Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores' Tenure in Miami Could End Sooner Than Expected

Why does everyone act like the anti-Flores crowd is talking about firing Flores tomorrow?

If these performances continue, and there are no signs of improved coaching, and the team finishes 0-16 or 1-15, I can’t see any legitimate reason why Flores shouldn’t be subject to being replaced. Same with Grier.

If you think he’s the wrong hire after 16 games, you don’t let him influence six draft picks in the first three rounds and free agent signings in the offseason.

[QUOTE="Dolph N.Fan, post: 7999910, member: 41119"

Just think it’s interesting that Flores and Grier could possibly be tanking for another Coach and GM to use their resources they’re tanking for lol
[/QUOTE]

Not gonna lie, it's crossed my mind that Flores is being used a the tweener coach with hopes of tanking and luring the "top hot" coach with the #1 overall pick next season. Similar to Hugh Jackson....

Yeah but if that's his strong suit then that's what he should be doing instead of giving it to someone who's never done it before. That's what got him the job here not his outstanding leadership and organizational skills.

Why does everyone act like the anti-Flores crowd is talking about firing Flores tomorrow?

If these performances continue, and there are no signs of improved coaching, and the team finishes 0-16 or 1-15, I can’t see any legitimate reason why Flores shouldn’t be subject to being replaced. Same with Grier.

If you think he’s the wrong hire after 16 games, you don’t let him influence six draft picks in the first three rounds and free agent signings in the offseason.

New here? You post anything critical of the phins and the super fans jump down your throat at light speed. It has to be all pro dolphins talk all the time to some

Grier is not the man for the long term rebuild and his time here should have expired a long time ago. Ross wanted to keep the tear down in-house with Grier. If he would have went outside, he wouldn’t have convinced the new GM to tank. Who, with any talent, would really want to be told to sabotage their team? Grier was the easy move and he’s easily replaceable. Plus Grier thought, “I just got a raise, what do I have to lose?” Ross hired a placeholder coach with Flores, while he waits for Jim Harbaugh; Lincoln Riley; or Matt Campbell to maybe make the pro move next year. After all, they have actually been head coaches. He’s basically using Flores/Grier as a means to an end, and while that isn’t noble, it’s also business. Ross will woo a legit GM candidate and coach next year. They have too many draft resources not too. And Flores will live to see another day as a defensive assistant somewhere while he collects a lot of money from Ross for being a patsy.
I have always suspected this as a possibility. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if a big name like Harbaugh becomes available in a year or two and takes over once we have the qb in place.

Because the "Anti-Flores" crowd doesn't even have TWO games as a baseline.
Clearly, their rhetoric isn't based on any game-to-game-to-game evaluation.
Which any sensible and level headed person would use as their point of contention.

The defense quit on the second play of the game when they were blown up for a 49 yard run by Ingram. It only got worse from there.

More here: https://thebiglead.com/2019/09/10/brian-flores-fired-dolphins-nfl/

First off I’m not saying I agree with this article. However before people say well Flores got a 5 year contract he’s immune to a firing. These contracts for coaches mean absolutely nothing. An owner will pay them to go away in a heart beat if they’re stinking up the joint. This is the only year Flores is 100% immune from a firing imo.

Just think it’s interesting that Flores and Grier could possibly be tanking for another Coach and GM to use their resources they’re tanking for lol

Haha, losing the locker room???? Hahaha, 80% of those slugs won’t even be on the roster next year
Losing the locker room, that’s hysterical.
Wasted thread

Players have been doing whatever they want on this team for a long time. I have to applaud Flores for standing his ground. He wants to do what's best for this team. I don't know how good of a HC he's going to be but he won't keep players here that won't get with the program. If you have an agenda you're out of the team. Very simple. Do your job and you'll be fine. Don't do your job or free lance and you're gone.

I just took a large poop. Can I wipe it on some paper and pretend it's Miami related football article. I mean it was a really big poop. The media would be impressed. They are all just so unbiased and really reporting the truth guys. And serious it was big.

I think Flores will lose the locker room quick if he hasn't already, this was my concern for this season.

I've said it many times, we are not deliberately trying to lose any games this year, we are rebuilding. When a new coaching staff comes it is very common that they cut veterans or trade them away. The tunsil trade was just too good to turn down. Have we ever got that high of picks in return for a two players ever? Neither of which have even been to a pro Bowl or were all pros.

The game plan is not to lose each week and from all accounts we are playing the best players we have which is the real problem, we lack talent and depth because we are trying to get younger to build for the future, there is no deliberate tanking. No one expected us to be competitive this because of our roster. I mean c'mon we weren't going anywhere with the veterans that we had. We had to do this in order to reach our ultimate goal.

This year is going to be a painful season to watch and next year probably won't be much better. I'm already looking forward to the offseason.

We need more time to really evaluate Flores but that first game was unacceptable and if we continue to see performances or lack thereof like that again Flores won't be around to help make this team competitive again.

The “Fire XXX” brigade would be advocating for anyone to be fired, no matter who they were, for the satisfaction of being “t3h furst!!!” to say they were always in favor of firing XXX.

It’s one game. One game.

Back
Top Bottom