Brian Flores will be back next year - He's earned it | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores will be back next year - He's earned it

Flores has dug himself holes 2/3 seasons he has been here , he has then rallied the team, missed the playoffs (due to the early hole ) and you reward that ?
I think he just needs to learn how to get a faster start / make better use of the off-season/ pre season. The musical chairs on the o-line put us in this hole more than anything.

Jury is still out….the current coaching staff has ZERO experience and he is allowing them to learn on the job.

He knew he wouldn't be fired if we had a losing record this year so he took a chance with the bums on the current staff.

Looks like they are finally learning how to scheme though.

lmao @ dual O.C.'s - how ridiculous

I think he just needs to learn how to get a faster start / make better use of the off-season/ pre season. The musical chairs on the o-line put us in this hole more than anything.
I don’t know if it’s musical chairs as much as just having a few guys that don’t belong on the field. The shuffling was stupid as was the way he handled Tua

I don’t know if it’s musical chairs as much as just having a few guys that don’t belong on the field. The shuffling was stupid as was the way he handled Tua
Yeah agree w all of that. What bothers me is each year it’s something else that he gets wrong early on that puts us in a hole. But I would not give up on him. He’s definitely coming back because there is no way we don’t win more games this year. He has the team playing really well.

When Flores can beat good teams on consistent basis then we can talk about how good of a coach he is. Until then the jury is still out. The Ravens game was a great win. But the other three wins against the Texans, Jets, and Panthers don't prove much to me although they finally played a complete game today. They should win the next two games against the Giants and Jets at home. Even the Saints game on MNF is looking like a very winnable game now since the Saints have no offense. But that still won't prove that Flores is some great coach all of a sudden. I am afraid he can't hire a decent coaching staff to save his life. What good OC or OL coach will want to come here in the offseason?

Last edited:
One thing I heard the announcers mention, was a team "come-to-Jesus" meeting they had when they got to 1-7. The players evidently had a lot on their chest they were able to get unload to Flo, and its almost uncanny how, starting that week, they went on this streak and the defense is looking like 2020's rendition.

He also mentioned Flo downplayed it (coachspeak I'm sure), but the players didn't.

Had anybody heard about this prior to that statement during the game? I hadn't heard a wiff.

Overlooked was another coaching goof right before halftime, they could have kicked a chip shot field goal. Instead they tried to pass, Tua fumbled and Carolina got 3 points.
Vintage Flores.

That was on the Center not Tua

One thing I heard the announcers mention, was a team "come-to-Jesus" meeting they had when they got to 1-7. The players evidently had a lot on their chest they were able to get unload to Flo, and its almost uncanny how, starting that week, they went on this streak and the defense is looking like 2020's rendition.

He also mentioned Flo downplayed it (coachspeak I'm sure), but the players didn't.

Had anybody heard about this prior to that statement during the game? I hadn't heard a wiff.
An announcer said, "come to jesus?"

When Flores can beat good teams on consistent basis then we can talk about how good of a coach he is. Until then the jury is still out. The Ravens game was a great win. But the other three wins against the Texans, Jets, and Panthers don't prove much to me although they finally played a complete game today. They should win the next two games against the Giants and Jets at home. Even the Saints game on MNF is looking like a very winnable game now since the Saints have no offense. But that still won't prove that Flores is some great coach all of a sudden. I am afraid he can't hire a decent coaching staff to save his life. What good OC or OL coach will want to come here in the offseason?
Did you skip the Pats game for a reason? Just curious. As far as OC, that is all $$$ and timing. Multiple threads for that one.

In regards to winning on a consistent basis, i think that all comes down to a core team. Before this year, there hasn't been a core of the team which I honestly think Tua will be. Sure we have star players like Howard, but when it comes to gauging a team as a whole, most can see how this team is starting to meld and work as a whole which catapults a head coach into greatness. To be determined IMO.

Did you skip the Pats game for a reason? Just curious. As far as OC, that is all $$$ and timing. Multiple threads for that one.

In regards to winning on a consistent basis, i think that all comes down to a core team. Before this year, there hasn't been a core of the team which I honestly think Tua will be. Sure we have star players like Howard, but when it comes to gauging a team as a whole, most can see how this team is starting to meld and work as a whole which catapults a head coach into greatness. To be determined IMO.
Sorry but the Pats weren't the same team in Week 1 as they are now. Heck even the Saints beat them on the road in Week 3. Remember they do have 4 losses and all of their losses came at home at the beginning of the season. So I'm not going to pump my chest about a 1 point win against them in Week 1 when they clearly were a different team at that time. Talk to me when Flores can beat the Bills. Right now he is their little biatch.

Last edited:

If that is the case it sounds like the coaches are more a problem than any of those thought.

Changes will need to be made in off season, mostly on the offensive side of the ball, however I'm still quite willing to part with Flores if these changes are not made.

have to be done with the slow starts at that point in the rebuild.
Exactly. If he is back (and I think Ross will bring him back, because he gives everyone one year too many), then he needs to have a super short leash. Another short start needs to see a midseason firing.

Back
Top Bottom