Brian Flores is failing the Miami Dolphins like every other former coach | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores is failing the Miami Dolphins like every other former coach

So he’s the smartest out of the 3 stooges?

You shouldn’t lower expectations just because he’s better than the garbage before him.
I don’t ever lower my expectations in any way. But I also have vast experience in assessing executive talent at the highest level. Flores has solid leadership talent and a drive to succeed. He’s not perfect and needs to learn to bring in the proper supporting staff, but he will get there.

I’m also wise enough to never refer to any human being as garbage (even failed coaches like Philbin, Cameron and Gase).

Flores will fail if he loses the players. Hopefully he doesn't. He also needs to find better offensive coaches or kept guys like O'Shea. Seems like there could be a personality indifference, causing all these coaching changes. Sometimes stability wins and it doesn't seem stable in Miami
For some reason we couldn't hire top OCs. No clue why, but several OCs turned down the job. Pep Hamilton straight up turned down the interview. Why? Really don't know. Top OCs don't want to work with either Flo or the Dolphins in general.
We went after several big name candidates. Mike Canada, the Steelers OC interviewed, was offered the position and straight turned it down.
What was that interview like? Flo: I couldn't care less if you score. Just let my leet D rest.
Whatever the reason OCs don't want to come here

Good coach for the first TWO years and facing adversity at the beginning of the THIRD year. Now he’s a bad coach and failing the Dolphins?

Unreal!
He is what his record says he is...very real.

I don’t ever lower my expectations in any way. But I also have vast experience in assessing executive talent at the highest level. Flores has solid leadership talent and a drive to succeed. He’s not perfect and needs to learn to bring in the proper supporting staff, but he will get there.

I’m also wise enough to never refer to any human being as garbage (even failed coaches like Philbin, Cameron and Gase).
Hes not garbage...hes just inept as Head Coach.

One doesn't need vast experience in assessing talent at the highest level to realize Flores in floundering. But if you have any exposure to success and failure, it's obvious that Flores has failed.

Okay...looking at Flores right now, what are his best qualities as a coach? What is he good at?

Hes not garbage...hes just inept as Head Coach.

One doesn't need vast experience in assessing talent at the highest level to realize Flores in floundering. But if you have any exposure to success and failure, it's obvious that Flores has failed.
Ok thank you for showing me the error of my ways. I’ll make sure to change my judgement on talent, business, success, and devote the rest of my life to a continual pursuit of finding all things negative in others. I’ll take particular delight in blaming those who work their way up (Flores) get hired as a first time executive in a turnaround situation which has been floundering for decades, and aren’t up to your standards in the beginning of their 3rd year on the job.

I will awake each morning, flip off the ugly sunrise and spend the day spewing venom on this site against all things Miami Dolphins in the vain hope that the Phins owner will fire the GM, Coaching Staff, Players, and then sell the team to a new owner who will immediately call you for advice.

Why don’t you either buy the Phins or offer your services as Czar of Football Operations?

I would like to wish you a good day, but I don’t want to offend you. Because each day that Flores remains the coach seems to offend you.

Phins Up (Up meaning positive)

There should be a concern based on what Flores did regarding his offensive coaches, but I believe it is too early to decide that Flores is NOT the guy yet. The offense is like a drowning man and is dragging the rest of the team down with him. Since it was designed for Tua, let's see how we do after he comes back and gets 3 or 4 games under his belt. Then we should have a better idea of what kind of coach Flores is.

smallcraftwarning.gif

(sigh) Wasn't saying the men in charge themselves before Flores is garbage. Their work performance and results produced were garbage.

There should be a concern based on what Flores did regarding his offensive coaches, but I believe it is too early to decide that Flores is NOT the guy yet. The offense is like a drowning man and is dragging the rest of the team down with him. Since it was designed for Tua, let's see how we do after he comes back and gets 3 or 4 games under his belt. Then we should have a better idea of what kind of coach Flores is.

View attachment 86711
Offense is drowning. How's the defense and special teams this season?

Flo isn't what I expected him to be and I was really on his bandwagon. His penchant of using coaches with little or no experience for the job at hand and the constant turnaround of same is concerning. I can't imagine he will succeed with that style and the horrible offense and oline is the product. I am disappointed and really surprised he is so stubborn about it.
I was too and still am but let's just say I'm now facing the exit of the bandwagon. He needs to check his ego at the door and accept that a lot of his decisions were mistakes. All that talk about putting the best players on the field to win games last year, we'll let's see that know starting with yanking Jackson and Coleman from playing this week. If I see those two playing significant snap again s vs Tampa then I'm going to lose a lot more faith in Flores.

Back
Top Bottom