Brian Griese is the answer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Griese is the answer

CirclingWagons

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
After the loss to NE, I have read millions of posts saying what we Bills fans have been telling you guys all along: Jay Fiedler cannot get it done, defenses do not respect him, and deservedly so.
Does he have a good winning pct.?...yes, but come back to reality folks, how much of that has to do with him?...put Jay Fiedler on the Bengals for those 4 years and see if he's 33-14:rolleyes:
Your defense is 33-14. Let's take a look at a couple of Jay's #s:
6 touchdowns, 7 interceptions..71.8 QB rating
Week 1: 227 yards
Week 2: 190 yards
Week 3: 154 yards
Week 5: 167 yards
Week 6: 147 yards
Week 7: 232 yards

you guys have one of the best RB's in the league, a very good TE, and a good receiver....with decent complimentary ones...why are the #'s so low?...Once again, Chris Chambers looks like he won't hit 1000 yards again...such a shame. Even in the Buffalo game, the defense played great and ricky ran hard...and Jay kept us in it.

With Griese, he doesnt have to be great...teams know he's a former Pro bowler, and still has probowl potential...Griese at QB brings instant respect to your passing O..opening up lanes for ricky.
What does it hurt to start Griese one game?...atleast you'll know whether or not you have the right guy.
If your goal is to squeak into the playoffs and get plastered in a road game, then Jay is your man...If you want a chance to see Chambers reach his full potential, and go far, start Griese

As a Bills fan, you should pray Jay Fiedler isn't the starter. Bilsl fans have seen more Fiedler wins then anyone but Fins fans.

Originally posted by Stamos
As a Bills fan, you should pray Jay Fiedler isn't the starter. Bilsl fans have seen more Fiedler wins then anyone but Fins fans.
So..I take that as you want Fiedler over Griese?....btw, you must've missed the part where I said, "Fiedler kept us in the game":tongue:

let's see; in comparison, the bills have bledsoe....and buffalo is doing what? not saying fiedler is all that at QB but you gotta look at the whole picture. the whole O is struggling and fiedler is just a part of that. should he be removed? maybe. but i don't think that is the answer right now. maybe norv should try calling plays to the teams talents/strengths first then decide if replacing the QB is what needs to happen.

I'd like to know what Fiedler had to do with the win vs Buffalo?

Fact is it took the second best defensive performance in Fins history to scrape out a win. Why? Jay Fiedler!

maybe norv should try calling plays to the teams talents/strengths first then decide if replacing the QB is what needs to happen.

Can't, teams are on to the dink and dunk crap that Norv was substituting for the plays JF is unable to run. Norv Turner has a great offense and is a playcalling genius. He's one of the most respected OC's in the business and you're willing to just trash him to protect a QB that is quickly becoming the laughing stock of the entire NFL. I just don't get the dedication some of you have for the guy. Hes certainly done very little to deserve it.

i just don't think griese at this point will do any better than jay. they are too similar in talent except jay is much more mobile. and griese isn't as familiar with the team and plays. i could be way off base, and griese could come in and just light it up, but honestly, i think he will struggle more.

if a QB change needs to happen, then sage, in my mind, is better prepared. lets give him a shot. better arm and long ball ablity.

Originally posted by jetssuckSr
I'd like to know what Fiedler had to do with the win vs Buffalo?

Fact is it took the second best defensive performance in Fins history to scrape out a win. Why? Jay Fiedler!
amen

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
After the loss to NE, I have read millions of posts saying what we Bills fans have been telling you guys all along: Jay Fiedler cannot get it done, defenses do not respect him, and deservedly so.
Does he have a good winning pct.?...yes, but come back to reality folks, how much of that has to do with him?...put Jay Fiedler on the Bengals for those 4 years and see if he's 33-14:rolleyes:
Your defense is 33-14. Let's take a look at a couple of Jay's #s:
6 touchdowns, 7 interceptions..71.8 QB rating
Week 1: 227 yards
Week 2: 190 yards
Week 3: 154 yards
Week 5: 167 yards
Week 6: 147 yards
Week 7: 232 yards

you guys have one of the best RB's in the league, a very good TE, and a good receiver....with decent complimentary ones...why are the #'s so low?...Once again, Chris Chambers looks like he won't hit 1000 yards again...such a shame. Even in the Buffalo game, the defense played great and ricky ran hard...and Jay kept us in it.

With Griese, he doesnt have to be great...teams know he's a former Pro bowler, and still has probowl potential...Griese at QB brings instant respect to your passing O..opening up lanes for ricky.
What does it hurt to start Griese one game?...atleast you'll know whether or not you have the right guy.
If your goal is to squeak into the playoffs and get plastered in a road game, then Jay is your man...If you want a chance to see Chambers reach his full potential, and go far, start Griese

Well, rumor has it that Greise will start this Monday night because Fiedler sprained his knee.

If this is the case, I sure will be pulling for him, but my warning here is that Greise does not possess any more arm strength, and he always holds onto the ball wayyyy too long.

With the way the line has been playing, Greise may only last a quarter.......

The chances of BG being the answer aren't exactly great, I'll admit that.

On the other hand I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Jay Fiedler will never do anything more than prevent us from being the team we should be.

Nothing to lose IMO and I'm not the least bit interested in our record at the end unless it results in a SB.

The only thing at risk is drafting 5 spots earlier.

The league is filled with dink and dunk QBs that can't get the ball down field. We just played one last week. Tom Brady played no better than Jay Fiedler. There are numerous other QBs with similar arm strength to Fiedler:

Rich Gannon
Tom Brady
Chad Pennington
Drew Brees
Trent Green
Joey Harrington
Jeff Garcia

Many others aren't known as down the field throwers.

The Miami Dolphins are missing opportunities in the passing game. Its not just Jay Fiedler. Its the QB and blocking, route running, catching, play calling, etc.

I saw Trent Green complete two long passes last night (one to Gonzales and one to Kennison). Both were down field and underthrown. Receivers made the play in both cases. Its is way past the time for everyone to realize that it is a TEAM GAME. There is just no way that you can make a legitimate case that the struggles are all due to Fiedler. NONE OF US HAVING ANY WAY OF KNOWING THAT.

Its just too simplistic to place all the blame on Fiedler. Actually, I wish it were just one player and the correct replacement were on the bench. That way it could be fixed very easily. Unfortunately I don't believe that is the case.

If the coaches believe Griese gives them a better chance they will make a move. Just don't expect miracles.

You just made a list of QB's that are ALL more talented than Jay Fiedler.

Tom Brady?

Brady answered that question with ONE pass.

Back
Top Bottom