Brian Flores Emerging As Top Candidate For Dolphins Head Coach Position | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores Emerging As Top Candidate For Dolphins Head Coach Position

I don't like it because anything that comes out of New England is fools gold. Doesn't matter if it is a player or a coach. Their system makes people look better than they actually are.
If you read Armando's latest, the Dolphins aren't looking to hire their future head coach right now. Just looking for a stand in guy for the tank right now.

If you read Armando's latest, the Dolphins aren't looking to hire their future head coach right now. Just looking for a stand in guy for the tank right now.

Not true!

Tank and then submarine baby!

I don't like it because anything that comes out of New England is fools gold. Doesn't matter if it is a player or a coach. Their system makes people look better than they actually are.

How many of those coaches that came from New England had a quarterback that was worth a ****?

I don’t buy that for a second. If that was the case they would just hire from within without interviewing anybody else aside from a Rooney Rule candidate.

I feel like this article: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article224077410.html

... is not getting enough play right now in these discussions. If you are to believe Salguero, then the Miami Dolphins are straight up telling potential hires that they are going to have a tank season in 2019 and are willing to go even longer if necessary to rebuild. That's kind of a huge revelation.

I did not think that the team would actively be informing candidates "Yes, we plan to lose a lot in your first season." That's bold.

I don’t buy that for a second. If that was the case they would just hire from within without interviewing anybody else aside from a Rooney Rule candidate.
I believe they still have to follow the Rooney rule even if they hire within. It's not that far fetched of an idea. Hire a coach that is willing to oversee this dumpster fire. If it works out, great, if not, no love lost on either side.

So this is old? Please say it is. I know every case is different, but there's a LONG track record of Patriot assistant failures in both the NFL and college. Prefer not to chance it.

I feel like this article: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article224077410.html

... is not getting enough play right now in these discussions. If you are to believe Salguero, then the Miami Dolphins are straight up telling potential hires that they are going to have a tank season in 2019 and are willing to go even longer if necessary to rebuild. That's kind of a huge revelation.

I did not think that the team would actively be informing candidates "Yes, we plan to lose a lot in your first season." That's bold.
If he’s right, it really kills the notion that some people have around here that a team would never deliberately tank a season— and that if they did, they’d certainly not admit it.

I think the difference of any HC we hire will be who they are bringing with them.

In that's the case, what is Cam Cameron up to these days?

This is really just a media dogpile - Beasley's "momentum" article got a comment from Jason La Caforna, which Beasley retweeted, which others have picked up and run with. There's no new information based on anything other than Beasley's "source" saying top brass was impressed with him and that Flores is near the top if not the top candidate.

Which would explain why Munchak wasn't interested in the job. Grier and whoever is our next coach are going to be with us for a while if they are actively telling people they are planning on tanking for next year.

Fwiw I'm 100% okay tanking for a QB in 2020.

Which would explain why Munchak wasn't interested in the job. Grier and whoever is our next coach are going to be with us for a while if they are actively telling people they are planning on tanking for next year.

Fwiw I'm 100% okay tanking for a QB in 2020.
Munchak wanted only the Denver job.

Back
Top Bottom