Brian Flores will be back next year - He's earned it | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores will be back next year - He's earned it

Hopefully, Flores will come back next year with a full stomach of humble pie.

He's going to do the following: Hire the best guys on the planet to fix the OL coaching and bring in an unquestionably innovative OC.

COMMIT TO TUA. That is the most important factor to Flores and his redemption tour. After we fail to sneak in at 10-7 come out and say Tua is our QB next year and we are going to build this team around him. End the debate. End the speculation. Let Watson go to Carolina or some other team that really has a QB problem. We don't.

Align with Grier and spend whatever money you need to shore up the OL.

Flores is proving to adapt, to keep her team together despite the entire world counting us out. He made many mistakes this off-season and year but he can redeem himself. And have no doubt that he will.

Let's ****ing go!!!

Let’s not jump the gun….I’m not jumping on the “Status Quo” until I see the final 5 games….he hasn’t earned it yet….but the soft schedule left is his opportunity!

Nothing that’s occured changes the dysfunction we have witnessed from Flores!

Just as Tua’s good play does not erase the injury history…only time and proving it can do that!

There is much to be learned from the rest of the season…and it will primarily decide the future going forward!

Still no actual, decent running game that is going to win you games or drive you down the field, OL still a mess, basically one WR and TE that is doing anything and a QB that has not had imo the full support of his HC. Add in a 1-7 start which will once again see our team not competing for the East let alone a Playoff space.
Positives. The team is still playing for him and the Defense has finally shown up to last seasons standards. Oh and Tua who has basically given the bird to the doubters and his HC who wouldn't give him 100% support when answering questions about Watson.
Sorry but I think there has got to be a better HC out there that can fix the problems. Flores is doing some things right but it's like the team is not progressing. Don't start me with Grier.

Hopefully, Flores will come back next year with a full stomach of humble pie.

He's going to do the following: Hire the best guys on the planet to fix the OL coaching and bring in an unquestionably innovative OC.

COMMIT TO TUA. That is the most important factor to Flores and his redemption tour. After we fail to sneak in at 10-7 come out and say Tua is our QB next year and we are going to build this team around him. End the debate. End the speculation. Let Watson go to Carolina or some other team that really has a QB problem. We don't.

Align with Grier and spend whatever money you need to shore up the OL.

Flores is proving to adapt, to keep her team together despite the entire world counting us out. He made many mistakes this off-season and year but he can redeem himself. And have no doubt that he will.

Let's ****ing go!!!
Initially I was a Flores Supporter and lately have fallen off that bandwagon. I attended the game yesterday and immediately felt similar to your post. We walked back to our post game tailgate and talked about the status of the fins. Our final thoughts were that it is great to be on a winning streak but it is to early to give a thumbs up or down on Flores. This season is not complete yet and he needs to be graded on his whole body of work. As others stated, it is concerning his loosing streaks and his inability to keep a coaching staff under him. The Offensive Line is still a mess which is evident through our lack of run production. The big question here is it coaching, talent or lack of a RB1? The position which needs to be examined with a microscope is Grier. I am not convinced with his body of work dating back to 2006 as director of scouting as we have not produced the players to take this team from mediocre to good much less great.

On a side note, watching Tua in the game, I hope this banter about Watson goes away. He has shown enough that we need to continue to develop him. The one concern I do have for him is his pocket awareness. That being said, when you have a leaky line, it is tough to get an accurate gauge on that issue.

I won't be upset if he come back for two reasons:

1. I like his demeanor on the sideline. I think he's a real head coach.

2. If we rebuild I want a full rebuild once and for all, enough of the half measure BS. That includes GM, coaching staff and QB.

Yeah, let’s not forget the reports (who knows of true) earlier in the season that he was losing/lost the room. Same scenario as Patricia in Detroit and that ended poorly, even for the Lions.
Not the same at all and it's clear Flores has not lost the locker room.

Overlooked was another coaching goof right before halftime, they could have kicked a chip shot field goal. Instead they tried to pass, Tua fumbled and Carolina got 3 points.
Vintage Flores.
I’m not sure I would consider a ball hiked on the ground a fumble by Tua. But you are correct that they should have tried to kick the FG instead of trying to run one more play before going for the FG.

Fortunately the Panthers being able to kick a FG going into halftime didn’t come back to hurt the Dolphins later in the game.

Flores has dug himself holes 2/3 seasons he has been here , he has then rallied the team, missed the playoffs (due to the early hole ) and you reward that ?

You cant really count the first season. We completely gutted the team, remember?? We literally had practice squad players starting that we grabbed off the street. THEN, we went on amazing run with a steaming pile of dog poo roster in the middle of the season until the end.

This type of seesaw is in line with a team rebuilding.

He will, and he should because he's a darn good HC, BUT, he better fix that experience lacking O-Line coach, and find a better, more experienced OC (Singular) that can create the type of Offense he wants, or approves of when talking to new candidates (WITH EXPERIENCE).

I watch all the press conferences and multiple times players have noted about Flores team meeting after they went 1-7 as a turning point of the season.

I suppose that's good coaching. Maybe next year do it after at 1-3 or something. :)

Well Flores and Grier deserve the chance to use the assets they acquired, in this sense, we're talking about the cap space they built up to use this off season.

I am not thrilled about some of the decisions that transpired and lead to that horrible start to the season. I guess that's why we play the whole season though.

9-8 would be a heck of an accomplishment.

I watch all the press conferences and multiple times players have noted about Flores team meeting after they went 1-7 as a turning point of the season.

I suppose that's good coaching. Maybe next year do it after at 1-3 or something. :)
Well and in fairness that also marked the death of the trade rumors. A lot less distractions for the team and that I blame on the front office for not openly quelling them.

One thing I heard the announcers mention, was a team "come-to-Jesus" meeting they had when they got to 1-7. The players evidently had a lot on their chest they were able to get unload to Flo, and its almost uncanny how, starting that week, they went on this streak and the defense is looking like 2020's rendition.

He also mentioned Flo downplayed it (coachspeak I'm sure), but the players didn't.

Had anybody heard about this prior to that statement during the game? I hadn't heard a wiff.
What I heard it was the defensive side of the ball and they went to Boyer and Flo and asked them to go back to the attacking style of play they played last year. They listened and we have what we see now.

Back
Top Bottom