

My point is I disagree that Flores is a terrible person and coach. I think he was a good coach and I back that up with statements from players and coaches who were in the fray with him day after day.

This is a forum in which people have differing opinions and I base mine on results in the field (back to back winning seasons which is a first in almost 20 years, 19-12 in the last 31, 8-1 in the last 9) and what I read and hear from actual “Dolphin” players.

Are you suggesting that to support the Dolphins I have align with an 81 year old, New York real estate tycoon, who has been unsuccessful as an owner in making the Dolphins a contender, and fall in line with the majority of “Dolphin supporters “ by making post after post stating F*** Flores, he sucks and is an a**hole?

I don’t call that supporting the Dolphins, I simply call that hatred of an ex-coach which people are entitled to.

When I think of supporting the Dolphins, I sure as hell don’t think of it as “I am in it to support Ross and Grier, and what they say and think is what I say and think.”

I also don’t tune in on Sunday’s rooting for an owner to get a win. I couldn’t care less about that. I am rooting for the players and coaches who have given their blood, sweat and tears throughout the year to get a win. And I give respect to players and coaches that produce. Flores produced and developed players.

Nor am I a moron and rely on the majority to make up my mind for me. I am able to make up my own mind based on what I see and hear, regardless of what the majority of posters think.

I have the mental ability to side with Flores and “Dolphin” players and coaches who support him as well and continue to root for the Dolphins.

I been a loyal fan since 1972 and will continue to be, I like the McD hiring and still am a Tua fan. I think this team is in a position to do good things this year and will be rooting for them to do so.

The reason Dolphins are in a good position to succeed is significantly related to Flores developing the young core group of players that have joined the Dolphins the past 3 years. For that I am thankful.

I can also acknowledge that Flores lawsuit has merit and still be rooting for the Dolphins.

Goodell acknowledges the league has a problem and needs to do better, to be better.

Like the issue with CTE, when it comes to making real change that is done through the courts and when it affects the billionaire boys club’s finances.

Talking about Flores at this point is toxic. There are better things to talk about really lol.

My point is I disagree that Flores is a terrible person and coach. I think he was a good coach and I back that up with statements from players and coaches who were in the fray with him day after day.

This is a forum in which people have differing opinions and I base mine on results in the field (back to back winning seasons which is a first in almost 20 years, 19-12 in the last 31, 8-1 in the last 9) and what I read and hear from actual “Dolphin” players.

Are you suggesting that to support the Dolphins I have align with an 81 year old, New York real estate tycoon, who has been unsuccessful as an owner in making the Dolphins a contender, and fall in line with the majority of “Dolphin supporters “ by making post after post stating F*** Flores, he sucks and is an a**hole?

I don’t call that supporting the Dolphins, I simply call that hatred of an ex-coach which people are entitled to.

When I think of supporting the Dolphins, I sure as hell don’t think of it as “I am in it to support Ross and Grier, and what they say and think is what I say and think.”

I also don’t tune in on Sunday’s rooting for an owner to get a win. I couldn’t care less about that. I am rooting for the players and coaches who have given their blood, sweat and tears throughout the year to get a win. And I give respect to players and coaches that produce. Flores produced and developed players.

Nor am I a moron and rely on the majority to make up my mind for me. I am able to make up my own mind based on what I see and hear, regardless of what the majority of posters think.

I have the mental ability to side with Flores and “Dolphin” players and coaches who support him as well and continue to root for the Dolphins.

I been a loyal fan since 1972 and will continue to be, I like the McD hiring and still am a Tua fan. I think this team is in a position to do good things this year and will be rooting for them to do so.

The reason Dolphins are in a good position to succeed is significantly related to Flores developing the young core group of players that have joined the Dolphins the past 3 years. For that I am thankful.

I can also acknowledge that Flores lawsuit has merit and still be rooting for the Dolphins.

Goodell acknowledges the league has a problem and needs to do better, to be better.

Like the issue with CTE, when it comes to making real change that is done through the courts and when it affects the billionaire boys club’s finances.
Not sure how you defend Flo after what he just did to the Fins...?

I live in piitsburgh. I called this a few weeks ago. I thought he would be defense cord for them actually. I only thought this would happen because I didn’t want to hear about Flores and I figured he would go to Pittsburgh and i would have to hear about jt. It was same thing with mikah. I didn’t want him to go to Steelers cause I didn’t want to hear about it. And it happened. So I knew it would happen again just to annoy me

I had a feeling, Pittsburgh, just might be a good fit for Flores. Teamed with Tomlin, could be devastating, defensively for the rest of the league. The zero cover with Pittsburgh's front seven is going to be brutal on opposing offenses.

Maybe the Watson rumors will follow him to Steel Town. Deshaun may have, just got another shot at getting traded? Who knows?

I had a feeling, Pittsburgh, just might be a good fit for Flores. Teamed with Tomlin, could be devastating, defensively for the rest of the league. The zero cover with Pittsburgh's front seven is going to be brutal on opposing offenses.

Maybe the Watson rumors will follow him to Steel Town. Deshaun may have, just got another shot at getting traded? Who knows?
I would be shocked if the Rooney's want anything to do with Watson.

Back
Top Bottom