***brian Flores Super Thread*** | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***brian Flores Super Thread***

Feels like a human spare in bowling to take a page from awsis book.

Same for a jim Caldwell hire as oc if that was to happen.

Kinda meh feel for me but I guess we will see.

If this is official I can only surmise Richard turned them down. They didn’t even give either a second interview.

Flores was the candidate the impressed me the least, but I’ll give him a chance to prove me wrong. Hopefully he is either great or terrible immediately so we can draft a top QB.

No doubt in my mind Richard is going to go on to be an elite HC somewhere, maybe even at Dallas. Sucks for us

Last edited:
Last off-season, Belichick felt that Flores wasn't ready to be a defensive coordinator and decided to effectively roll with a vacancy at the position instead.

I'm curious what you think has transpired in the past year to elevate Flores from "not ready to be a coordinator" to "ready to be given the keys to the franchise"?

It's a genuine question. If we're really going to go this route, I'd love to have my mind changed so I can try to muster some optimism.

Not sure where you are getting this info he didn't think he was ready. Belichick LOVES Flores. He is treating him EXACTLY how he was treated by Parcells. Earn his stripes. Parcells didn't promote Belichick and gave him the exact same treatment Belicheck is giving Flores. He sees a lot of potential in Flores and wants him to work his ass off for it. For Patricia he could care less.

What happened to the 2nd interview with Richard? Guess not

Dallas really wants to keep him. He wasp robably given assurances of advancement in that organization. It's a no brainer for him.

Why come to Miami where the owner is telling you "Yeah, we're about to go tank" and the team has been a mess for 20 years, when you can have the fast track up in the most popular team in pro football that is currently in the divisional round of the playoffs?

Eh maybe we take a flier and it works out. But that's what it feels like, a shot in the dark.

I do genuinely see the leadership that people talk about and Palpatine is clearly a fan, but it feels like this is a hire you should be making is 2021 not 2019

Not as risky as Taylor getting the Bengals job for sitting on the Rams sideline though

Belichick is a fan of EVERYONE. I never heard the guy avoid heaping praise on any one he is asked about.

We just hired Belichick-Yes-Man-#12.

Dallas really wants to keep him. He wasp robably given assurances of advancement in that organization. It's a no brainer for him.

Why come to Miami where the owner is telling you "Yeah, we're about to go tank" and the team has been a mess for 20 years, when you can have the fast track up in the most popular team in pro football that is currently in the divisional round of the playoffs?

You're probably right. And by the same token, Flores was probably about to be replaced by a more seasoned DC. They seem hot on Schiano coming in, so they are probably anxious to get rid of him.

This team never learns. The list of failed NE coaches keeps growing by the season and what do we do? Hire an NE coach.

Back
Top Bottom