Brian Flores COY | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores COY

Let the season play out, long way to go but Flores has done a spectacular job over the last 2 seasons, we get to the playoffs and he's absolutely the COY unless Tomlin goes undefeated.

WhatIt will be a thing to keep an eye on. Can he maintain success when he doesn't have great team and QB that Cowher gave him?
What????

Tomlin has been the HC since 2007. 13 years.

How many guy do you seriously think are still around from Cowher?

What are you talking about? Philbin drafted the entire Ginn family in the first round with one pick.:DWN:
You don’t even know anything about Fins history. Philbin??? Hahaha nice attempt. At least be good about it

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach Flores is anything but coy, he is downright intimidating.

I don't know why everyone keeps mentioning Tomlin though. He has a future hall of famer at QB and he is the only reason they are doing so good. Take big Ben away and they are 8 and 8. They aren't undefeated because of his coaching.
Great point.

The biggest difference, personnel wise, in the 2019 Steelers and 2020 Steelers is the QB position. Of course you credit Tomlin and that defense for keeping that team competitive last season, but their resurgence to the elite category this year is simply the difference in having a healthy Roethlisberger in there.

Incredible amount of respect for Tomlin. In 14 seasons, his teams have never finished below .500. Thats incredible.

However, if the Dolphins are a playoff team.....Flores should be the unanimous choice for COY.

I can't really think of another team elevated as much by great coaching as we are with Flores, Particularly turning a bunch of castoffs,UDFA's,
into maybe the most dangerous defense in the NFL. He is the coach we have always wanted in Miami Brian Flores not only deserves our vote for Coach of the year he deserves the NFL's vote as well.
At the halfway point, I am with you.

Troll alert. You don’t even know anything about Fins history. Philbin??? Hahaha nice attempt. At least be good about it
I thought I was being funny. Sorry it was lost on you. No harm no foul. It was the biggest joke it Fins drafting history. I don't have any experience with the Fins. Except for Marino - Clayton, Marino -Super Duper, Griese - Warfield.
Not being confrontational. I have been around a few years. And watched every game for the past 40 years. And the last 25 years have been horrible to watch. But I watched them all.

Last edited:
I thought I was being funny. Sorry it was lost on you. No harm no foul. It was the biggest joke it Fins drafting history.
To be fair, Ginn was so poorly misused during his tenure here. I remember the season where he caught 50+ balls where they literally used him as a possession receiver.

Once he got into the right system, unfortunately later in his career, he was a consistent big play guy for the Saints. Think he had a 10 TD catch season in Carolina too.

Coach Flores is anything but coy, he is downright intimidating.

I don't know why everyone keeps mentioning Tomlin though. He has a future hall of famer at QB and he is the only reason they are doing so good. Take big Ben away and they are 8 and 8. They aren't undefeated because of his coaching.
Have to 100% agree. He's good but IMO seriously overrated. Came into a great situation
with a great staff and org structure and has benefited from that greatly.

In direct compassion Flo is on a completely different level!

IMO.

To be fair, Ginn was so poorly misused during his tenure here. I remember the season where he caught 50+ balls where they literally used him as a possession receiver.

Once he got into the right system, unfortunately later in his career, he was a consistent big play guy for the Saints. Think he had a 10 TD catch season in Carolina too.
Hasn't that been the problem with the coaching...like...forever now? LOL. In my observation, the horrible coaches have been responsible for most of the poor performance for the last few decades. Flores took the locker room and made everyone accountable and it shows. And I agree. He should not have been used as the greatest put returner in Miami history. He has and has had great talent. Coaches make or break a team given equivalent talent. He has speed and hands and can run a route. He's not going to break records. But he was much better than Miami got out of him. Which is really a bummer.

I thought I was being funny. Sorry it was lost on you. No harm no foul. It was the biggest joke it Fins drafting history. I don't have any experience with the Fins. Except for Marino - Clayton, Marino -Super Duper, Griese - Warfield.
Not being confrontational. I have been around a few years. And watched every game for the past 40 years. And the last 25 years have been horrible to watch. But I watched them all.
Alrighty then. Not sure what was so funny about replacing Cameron with Philbin. Doesn’t make sense to me. Especially when as bad as Joes was he was miles ahead of Cam.

I gotta think it’s Flo’s at this point. The Steelers were expected to be good. We were expected to win 6 games.
Unfortunately, that's not usually how these things work.

For Flo to have a shot, going by history, he probably needs a minimum of 11 wins. 12 looks to be the average for recent winners, though in a couple cases 10 wins did the trick.

In any case, it probably means more to fans, than to Flo.

Alrighty then. Not sure what was so funny about replacing Cameron with Philbin. Doesn’t make sense to me. Especially when as bad as Joes was he was miles ahead of Cam.
I totally agree. Every darn one of these coaches has been the bottom of the pack. You are right. Philbin had something going for him. Definitely more than Cam. All I was trying to say is that I am finally happy to have a coach that knows how to run an organization. After do many years, I'm actually excited to watch games again. Queue the anointed child Gase. I mean Sporano at least showed a little but of promise but fizzled out. Saban? I don't even know what the point was. He's great in college where he doesn't have to deal with people making millions of dollars and telling him to get lost. Even Johnson didn't show up. Nor did Wannstedt.
I am not sure if that is because ownership finally pulled their head out and listened to people with a football background or what. I am enjoying the ride for the first time in a really long time.
Go fins brother. It's all good.

Did you see how pissed off Kingsbury was when on 4th &10, they rolled out the long snapper and kicker but left Murray out there and Coach Flo calls time-out - we ain't gonna fall for that one, you kick Field Goal like you should.

Again. The 2019 Dolphins were considered one of the worst football teams in history. So yeah, Coach and Executive of the year so far!

Back
Top Bottom