Brian Flores is Sabotaging His Career | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores is Sabotaging His Career

phins_4_ever

E12 FH Tailgate Gang
Reaction score
This is a pretty good article but you have to read it all the way. Don't be fooled by the first few paragraphs.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/do...X7fUEe_r9BxGzzRKl--dV7c2i5uE2LuvWpdOsbqx7RsSk

That was a rollercoaster of an article but well worth the read. Thanks.

The truth is we don't truly know what we have in Flores. As a thread mentioned the other day, it's been a win against a really bad Jets team and a win against a backup QB.

But all signs point to Flores is the HC we've been hoping for. Week after week, the team plays harder and harder.

I don't think tanking was ever in the books. Why have Grier and Ross allowed Flores to start Fitz? This is the question, for me, that puts the aiming to tank philosophy to rest. If I'm Ross and tanking is the priority, I'd call a meeting with Grier and Flores explaining to Flores that we need to see what Rosen has to offer so he needs to start.

The question, to me, is not what Flores is doing but what Grier is going to do. With so many picks, Grier has to have a stellar draft regardless of what record we end up with.

The truth is we don't truly know what we have in Flores. As a thread mentioned the other day, it's been a win against a really bad Jets team and a win against a backup QB.

But all signs point to Flores is the HC we've been hoping for. Week after week, the team plays harder and harder.

I don't think tanking was ever in the books. Why have Grier and Ross allowed Flores to start Fitz? This is the question, for me, that puts the aiming to tank philosophy to rest. If I'm Ross and tanking is the priority, I'd call a meeting with Grier and Flores explaining to Flores that we need to see what Rosen has to offer so he needs to start.

The question, to me, is not what Flores is doing but what Grier is going to do. With so many picks, Grier has to have a stellar draft regardless of what record we end up with.

While I agree, I have this repulsion to moving goalposts.
'Miami doesn't have the talent to beat the Jets - they win 100-0. OOPS, well, the Jets are a bad team.'
'Colts 110, Miami 0. Even Hoyer can outplay RF and their WRs are STILL better than Miami's DBs. OOPS, well, that was a 3rd string QB with a team full of injuries.'
Enough. Miami beat two teams slated to beat them. Miami - a team of scrubs and players who won't be in the NFL next year look like an NFL team. No, not a playoff team. No, they still wouldn't beat BALT, but not the talentless 0-16 many predicted.

Enough of venting. Good article. Flores has shown there is talent on the team if the HC knows how to tap it - something Miami hasn't seen in too long. The O still needs work, there are still holes, but, to date, Flo is showing he IS an NFL coach and hates the 'l' word.

More concerned about Grier. 30-40 % of the opinion that Grier can do what it takes to turn this around. Lol.....The other 60-70 % is quietly waiting for the other shoe to drop.

The coaching players up and seeing them up is more exciting than looking forward to the #1 overall pick. Draft picks are useless if you can’t coach them correctly.
Amen. There has to be something good established before the haul from the next two drafts arrives. Flo is doing that, and I'm thrilled.

A win against a really bad Jets team...the same Jets team which was supposed to be close to a playoff spot this year playing their franchise QB and having a RB we could only dream of. Beating a 5-3 Colts game with a QB who just the week before had a 65% completion rate and 3TDs and 1 INT against a tough Steelers defense.
Considering we were supposed to be the garbage pile of the NFL both wins were mega accomplishments. Using the phrases "bad Jets team" and "against backup QB" takes away from what this team and coaching staff has accomplished.

I am watching this entire season with a delight. We were so bad in the beginning and 1/3 of our roster joined the team the week leading up to our season opener. In one interview Fitz said that there were a whole bunch of players who had to use Google maps to find their way to the stadium for our home opener.
But this coaching staff has made this bunch of outcasts into a competitive team - one week at a time, one quarter at a time, one half at a time. Forget the close game against the Redskins but the games in Pittsburgh and in Buffalo we have played some of our best football in the first half. It was just a matter of time for the first win.

Sure we do not know how Flores will do in the future but this season is a wonderful indication. A coach which has coached this team so well that despite our hapless efforts early on we are among the lowest penalized teams. Every single game every player played their hardest to the very end - even in those blowout games. No player ever took off. They made individual mistakes, yes, but lack of effort is not and was not one of the problems. That shows that the team totally bought into the "work effort" and "always give your best" attitude instilled by this coaching staff. I can't wait to see what Flores and Co can do with better talent.

Which brings us to Grier. Flores and Grier are attached to each other. The draft will be one aspect. FA, UDFAS and the waiver wires will be another aspect. And knowing where Flores comes from we will make heavy use of the UDFA and the "garbage pile" of other teams. Grier also has one of the best HCs you can imagine for identifying talent. Flores went through the scouting departments with the Patriots. It was his bread and butter for many years. They will be working hand in hand and between the two I have no doubt they will acquire the talent we need.
Grier's offseason moves last year were absolutely stunning. Some called it a purge. I call it streamlining by getting rid of players who did not play up to their contracts while accumulating draft picks and freeing the cap up which others might have taken years to do.

