Brian Flores is failing the Miami Dolphins like every other former coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores is failing the Miami Dolphins like every other former coach

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Flores is fine. Not perfect (only Shula can claim that) but he will figure this out and lead us to success. I don’t understand why anyone can’t see that he is by far the best coach we’ve had since Jimmy 9who didn’t do that well here but he was a great coach)

Flores is fine. Not perfect (only Shula can claim that) but he will figure this out and lead us to success. I don’t understand why anyone can’t see that he is by far the best coach we’ve had since Jimmy 9who didn’t do that well here but he was a great coach)
So he’s the smartest out of the 3 stooges?

You shouldn’t lower expectations just because he’s better than the garbage before him.

3 OCs in 3 years. Turnover of coaches.
And 4 O-line coaches in 3 years. The people that crowned Flores after last year are going to fight tooth and nail to defend him and turn a blind eye to his huge regression this season. Flores is the #1 reason for this 1-3 start. Grier is #2 and #3 is the lack of veterans. You give credit to Flores for last year then you give him credit for this piss poor start too.

Flo isn't what I expected him to be and I was really on his bandwagon. His penchant of using coaches with little or no experience for the job at hand and the constant turnaround of same is concerning. I can't imagine he will succeed with that style and the horrible offense and oline is the product. I am disappointed and really surprised he is so stubborn about it.

This article isn’t telling us anything we didn’t already know. Yes Flores if failing us. I like most here was on the Flores train and truly starting to believe we finally got it right. But as usual the moment any semblance of expectations was put on this team he is melting right in front of our eyes just like the others before him.

Also it’s not all pie in the sky internally as they’re starting to be a little noise come out of Miami. Especially with Flores and the offensive staff. Flores is handcuffing the playcalling and that’s straight from a couple different guys 1 of whom works for a team we’ve already played. Exact quote... “ Man Flores knows defense without a doubt but he’s so focused on the defense that it’s effecting the offense bc he truly doesn’t want to have a quick strike offense.” “The offense is supposed to be a short/intermediate controlled passing game with a complementary running game but theirs no sight of a running game and we saw them doing the same things they were week 1 with Tua with Brissett in there.” Brissett is a totally different type of QB than Tua and we saw no adjustments or tweaks to play to Brissetts strengths.”Asking Brissett to throw it 40 times a game is a recipe for disaster.” “The OL was awful against Buffalo but they’ve been much better the past couple games and Gaskins is averaging nearly 5 a pop when he gets the ball but they give up on it way to quickly.”They’re just so predictable on offense and literally no adjustments are being made.”

That was a little bit of a text conversation that I had with my guy yesterday. It just shows you that nobody can understand it. We have weapons but our offensive coaching staff is having a hard time figuring out how to use them along with Flores sticking his nose in the play calling to much.

Flores will fail if he loses the players. Hopefully he doesn't. He also needs to find better offensive coaches or kept guys like O'Shea. Seems like there could be a personality indifference, causing all these coaching changes. Sometimes stability wins and it doesn't seem stable in Miami

Flores will fail if he loses the players. Hopefully he doesn't. He also needs to find better offensive coaches or kept guys like O'Shea. Seems like there could be a personality indifference, causing all these coaching changes. Sometimes stability wins and it doesn't seem stable in Miami
A good way to lose the players is to keep playing bums like Jackson and Coleman when they're clearly doing more harm than good.

Move Hunt back to RT. At least he showed potential there. He's regressing at RG. Try the rookie or Little at LT and move Jackson to LG. He can get help from the C/LT.

Flores is back to square one with me...especially if he's too stubborn to make changes in a system that is failing....

Gase had a winning record at this same point in his third year. In fact he kept a winning record until week 12 of his last year. Of course he inherited more talent (but less draft picks). FWIW our advanced stats of various sorts are the worst at this point of any year going back farther than I care to research. I’m a stats guy, I said it in my introduce yourself post. It’s really ugly right now, much worse than last years 1-3.

OK let’s try glass half full. Or at least with a few drops in it. Tua will be back vs Jax; he’s much better than Brisket. Raekwon is coming back, he’s our biggest strongest guy on the DL. Our schedule gets easier. Our young guys(and we are very young at some units) might improve….

But the wins have to start coming after this Bucs game.

Back
Top Bottom