Brian Flores Emerging As Top Candidate For Dolphins Head Coach Position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores Emerging As Top Candidate For Dolphins Head Coach Position

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins may have found a favorite candidate to replace Adam Gase as the team’s next head coach.

According the Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross and general manager Chris Grier met with New England Patriots linebackers coach and defensive play caller Brian Flores last week and “came away impressed.” Beasley explained that “one source went so far as to say that Flores is near if not at the top of the Dolphins’ list.”

Flores has been with the Patriots organization since 2004 and has a very diverse resume to his name. He’s worked as a scouting assistant, pro scout, special teams assistant, assistant offense and special teams coach, defensive assistant, safeties coach, linebackers coach, and most recently, play caller for the Patriots defense.

Under Flores’ play calling for the 2018 season, New England’s defense ranked 7th in points per game (20.3), 21st in total yards per game (359.1), 11th in rushing yards per game (112.7), and 22nd in passing yards per game (246.4).
https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/1...lphins-hc-position-miami-new-england-patriots

Really hope this isn’t true.

these guys know way more than I do when it comes to this. I'd have to learn more about him to garner an educated opinion. Maybe for DC? (anything has to be better than Burke)

As long as Gase is gone it's addition by subtraction

Miami will be looking for another coach in 3 years is all I’m going to say.

How do you know that? Did you know McVay? Peterson, etc etc etc coach would be successful? The truth is no one ever really knows this stuff with any certainty. It's all a luck of the draw!

Miami will be looking for another coach in 3 years is all I’m going to say.

I am definitely not a fan of the candidate from New England with a limited resume, but in fairness to Flores and everyone else: We are likely to be looking for another head coach in 3 years regardless of the name on the contract, because we are the Dolphins and coaching is a very difficult business even when you are doing it for a good organization.

Why? I ask because please tell me the "guaranteed" formula that says "X" head coach "will be" successful at the HC position.

The formula that works is to have great offense and great defense. What is this dude's track record of great defenses? And even if he has one, what is his plan on offense? What is his track record with great offenses?
Has he ever managed both and been successful? If not, who will he hire to make him successful? Does he have a track record of successful coaches under him?

Back
Top Bottom