Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected

Wouldn't shock me at all.

I don't care about anything said or "5 year contract" he is not guaranteed a job after a terrible season.

I doubt itll happen, but anything is possible.

Grier is not the man for the long term rebuild and his time here should have expired a long time ago. Ross wanted to keep the tear down in-house with Grier. If he would have went outside, he wouldn’t have convinced the new GM to tank. Who, with any talent, would really want to be told to sabotage their team? Grier was the easy move and he’s easily replaceable. Plus Grier thought, “I just got a raise, what do I have to lose?” Ross hired a placeholder coach with Flores, while he waits for Jim Harbaugh; Lincoln Riley; or Matt Campbell to maybe make the pro move next year. After all, they have actually been head coaches. He’s basically using Flores/Grier as a means to an end, and while that isn’t noble, it’s also business. Ross will woo a legit GM candidate and coach next year. They have too many draft resources not too. And Flores will live to see another day as a defensive assistant somewhere while he collects a lot of money from Ross for being a patsy.

While hopeful I doubt ross has that much foresight

I wasn't a fan of him getting hired from the get-go
I wasn’t either at first and then I started to slowly change my mind and then Sunday happened. I really wasn’t happy with any of the first year candidates for coach. Miami needs a veteran coach to help steer a rebuild. First time coaches are more suited for franchises that are more stable and have better pieces already in place.

I've lost some faith in this coaching staff and front office, so I would not blame Ross for doing the same.

Someone is responsible for not making adjustments once Lamar Jackson started carving up the defense, and they should've been prepared for that possibility from the beginning. What Graham said in the postgame conference was disheartening, to say the least.

The tank is full speed ahead, if we don't see any encouraging signs out of the coaching staff all year, who cares? Let Ross replace them. With a top QB, picks, and money, he'll certainly have a better selection to choose from.

I've lost some faith in this coaching staff and front office, so I would not blame Ross for doing the same.

Someone is responsible for not making adjustments once Lamar Jackson started carving up the defense, and they should've been prepared for that possibility from the beginning. What Graham said in the postgame conference was disheartening, to say the least.

The tank is full speed ahead, if we don't see any encouraging signs out of the coaching staff all year, who cares? Let Ross replace them. With a top QB, picks, and money, he'll certainly have a better selection to choose from.
I’m not going to be fully excited about next year with all the picks and money if the coaching doesn’t get better and last year’s draft picks start showing growth. Otherwise like you said what does it matter how many draft picks you have if you don’t have the coaches to coach them up or even the right GM to pick the right players in the first place.

I’m not going to be fully excited about next year with all the picks and money if the coaching doesn’t get better and last year’s draft picks start showing growth. Otherwise like you said what does it matter how many draft picks you have if you don’t have the coaches to coach them up or even the right GM to pick the right players in the first place.

Of course. But if this season is the disaster we're on trajectory for, I would not be surprised if Ross canned them all. God only knows who he'd bring in next, but this whole crew could be gone next year at this rate.

It was widely speculated Ross wanted to trade down for Lamar Jackson & he could not have been happy watching that massacre live. It was rumored that the team has been pitching the idea of tanking for Tua (or even Herbert, insert top QB here) to potential candidates since early in the offseason. That could possibly be his ticket to bring in a more attractive coach, GM, or both. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Flores may not be here for the duration of his 5 year contract but he's sure gonna be around for at least 2 and probably 3 seasons for a few reasons:
  • Grier is following Ross's mandate to tear down and rebuild; Flores had to be knowledgeable of this and assured he would not be penalized for poor play by the scrubs he's stuck with.
  • It's the right thing to do on Ross's part; you don't hire under certain understandings and then go against your word and fire him and his entire staff; it's morally wrong and a tremendous red flag for any subsequent incoming coaches.
  • More pragmatically speaking, after the Stills political call-out and his subsequent trading, Ross's forced "resignation" by the Players Coalition for the social working justice committee, the optics of firing a black head coach after selling him a bill of goods would be horrendous and Ross knows that.
It just ain't gonna happen!

Flores may not be here for the duration of his 5 year contract but he's sure gonna be around for at least 2 and probably 3 seasons for a few reasons:
  • Grier is following Ross's mandate to tear down and rebuild; Flores had to be knowledgeable of this and assured he would not be penalized for poor play by the scrubs he's stuck with.
  • It's the right thing to do on Ross's part; you don't hire under certain understandings and then go against your word and fire him and his entire staff; it's morally wrong and a tremendous red flag for any subsequent incoming coaches.
  • More pragmatically speaking, after the Stills political call-out and his subsequent trading, Ross's forced "resignation" by the Players Coalition for the social working justice committee, the optics of firing a black head coach after selling him a bill of goods would be horrendous and Ross knows that.
It just ain't gonna happen!
You are killing the mandate of those that decided after Sunday's one game Flores has to go.

Oh Yea he wasn't their choice anyway so agenda in overdrive.

Soooooooooooooo, lemme make sure I've got this right.

1. The owner, GM and entire front office hire this guy for 5 years with a plan in place to tank and build the team in years 2 and 3.
2. The GM and owner let it slip pre-draft that they're tanking, then try to walk back their statements with some tepid mealy mouthed BS about competing, which everyone sees through and knows is a smokescreen.
3. The Coach talks about competing and still acknowledges that it can't all happen over night.
4. We gut the roster removing ALL of our pass rushers without replacing them whatsoever, get rid of ALL of our veterans except the most problematic contract we can't get out from under until next year (Reshad Jones), but we still try for a long time to trade that guy.
5. We drastically overhaul our roster literally less than a week before the season begins trading our best offensive player and bringing in a total of 4 new OL, 3 of whom played in week 1, and we shift our RT to LT with less than a week to prepare.
6. After telling the world in every conceivable way that we're tanking, we play the first game--and lose badly--now all of a sudden something has changed?

W. T. F. ?!?!?!?!!?!?

Things are going according to the script … why would anyone be fired? Everyone signed off on this, why would they change opinions now? We literally changed every single scheme and system we had, fired our OL coach late in the preseason, blew up the OL during the week before the first game, and never once even looked at a single guy who could provide a pass rush in the draft or FA. Ummmm, this is how we expected it to go. This is how we planned for it to go. Sure, losing 20-17 would have been easier to stomach … but we intentionally made ourselves bad, because we want to tank.

Coach Flo might be fired, but it's not going to be in 2019, I'm very confident of that.

I wanted Kris Richard, and was a bit disappointed when it wasn’t him, but that being sad this talk is ridiculous.

If Ross fires Flo after EXPLICITLY saying any HC gets a pass on the first year rebuild, It would mean the end of any serious staff talent ever coming to this team until Ross sells or dies...

Back
Top Bottom