Brian Flores Emerging As Top Candidate For Dolphins Head Coach Position | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores Emerging As Top Candidate For Dolphins Head Coach Position

Clearing the team of bad contracts and tanking are 2 totally different things. Clearing the bad contracts could and should cause a lot of losing. But losing purposely is not the same and hard to prove. Just because a team plays a less then stellar QB like Fales or Falk can't be considered tanking. Tanking is all speculation right now, in spite of the wide sentiments of the fans, that it's time to tank for a possible shot at a franchise QB?

I’ve never heard of teams hiring a bridge coach lol but if that’s the case wouldn’t rizzi be a better candidate for that? He gets his feet wet as coach and then after the tank job is complete mutually part ways.

I believe they still have to follow the Rooney rule even if they hire within. It's not that far fetched of an idea. Hire a coach that is willing to oversee this dumpster fire. If it works out, great, if not, no love lost on either side.

They would definitely have to interview to meet that criteria even if all they wanted to do was hire within.

If it’s so obvious that all they really want to do is tank I don’t understand why anybody would want to oversee that. Especially not a first time head coach.

Clearing the team of bad contracts and tanking are 2 totally different things. Clearing the bad contracts could and should cause a lot of losing. But losing purposely is not the same and hard to prove. Just because a team plays a less then stellar QB like Fales or Falk can't be considered tanking. Tanking is all speculation right now, in spite of the wide sentiments of the fans, that it's time to tank for a possible shot at a franchise QB?

Building through the draft and youth movement is fine.

Tanking means losing games on purpose.

A team may Curtis Painter a game or two at the end of a season, but that's as close to tanking you'll likely ever see.

I’m sure someone with undying loyalty to Belichick would love to lose a lot with the Dolphins. Flores is the perfect candidate.

Sarcasm.

Building through the draft and youth movement is fine.

Tanking means losing games on purpose.

A team may Curtis Painter a game or two at the end of a season, but that's as close to tanking you'll likely ever see.

What about a team that plays Painter the majority of a season...Colts

As long as they're playing to win every time they take the field! Lol

I really wouldn’t worry too much about QB this offseason. I would focus everything on the trenches and defense. Let some late round rookie QBs have a shot. We have Falk, bring in another late rounder. Brady was a 6th round pick. Maybe we get lucky. If not, we end with a top 5 pick in 2020

He says that the Miami Dolphins are making potential head coaches very aware of the fact that the team's intention is to have a vet purge / cap hit year while rebuilding with young guys. Apparently, when Ross said he is ok with having a 3-13 season, that wasn't just talk. They are anticipating losing a lot of games this season."

I’m ok with that gameplan. Hopefully Ross has the resolve to follow through.

But ****, what if it doesn’t work...

this new coach fails, it’s all on greir so he fails. then and only then can the fin hope for a full clearing.

Back
Top Bottom