Brian Flores is Sabotaging His Career | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores is Sabotaging His Career

Again, to me, it's all about keeping a level head. If it seems as though I'm taking away from the wins, so be it. I stated facts.

This is what crushes souls around here because we build something up to such heights that the fall results in pitchforks after a single year.

Say we sign the best of FA and draft exceptionally well and next year results in a losing record. We will see this forum turn faster than a werewolf in a full moon.

Flores is going to need more time and I'd like this forum to give it to him. Most everyone is expecting a one year turn around now that we've seen how this bottom of the league talents have played their hearts out for the man- how disciplined he has made us, hiw he hasn't lost the locker room.

But all in good time. Because I know this forum. I've been following it for a very long time and we crown players/coaches only to crucify them after a single year.

Me? Uh uh. Nah. I'm going to give the man time. And if what he is currently displaying any indication of things to come, we are looking to be a rising team in due time.

Again, we agree. And I'm certain you'll agree there is no harm in being encouraged by short-term events as long as those aren't used to 'prove' a long-term change. Thus, tankers used the 1st 4 games to 'prove' their point. Now, the anti-tankers are using 2 wins to 'prove' theirs. Nope. I'm encouraged by the teams play the last 5 games, but all that proves is the team has progressed.

I have passionately defended Colin. My parents immigrated from a place that could find you jailed or shot for any protest, even if it's a personal conversation with a friend. My grandfather was jailed 3 times simply because 2 of his brothers joined the revolution.

Blackballing Colin for peaceful protest in the land of the free, home of the brave was/is sickening. Even if he wore the socks of the man who took away my family's farms/land. They weren't rich but they were very well off.

Our forefathers fought very hard to give Colin the right to kneel, wear the socks, etc.

But I digress. No way, no how do I want that distraction. I don't care how good he may look.

As some of our more political friends have said, 'free speech has consequences.'
I'm interested in this. It's not that owners and GMs don't want Kap, but a heavy dose of ticket buyers are offended. A large part of any team's decision will have a political tint. He has the talent. Will he get support?

As some of our more political friends have said, 'free speech has consequences.'
I'm interested in this. It's not that owners and GMs don't want Kap, but a heavy dose of ticket buyers are offended. A large part of any team's decision will have a political tint. He has the talent. Will he get support?

Ticket buyers will remain ticket buyers. Colin will never move the needle on that.

In Gase's time, I had much rather given Colin a chance instead of coaxing whats his name out of retirement.

But we have yet to lay a foundation, talent wise, for this rebuild. The draft will hopefully take care of that. The young guys coming in don't need the distraction the media is going to create.

And any winner would receive support. Take the most Colin anti-fan you can find, let Colin go 5-0 to start the season for said fan's team and all would be forgiven. Winning cures all.

Regarding freedom of speech/expression, if you're not breaking the law, there shouldn't be any consequences.

I wonder what would come to pass if Brady were to take a knee. Goodell would probably go out of his way to make sure a pillow is placed under that knee to ensure optimal comfort.

IMO, because we are starting from the soil up, because we are cultivating a new culture, no talent is worth the risk of probable chaos.

Like someone else said: we have one of the worst rosters. Everybody said so: the media, other NFL teams, our own fans. We were/are totally devoid of any NFL talent. We were underdogs at home against a 1-6 Jets team and double digit underdogs in Indianapolis which was 5-3, came home from a close loss in Pittsburgh in which their "****ty" backup QB threw for 3TDs, 1INT with a 65% completion rate.

I said from the beginning of the season that evaluating the coaching staff is beyond wins and losses. The improvement over the course of the season are there. Every single game. We dominated Pittsburgh (on Monday Night no less) and Buffalo in the 1st halves. Not only on the score board but also based on every stat and every play. Both home crowds were booing the living **** out of their own teams. The problem was that this team was/is so devoid of talent that we could not overcome individual mistakes and bad plays and were unable to turn the momentum back towards us. It held true for the loss in Pittsburgh after the 3rd and 27 botched call and it held true for that INT on a drive which lasted 10 minutes (!!!!!) and featured a faked FG.

If we played the Colts game 3 weeks earlier we would have lost the game: with or without Hoyer starting. We made enough mistakes and goofball plays (especially on offense) that a few weeks earlier we would not have recovered. But the last game we fought through it for the first time.

We may not win another game but as long as there is progress it is a positive. We may win 4 out of the last 7. But like I said "wins and losses" cannot be used as an evaluation tool.

And one thing: our devoid of talent roster was also missing its starting RB and top talented WR in the last game and one of its to DBs (X) next to missing in action Jones. We still won.

Not trying to take away from it, just saying I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon if I don't see some level of consistency. The Phins won some games under Gase when pretty much the entire secondary was injured. Obviously not as bad as our roster now but we've been burned before by seemingly surprising results.

I agree with everything except Eric Rowe being a good corner. He is God awful
I wouldn't say he is god awful. :lol:
He is not one of the best and brightest we had over the years. He does have some good plays once in a while unfortuntely his "mishaps" always end up on the highlight reels. :lol:
He is only on a 1-year contract with us and should he stick he would be considered depth at the backfield position. We definitely had worse than him.
He seems to be confused a lot of times. He doesn't know if he should play the ball and interfere with the receiver or play the receiver and react to the receiver without interfering. He tends to do the opposite what he should do or is allowed to do vs what he should not do.

What gets a GM and Coach fired the quickest in this league? Picking the wrong QB. You know what is not gonna matter next year? winning 3 games in 2019. You know what will matter? If we picked the right QB. So yeah, if we play ourselves out of the top two QBs in a year where playoffs are not possible then yeah he's putting his career on the line for 1 or 2 extra wins which means nothing at the end of this season. He had a get out of jail free card this year. Should have used it wisely.
B I N G O

And the brass all but wasted that 2nd round lottery ticket I mean draft pick on Rosen

And maybe it was good value at the time but dude wouldn’t fetch a 2nd rounder again

that is why they call it gambling

I know people think he is being blackballed but the fact of the matter is Colin really wasn't that good after the superbowl with the Niners, If he didn't have the controversy yes he could have been a decent backup but to start.. pssh no thank you

His last season played he started 12 games threw 16 tds and 4 int's 6.6 ypp. That might not sound terrible but that is just barely over 1 td a game and the ypp was bad.. That won't cut it in the NFL and he completed no greater then 60 percent of his passes.

Season before that was even worse 9 games 6 tds 5 int's.. He became more of a game manager rather then a weapon like he started out I don't know what wen't wrong, maybe teams figured him out but he regressed it seemed pretty substantially past his first few years.

He is not one of the best and brightest we had over the years. He does have some good plays once in a while unfortuntely his "mishaps" always end up on the highlight reels. :lol:
He is only on a 1-year contract with us and should he stick he would be considered depth at the backfield position. We definitely had worse than him.
He seems to be confused a lot of times. He doesn't know if he should play the ball and interfere with the receiver or play the receiver and react to the receiver without interfering. He tends to do the opposite what he should do or is allowed to do vs what he should not do.

Ask the question would any one keep Rowe as depth and obviously a cheaper option, then paying out Jones and his contract for next season?
I'm not certain what the payout would be. Or keep Jones?

Since moving to safety due to injuries Rowe has actually been pretty good.

Agree. His biggest liability is the mental part

I mean I swear the guy looks like he is lost on almost every play. Maybe im just being harsh about him being God awful though. I do remember Cameron Worrell, so he is a notch below that.

Back
Top Bottom