The tandem Flores/Grier will have a total of 3 years to get us better. Based on this year the future looks brighter than it has ever.

It's a fine read but a little too rosy and confident. I agree the improvement on the field is encouraging, but let's see if that improvement (not necessarily the winning) is consistent or holds up against a little stiffer competition before leaping onto the bandwagon.

'Miami doesn't have the talent to beat the Jets - they win 100-0. OOPS, well, the Jets are a bad team.'
'Colts 110, Miami 0. Even Hoyer can outplay RF and their WRs are STILL better than Miami's DBs. OOPS, well, that was a 3rd string QB with a team full of injuries.'
Enough. Miami beat two teams slated to beat them. Miami - a team of scrubs and players who won't be in the NFL next year look like an NFL team. No, not a playoff team. No, they still wouldn't beat BALT, but not the talentless 0-16 many predicted.

Enough of venting. Good article. Flores has shown there is talent on the team if the HC knows how to tap it - something Miami hasn't seen in too long. The O still needs work, there are still holes, but, to date, Flo is showing he IS an NFL coach and hates the 'l' word.

You have to keep a level head.

I specifically stated that we found ourselves a head coach. But we have lost the team in the second half of 2 games that could've been a victory.

I don't care how much I love Flores and if you've ever read any of my prior posts on Flores you would know that it's a plethora. I'm going to wear both shoes because the intelligent mind should be able to hold opposing thoughts. For example; there is a God, there might not be a God (sorry to get religious).

I'm not stating that you are unintelligent and if you'd know me in person you would see that I am more of a caveman than I am smart. But the rose-colored glasses always seem to come on for the unapologetic fans that become infatuated with the shiny thing.

We have what appears to be a very good head coach. And I'm all in.

But forgive me for not crowning him yet despite me being in love with him. Even Ross said if it takes 5 years.

Gase took us to the playoffs his first year. Look how that turned out.

The problem is the fans want it now. Right now. You won't give a player a few years to see what he is and Flores off of 2 wins is already the man.

Chill out. Time will tell.

As of this moment, it seems as though we found ourselves a real head coach.

A win against a really bad Jets team...the same Jets team which was supposed to be close to a playoff spot this year playing their franchise QB and having a RB we could only dream of. Beating a 5-3 Colts game with a QB who just the week before had a 65% completion rate and 3TDs and 1 INT against a tough Steelers defense.
Considering we were supposed to be the garbage pile of the NFL both wins were mega accomplishments. Using the phrases "bad Jets team" and "against backup QB" takes away from what this team and coaching staff has accomplished.

I am watching this entire season with a delight. We were so bad in the beginning and 1/3 of our roster joined the team the week leading up to our season opener. In one interview Fitz said that there were a whole bunch of players who had to use Google maps to find their way to the stadium for our home opener.
But this coaching staff has made this bunch of outcasts into a competitive team - one week at a time, one quarter at a time, one half at a time. Forget the close game against the Redskins but the games in Pittsburgh and in Buffalo we have played some of our best football in the first half. It was just a matter of time for the first win.

Sure we do not know how Flores will do in the future but this season is a wonderful indication. A coach which has coached this team so well that despite our hapless efforts early on we are among the lowest penalized teams. Every single game every player played their hardest to the very end - even in those blowout games. No player ever took off. They made individual mistakes, yes, but lack of effort is not and was not one of the problems. That shows that the team totally bought into the "work effort" and "always give your best" attitude instilled by this coaching staff. I can't wait to see what Flores and Co can do with better talent.

Which brings us to Grier. Flores and Grier are attached to each other. The draft will be one aspect. FA, UDFAS and the waiver wires will be another aspect. And knowing where Flores comes from we will make heavy use of the UDFA and the "garbage pile" of other teams. Grier also has one of the best HCs you can imagine for identifying talent. Flores went through the scouting departments with the Patriots. It was his bread and butter for many years. They will be working hand in hand and between the two I have no doubt they will acquire the talent we need.
Grier's offseason moves last year were absolutely stunning. Some called it a purge. I call it streamlining by getting rid of players who did not play up to their contracts while accumulating draft picks and freeing the cap up which others might have taken years to do.

The tandem Flores/Grier will have a total of 3 years to get us better. Based on this year the future looks brighter than it has ever.

Considering we were 10+ point dogs to both those teams I think any win is an impressive win this year.

Again, to me, it's all about keeping a level head. If it seems as though I'm taking away from the wins, so be it. I stated facts.

This is what crushes souls around here because we build something up to such heights that the fall results in pitchforks after a single year.

Say we sign the best of FA and draft exceptionally well and next year results in a losing record. We will see this forum turn faster than a werewolf in a full moon.

Flores is going to need more time and I'd like this forum to give it to him. Most everyone is expecting a one year turn around now that we've seen how this bottom of the league talents have played their hearts out for the man- how disciplined he has made us, hiw he hasn't lost the locker room.

But all in good time. Because I know this forum. I've been following it for a very long time and we crown players/coaches only to crucify them after a single year.

Me? Uh uh. Nah. I'm going to give the man time. And if what he is currently displaying any indication of things to come, we are looking to be a rising team in due time.

Back
Top Bottom