***brian Flores Super Thread*** | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***brian Flores Super Thread***

I hope so. Trying hard to get on board after wanting Richard.
Your posts are always level-headed I'd do what I'm doing man just wait and see. I do like the fact that he has had experience consistently in a lot of different levels within an organization that wins. From everything that I've heard or read he's a very intelligent person. I would figure that he's going to be able to take everything he's learned from all the different positions that he's held within a winning organization and make them his own and understand what it takes to do that. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for sure, I'm going to wait and see what coordinators and what type of Staff he brings with him. I do think the staff that he's able to compile with people with head coaching experience, hopefully will show what respect he carries from fellow coaches throughout the NFL and that will be very telling to the success he may have.

Not sure where you are getting this info he didn't think he was ready. Belichick LOVES Flores. He is treating him EXACTLY how he was treated by Parcells. Earn his stripes. Parcells didn't promote Belichick and gave him the exact same treatment Belicheck is giving Flores. He sees a lot of potential in Flores and wants him to work his *** off for it. For Patricia he could care less.

I didn't say Belichick doesn't love Flores. I said last off-season he didn't feel Flores was ready for the defensive coordinator job. That's a fact, given that Flores wasn't named defensive coordinator.

Instead, Flores was kept at linebackers coach and given defensive play calling duties. It was effectively a chance to prove himself.

Had Belichick felt Flores was ready to be the defensive coordinator, he would be the defensive coordinator.

Both coaches are still in the playoffs. There can't be a hire and the chances for extensive 2nd interviews are limited.
Who would be better? Who knows. Depends on who you asked. Both were only a limited time DCs (1 year vs 2 years).
When you take a young coordinator and promote him to HC all bets are off.
Gase was highly recommended and sought after and look where we ended up.

No matter who we pick there will never be a consensus among fans or media. We roll the dice with either one and all we can hope for to have found the next long term solution.

Charles Robinson
@CharlesRobinson

Source close to #Dolphins says #Patriots linebackers coach Brian Flores “blew away” GM Chris Grier in the process. #Cowboys Kris Richard a strong second. Don’t be surprised if Dallas now finds a way to promote Richard to DC and give Rod Marinelli a senior defensive advisor role
If this is about the “Patriot Way” garbage Ross is obsessed with Ross should sell the team if this blows up in their face like it usually does

I'm a little hammered so excuse me if i overstep, but i think some of the members here would be upset whomever we pick. I'm not saying he is going to be great, because I don't know. Some members of Finheaven like RobertHorry and ChamberWI( who i really respect) who seem pretty high on Flores. Its been decades since we have be relevant so lets see how it goes before we call the executioner.

<Sips Scotch and sits back down> Maybe i will grab a cigar and watch the debate here on Finheaven.

Back
Top Bottom